Monday, May 16, 2016

50 Colorful Pencil Cap Erasers for Classroom Writing Center: The Destiny of Things, Story 375

50 Colorful Pencil Cap Erasers for Classroom Writing Center:  The Destiny of Things, Story 375

A message from a teacher with a photo update!  What memories!

50 pencil eraser caps for pinata filler, gumball capsule filler or Back to School classroom fun, available here.  Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Here is his message:

My kindergarten class loves these colorful erasers! Thanks for the quick shipping and sweet note!  

Best of luck,
David 

Not only is he a kinder teacher, but he's an artist too with a shop on Etsy, Peripheral Portraits!  Check it out here, so funny and just as colorful as the eraser caps!

Here's what he did with the eraser caps:

So cool a little writing center in black and white with a pop of color!
50 pencil eraser caps for pinata filler, gumball capsule filler or Back to School classroom fun, available here.  Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

His kinder kids are lucky because they get to use regular grown up pencils with colorful eraser caps!  At the school I taught at, it was mandatory that all classes from kinder to third grade use the fat blue pencils that didn't have erasers and were supposed to be used with the long pink table erasers because the cap erasers would usually split when put on the fat blue ones.

50 pencil eraser caps for pinata filler, gumball capsule filler or Back to School classroom fun, available here.  Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Saying Goodbye:  I still have a lot of teacher destash and probably won't be restocking these after the couple more I have are sold.  I have a ton of regular "grown up" vintage pencils to let go and list because once my third graders hit the half mark of the school year, I would buy the yellow pencils for them, so they would know they were moving up to the fourth grade!

Below are some "grown up" 4th grade vintage Berol Mirado 174 yellow pencils:

Since these are vintage, I don't know how well the erasers will work, but there's always pencil caps to add too!  Available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

What I Learned:

1.  I've come to realize how much teacher stuff I still or used to buy and yet I've been retired for several years now.  We have many teachers in our family, but they all work in districts that supply everything now and my Aunts who worked at inner city schools too have since retired also.  So there really is no need for me to buy any of that stuff anymore, although some do make cute holiday stocking stuffers!

2.  So it's time for me to move on and STOP buying teacher stuff, even if I love it!  As a recovering hoarder, I haven't bought much since I fell off my Lent Wagon.  I do buy things as rewards though, since I am a reward motivated person, but I choose them beforehand and take little baby steps to reach my goals.  Yes, I do need carrots to dangle right in front of my face to make progress, break bad habits and change them into healthier ones.

I used to give these to each student on the first day of school and other holidays and especially to my teacher helpers.
 "My teacher hearts me" pencils, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Thank you Etsy shop owner from Peripheral Portraits, such a nice surprise seeing a classroom learning center and thank you for the memories.

Love your art and shop!  Check it out!  He uses stretched canvases and acrylic paints and is very talented with his own recognizable style!

Here are some of my favorites!  This one makes me laugh, see Mr. Whipple of Don't Squeeze the Charmin, here.  I used to come home, grade papers and watch talk shows, like Sally Jessy Raphael, still LOVE her red glasses!  See them here.  Lastly, Gizmo is looks cute and noble, here!

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!
 One of my favorite teacher tools!  Flag pencil stickers!  They look cool when all your students are writing together and no one can fight over a pencil when their name is on it!  Also can be used as cupcake toppers or for personalized party straws, available here.  Let me know if you need a larger amount.
photo via Hoarder Rehab
  
I'll be relisting and listing new items tomorrow. 

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 185 items, The Destiny of Things- 189 items, VintageToGoEasy - 186 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 186 items 
 Another favorite teacher tool to help students remember to write their name and date on assignments and teacher helpers love to use these too!
2016 to 2026 mechanical date stamper with month and days, available here
Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Related Stories:










































44.  One of my most favorite and fun teacher prop!  The Destiny of Things:  Freddie the Frog Puppet, Story XII

Lol, did I get them all!?!  Wow, that was a great reminder for me!  Motivation to not hoard and a round of applause and pat on the back for letting so much go!  

Thank you for reading this far and visiting my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!

No comments:

Post a Comment