Friday, May 13, 2016

Flower Fairy Lights from Gumball Capsules: The Destiny of Things, Story 374

Flower Fairy Lights from Gumball Capsules:  The Destiny of Things, Story 374

A creative Etsy buyer turned these into large gorgeous fun fairy flower lights!

Ninja turtle color themed empty gumball capsules, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Here is her note:

I needed these quick for a Maker Faire project. The shop is super friendly and the package arrived ahead of schedule. Highly recommend this shop! Used them to make these giant light up flowers- tutorial coming soon at www.TechnoChic.net :) 
 
You have to check out here tutorial, if you want to make these!  So cute!
These look like a lot of fun to make and have in your fairy garden bedroom!
photo via Etsy buyer and show owner, check out her Etsy shop here

Saying Goodbye: I have my own stash of these in my favorite and hard to find colors and have been using them in an on going project called, "Childhood Memories" while filling up a penny gumball machine with them.
 
 Here's a photo of my penny gumball machine.  As you can see, it's the closest thing I have to a head model mannequin!  I used to keep peanut M&M's in it, so it would slow down my eating the whole bag at once, but now that I'm allergic to most conventional foods, I use it to put all my favorite childhood toys, jewelry and what not that fit in a gumball capsule.  For example, my highly prized hopscotch throwing bracelet chain is in there.  I could win at hopscotch in one turn!
photo via VintageToGoEasy
 
What I Learned:
 
1.  I'm pretty much brain dead today.  It's been 2 weeks and I can not figure out what it is that is making me feel like I need to sleep all day and all night!  It doesn't seem to matter if I sleep all day and all night I'm just as tired either way!  I can't get much done with naps every 15 minutes!

2.  My hoard is more manageable now and I've been taking care of a few plants, exactly 3 indoor plants, without loosing them in the hoard or forgetting to water them regularly.  So I'm thinking of stepping up to a gold fish!  It's just a very minute thought at the moment, perhaps more like wishful thinking.

3.  My exercise plan is out the window, since my fatigue started when I started it.  So I'll try again in a week or when my overwhelming lethargicness goes away, in the meantime I might try to go back to doing my yoga regularly, as I was doing before the jumping jacks plan, but now I can't do either because I am just too tired.

4.  Etsy buyers are so creative and so kind sharing their ideas and photos.  I've been receiving so many lately, I hope i can keep up without having to take a million naps!

In red, white and blue for circus, carnival or patriotic parties or Memorial day fun!
Or for Dr. Seuss, Cat in the Hat party themes, available here
 
Thank you Etsy shop owner from Technochic, so nice of you to share your idea, photo and link to learn how to make them.  Love how the flowers would light up any indoor or outdoor fairy garden!

Here are the links to some of my favorites from her shop!  Love these floppy disc cork bottomed coasters, here.  Where did the rainbow color coasters go?  Super cool and fun earring here.  I've never seen a Mac power button so dressed up!  Lastly I just love this light up 3d heart card, here.
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!
 
Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!
 
 If you need a hoard of these as in 50 or 100, available here
Also, these make fun wedding exit containers for your traditional rice to throw or confetti, or bird seeds, etc!
photo via Hoarder Rehab

I'm still relisting and new listing things at all the shops weekly.  Next week, after I sleep all weekend long, I hope to list some new things.  I'm getting used to listing with the new shop roll out, but it still feels like I have to run an extra mile to get the same things as before, done.  Anyone else "out there" feel the same way?

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 185 items, The Destiny of Things- 188 items, VintageToGoEasy - 186 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 191 items 
  
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 Just in case, you are a teacher and need some for your class projects here they are in 20, 24 or 30 count, available here.  Also, great for circus, carnival, fiesta themed parties for party favors or pinata fillers!
photo via Hoarder Rehab

What will you fill yours with?  It's a question I often wonder about when I package these up for orders!

Related Stories:
 
 
5.  Fun things a mom leaves out for her daughter on fairy nights:  Fairy in the House!  The Destiny of Things, Story 344  
 
"Have Less.  Do More.  Be More."--- Anonymous 

No comments:

Post a Comment