Monday, February 9, 2015

Ninja Turtle Party Gumball Capsules Surprise: The Destiny of Things, Story 273

Ninja Turtle Party Gumball Capsules Surprise:  The Destiny of Things, Story 273

It's always such as a surprise to find out how others want to use these!

 photo via VintageToGoEasy
available here

A potential Etsy buyer said she was throwing a Ninja Turtle birthday party and if I had these in Ninja Turtle colors, which I did, but not in the amount she had in mind.

I even had to look up information on the official Ninja Turtles colors and found out more info than I intended.  For instance, the first Ninja Turtles all had red masks and one could only tell them apart by the weapons they used to defend themselves.   Later they gave them different color masks to identify them more easily and the mask colors are orange, blue, purple and red.

I am guessing the green and yellow gumball capsule vending machine colors would work too, since the Ninja Turtles are primarily those colors.

 photo via VintageToGoEasy
available here 
 
This potential Etsy buyer sparked an idea and since I have tons of these I've been grouping them by tens in different color themes.  Valentine or love them in red, pinks and white here, St Patrick's day Ireland color theme in green and orange here, Mardi color theme here and Easter pastels here.
 
I've even had requests for 100, so 100 are available too!  Of course at Hoarder Rehab has most everything in amounts of 100, if we have it!  lol

photo via Hoarder Rehab
100 gumball vending machine capsules, available here
 
These make great pinata fillers and all kinds of things fit inside from erasers, candy, toys, prizes, trinkets, jewelry, tooth locket necklaces, mini pirate treasure chest lockets, coins, dollar bills, stickers, seeds to grow to feed the birds, beads, confetti to even make into a teeny tiny green house or fairy terrarium.  

It's a nice pocket sized travel container for children for their favorite items of the day, like rocks, shells, notes, fortune cookie fortunes, good luck penny or trinket and other what not souvenirs.  Perfect to hold googly eyes for eyebombing walks to make fun street art.  I haven't met a person yet, so has had a problem with filling them with their favorite or themed items!
 
One Etsy buyer ships her jewelry in them, another made some bento box snack containers for Back to School and another for crafting with children.  So fun to find your favorite things that fit in side and then glue it to a ring.  Boys and girls join the fun for their own treasure ring!
 
I keep many of my childhood treasures and more in my vintage penny gumball machine using my various gumball capsule collection!  There are so many different types to collect!  Yes, I have my favorite gumball containers and colors and vintage ones and new ones, etc.

Twinkie Chan shows how to make a simple fun gumball machine with inspiration toy capsules and was kind enough to link gumballs to my shop.  It's an easy DIY project and really cute, see and make it here from her blog, Twinkie Chan.  She loves crocheting funny foods see how cute, fun and  funny here

 
 In amounts of 25 or 50 gumball capsules, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Saying Goodbye:  I used to be crazy for gumball containers and like I've said before, there are so many different types to collect.  However, now that I've let go of hundreds of them, I don't need so many!

What I Learned:

1.  As a recovering hoarder, Etsy has allowed me to "catch and release" some of my favorite hoarded items and who knew they'd be so popular!  It's been a good way for me to get over some of my obsessions with certain objects to collect and hoard.
 
2.  Also as a recovering hoarder, I have a very distorted view of amounts.  One hundred gumball capsules do not look like a lot to me in the dump truck photos, but lined up in order in rows of ten by ten, it looks crazy a lot a lot!

photo via Hoarder Rehab
100 gumball vending machine capsules, available here
 
Thank you potential Etsy buyer for your emails and questions, which inspired me in more ways than one!
 
Thank you Etsy for not only supporting the best Hoarder Rehab outlet ever, but it also gives me an opportunity to get tired of hoarding with a kind of hoarder's catch and release program for myself!
 
Thank you readers from all over the world for supporting my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things !  Your support by visiting is much appreciated!
 
My new dehoarding goal is to list something new weekly at each shop until I reach 200 at least three shops!  I have reached that goal at two shops!
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily or weekly: HoarderRehab with 202 items, The Destiny of Things- 195 items , VintageToGoEasy - 201 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 162 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 Off they go to their new lives and homes!
 In amounts of 25 or 50 gumball capsules, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Hoarder Rehab Tip #3:  Contain and Maintain
 
As I wrote in my last post, containment of my hoard in only three of my designated areas and maintaining it is becoming easier, but in the beginning it was disastrous.  And still sometimes my hoard just multiplies out of no where and sometimes I don't even notice it until I'm expecting guests!  I am becoming more accustomed to clear spaces and can maintain several "hot spot" areas on a regular basis with more care now.
 
So I can safely say that over time (years), with patient and not perfect practice and some relentless discipline containing and maintaining my hoard has become surprisingly manageable.  Time's up!  More tips on maintaining in the next post on Wed!

Related Stories:



 
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment