Friday, September 12, 2014

Gumball Capsules into Kawaii Cute Bento Box Accessory: The Destiny of Things, Story 240

Gumball Capsules into Kawaii Cute Bento Box Accessory:  The Destiny of Things, Story 240

An Etsy buyer turned these gumball capsules into kawaii cuteness overload!

photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here

I have my own collection of these in my favorite colors and inside them are things from my childhood that I can't part with yet.  They sit inside a penny bubble gum machine that my brother and I fought over thrifting (he ended up getting it and in the end about 20 years later gave it to me in one of his purge moves)

I used to keep it on my kitchen counter filled with peanut M&M's with a bowl of pennies next to it, so friends could have little snacks and I wouldn't pig out on chocolate all at once, but since I found out I'm allergic to peanuts and gluten and most everything not organic it sat empty until a couple years ago.

So I use these gumball capsules and the diamond containers as part of that art project.  Now the gumball machine and my little treasures are part of one of my on going art projects called, "Childhood Lost Dreams" or "Broken Childhood Dreams" or "Left Over Dreams," the title of it is ongoing too. 

So when an Etsy buyer requested 10 gumball capsules with deep red color caps, the best of me as a curious recovering hoarder just had to ask why!

And guess what?  Not only did I get an answer, but I got a photo too!  And it's so kawaii cute!  So this is for all the bento lovers out there looking for another cute idea to use for you bento boxes!  This was a "rush" order too and she needed them by August 30, so I suppose she was making them for "Back to School" bento lunch boxes.


If there was a kawaii cuteness overload button, I'd be hitting it over and over!  Made me want to make my own on the spot!  so simple, just with some pipe cleaners and washi tape!  I would put pop rocks in mine!   Well, if I could still eat pop rocks!  No worries, I don't miss candy or sugar even.

Imagine what one could do with this theme!  Lemons, blueberries, oranges, green apples and purple berry!  or perhaps a little gummy bear trapped inside or gummy WORM!

Snow White theme with a poison apple with pop rocks!  Even glue them on as cabochons and make little poison apple rings.

In case someone needs a whole truck load of gumball capsules, they are here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Saying Goodbye:  I have my favorite colors set aside and when I find something for the "Lost Dreams" art project, I see if it fits into a gumball capsule and if it doesn't, I see if it fits into one of the diamond containers.

And with receiving this last story, I'm happy to let them go, besides I have my fair share of these stashed away for when I need them.

What I Learned:

1.  This is another cross in the road where I have to decide to just let my stash run out or continue with what is popular on Etsy for the moment.  I suppose I can turn hoarding into a business, which I did stumble on the idea from an Etsy blog article I read way back when I first started dehoarding on Etsy and of all things the article was about English Transferware!

However it was more about her love for English Transferware and how she found her silver lining out of bad economic times, but when I saw her garage chock full of transferware, I almost fainted from conflicting fear and excitement.

I do remember I had a terrible stomach ache that day, but can't remember if that article made me feel better or worse.  I'll have to read it again.

Here are the diamonds I put my bigger "Lost Childhood Dreams" in.
photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerLoveEtsy for taking the time to send me an answer and to email me the photo of your latest cute craft project! So fun!  Some lucky little one is having some cute fun in the bento lunch boxes!

Some other bento accessories from JunkDrawerLoveEtsy that I use mainly for card crafts and gift wrapping are sushi divider grass, monokuro clips (I think these are hair clips, but I use them for snack bag and gift wrap closures) and onigiri wraps ( I don't use onigiri wraps, but they ended up mixed in when I bought the sushi grass):

photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here
Traditionally used as food dividers for sushi and bento lunch boxes, I use these in craft cards, in small baskets with care package items to add a pop of color
and as a photo prop with rocks.

Thank you Etsy for one of many happy transactions!  And for the blog article I read today, "How to Boost Sales One Step at a Time, "which was a good reminder for me to keep my eye on my goals!

Thank you US, China, Ukraine, Germany, Finland, France, Oman, Poland, Singapore, Romania, Netherlands, UK, Spain and others for supporting  my HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things! 

My new goal is to list at least 200 items from my hoard on each shop by December for the Christmas season!  I've already met that goal at The Destiny of Things!  I'm going to try and list new hoard daily at each shop until I reach my new goal.

Click on the shop names to visit my new hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 191 items, The Destiny of Things- 202 items , VintageToGoEasy - 179 items and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy - 176 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
Gumball toy prizes that I've turned into jewelry and come in a gumball capsule too!
photo via The Destiny of Things, available here

Related Stories:

1.  Today's HoarderRehab Epiphany #5:  Hoarding as a Business:  This taught me to keep an open mind and an open heart because I seem to find answers in unlikely places!



Most Read Story of the Week, Month and All Time My Louis Vuitton Collection: the end of my collection is the beginning for someone else.  The last piece of my LV collection, my 80s LV gold cornered wallet is available here at The Destiny of Things!  

“It's never too late to have a happy childhood."  ---Tom Robbins, Still Life with Woodpecker.  His "Even Cowgirls Get the Blues" was one of my favorite college novels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment