Monday, September 22, 2014

Pirate Skull Ring Party Favors: The Destiny of Things, Story 244

Pirate Skull Ring Party Favors:  The Destiny of Things, Story 244

I loved these as a kid and would sneak my brothers to wear!  Rings on all fingers!

 photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy
Skull Rings - SOLD OUT!
except there are few left for Pirate Diamonds here
or carnival type metal rings, here

Nothing like cross bones and skulls and anything poison to entice me a s kid!  I still love poison labels from old bottles and pharmacy ephemera!  And I saved a few of these skull rings for myself.  These were left over from a little ones pirate party and were used for pinata filler.

However the pirate coins were much more popular for some reason and so there were many of these rings left over.

These sold out quickly and most of them went to a wife for her husband's 30 birthday party, who is a rum lover and his party has ended up turning pirate themed!  My guess it all started with Captain Morgan rum.  How fun!

photo via google

I am not a fan of rum, but I'm a huge fan of trinket rings from carnivals from when I was a kid, especially the birthstone ones, which I I know I have somewhere in my hoard!  I used to wear them til they fell off from breaking.

photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy
Skull Rings - SOLD OUT!
except there are few left for Pirate Diamonds here
or carnival type metal rings, here 
 
Saying Goodbye:  I had no idea my little trinket affinities would sell so well or quickly and now that much of my junk drawer items have sold and I have more space, I'm not going to clutter it up again any time soon.

I've been moving my crafting and art supplies into the empty drawers and boxes!  Now that's progress!

What I learned:

1.  I am still "reward" based meaning I am not motivated to dehoard unless there is some kind of reward in place for me, like a carrot in front of a horse!  So sometimes my rewards start piling up, but I am getting better with quality shopping, instead of random cheap thrill bargains and set up my rewards ahead of time and with ideas on how to use them.

For instance, if I let go of five things than usually my reward is 10% of the profit towards my art projects.  Sometimes seeing more space and less clutter works, but that usually happens way after the fact.  Perhaps imagery can be a replacement for rewards?

I'd like to be motivated beyond tangible rewards, but I haven't quite figured it out yet, nor thought of a non tangible reward that works.  I'd love to be able to do things without my life being reward based, but I'm still working on how to go about that.

What motivates you when you need to get an unpleasant project done?  And if you are reward based, what are your types of rewards?  Food or shopping or other?
 
 Pirate Diamonds filled with pirate treasure!
photo JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here
more pirate related items here

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerLoveEtsy for letting me know that these skull rings are going to be on some run drinking party fingers for a 30th birthday!

Thank you Etsy for helping me let go and dehoard of 854 items!  I am starting to see a patch of glimmering hope towards my dream of  Minimalist Organic home!

Thank you US, China, Ukraine, France, Canada, Poland, Japan, Russian, Spain, United Kingdom, Vietnam, Chile, New Zealand and others for your visits over the weekend and supporting in my HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!   
 
 Pirate Diamonds filled with pirate treasure!
photo JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here
more pirate related items here
 
My new goal is to list at least 200 items from my hoard on each shop by October for the Christmas season!  I've already met that goal at The Destiny of Things!  I'm going to try and list new hoard daily at each shop until I reach my new goal.
 
Click on the shop names to visit my new hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 194 items, The Destiny of Things- 202 items , VintageToGoEasy - 187 items and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy - 177 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 Pirate Diamonds filled with pirate treasure!
photo JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here
more pirate related items here

Related Stories:  Other themed celebrations!

 
2.  Small 3" Red Heart Doilies:  The Destiny of Things, Story 172 :  Alice in Wonderland themed dinner party

3.  Mikasa Flower Bowls:  The Destiny of Things, Story 173  :  Floral themed garden wedding 
 
4.  Underwater Birthday Miracle Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story 161:  Ocean themed with a really cute octopus cake! 
 
"Harmony.  It's not what's lasting or permanent.  It is about individual voices coming together for a moment.  And that moment lasts a length of a breath, or in my instance a transaction.  That's what I think about my time here."---Frank Underwood from House of Cards or in my case, I think it's "destiny, as well as harmony."

2 comments:

  1. Recognize the quote. So glad it has been more than a moment!!

    What did you mean when you said "Perhaps imagery can be a replacement for rewards?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day I hope to get things done without being reward based and I was thinking perhaps imagining my home or craft room without clutter would be reward enough. Til then, I need dangling carrots!

    ReplyDelete