Friday, February 14, 2014

Underwater Birthday Miracle Fish: The Destiny of Things, Story 161

Underwater Birthday Miracle Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story 161

From California to Australia for an underwater theme event and came with photo updates!

photo via The Destiny of Things, available here

This Etsy buyers used the fish in a totally different way for her Underwater themed birthday bash for a lucky special someone!

This was around Christmas time and my blog stories seem to be getting lost and mixed up as I am catching up on sleep and have basically ditched my monthly, weekly and daily planner and have gone rogue with my "to do" lists!

Anyways, we often give shipping refunds and this Etsy buyer noticed it, but thought something was wrong with her order and emailed us about it and then one thing lead to another and I kindly received a story with photos from Australia!

Here's our email exchange: 

From Australia:

Thanks. I so glad there isn't a problem. Thanks for posting them quickly! I must admit I've been having way too much fun with the theme. :)



Hi!

Same here, but with Etsy's Geometric Tree Advent Calendar! I'd love to see pix of your theme, if you have the time! :)

Thanks!


From Australia:

 
I love your hoarder rehab idea. We're on the same path with what I'm beginning to do with my children for advent. An act of kindness each day. Today's task is to make a bag of pre loved things that could be loved again (for the opportunity shop). Mine are all cook books and knitting books! The fish were well received. I'll post on feedback.


That's a photo of the creative cake from the underwater theme party of a party submerged octopus and the fish that I lost and techless me can't get back yet!  I'll show larger photos down the ways!


 
Hi! Thank you for your email and inspiration! I love your Advent ideas of acts of kindness and will save it for next Christmas or for an Easter or birthday count down Advent same kind of thing!

I am so happy to hear the fish were well received and thank you for the awesome photos all the way from AU! I love the octopus cake, so cute! Looks too cute to eat up! And your mysteries of the ocean deep fish swim! I hope I can use them on my blog! I will leave you anonymous.

Thank you for the feedback too!
Best regards,
~Kennedy at
www.etsy.com/shop/HoarderRehab
www.etsy.com/shop/thedestinyofthings
www.etsy.com/shop/vintagetogoetsy
www.etsy.com/pt/shop/JunkDrawerLoveEtsy

Read 130+ stories from Etsy buyers who help me stay focused on my HoarderRehab!

hoarderrehab.blogspot.com/

Here's a larger photo of the Underwater Clever Partly Submerged Octopus Cake!

 photo via Etsy buyer in Australia!  I wonder if that cake is Ding Dong style!

I love her Advent idea.  Now if only I could give so freely and donate because I tend to buy it right back in one form or way or another!  I've purged my hoard through donations so many times through out my life until it's repeated pattern has became an obvious unknown irrelevant solution for me.  

What to do?  Dissipating my hoard through Etsy and writing about the stories behind the purchase and how they relate to my Hoarder Rehab has been the best solution for me so far!  I am so thankful for many who have shared their stories with me to help me with mine, it's been an incredible journey!

  How she created this underwater illusion is beyond me, yet very peaceful and I see my fortune fish added some nice color to it.  Photo via Etsy buyer in Australia


There are all kinds of ideas swimming around out there for these Miracle Fish!  Personally I love the graphics and wonder if it's because it's from my time or if it's the graphics.

photo via The Destiny of Things, available here

Saying Goodbye:  Of course, I have my own stash of these because I give them out to anyone who orders something from my Etsy shops as a "thank you" to them and as a reminder for me that my Hoarder Rehab is leading into the mysterious unknown!

photo via The Destiny of Things,  free with any order or available here


Also I keep some in my backpack for handing out to children and other people who might need the random distraction of happiness these little dancing fish can give to those enchanted by simple magic!

And I am so thankful that others find them just as enchanting and find other uses for them too!

What I Learned:

1.  These little guys have never grown old for me and seem to live on in other people's lives too!  So far, I've gotten email stories from people using them in Surprise Balls, party favors for a birthday mystery party, someone in NY passing them out to college classmates who didn't know they still existed, while studying Catheryn Hankla's short story book, Miracle Fish Fortune Teller, a little 3 year old girl enchanted by them, and who know what else from stories I didn't reciveve!

And I use them all the time as mentioned above and seem to have quite the collection of fortune teller paper ephemera now!

2.  It boggles my mind and I am so thankful that there are so many creative people "out there" and many of them share their ideas with me to share here on my Hoarder Rehab blog.

What's your latest and greatest creative ideas or doings?  Mine have been going back to my washi tape collage art as an alternative to spending my time hoarding and/or retail therapy!

This print is the first in a series of reversible washi tape collage art inspired by a quote I heard from Francis Underwood on the Netflix series, House of Cards.  Print available here  with more photos!


Thank you Etsy buyer from Australia for spending some time with me and sending your story.  Thank you for your ideas that I hope will bring more ideas to whoever stops by and read this!

Thank you Etsy for finding over 580 of my hoarded items new lives and better homes and over 160+ warm connections that are helping with my Hoarder Rehab and taking me to a place where a different positive unknown journey is more than welcome!

Thank you US, Germany, Indonesia, Canada, China, United Kingdom, Taiwan, and all others that have visited since Wednesday and are supporting my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things adventures!  


Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily: HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things, VintageToGoEasy and now JunkDrawerLove!  There are about 102 items listed on JunkDrawerLove and relistings to each shops daily and adding new listings weekly to all shops too!  Thanks for looking!

Maybe you'll find something to and give it a new life and share your story with me! 
Related Stories:

1.  An Etsy buyer from NY sharing Fortune Fish with her college classmates as they study, Fortune Teller Miracle Fish by Cathryn Hankla:  The Destiny of Things, Story 152.  I also included some of my favorite passages, read it here 

2.  Fortune Teller Miracle Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story LXXXII, here used as party favors!

3.  Miracle Fish Fortune Teller Surprise Balls:  The Destiny of Things, Story XCII, here

4. A Little Girl and her Miracle Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story #112:  Part 1

5.  UPDATE on A Little Girl and her Miracle Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story #112, Part 2, here
 
Most Read Story of the Week:  Green Glass Coca Cola Cups by Libbey:  The Destiny of Things, Story 159, Read it here

 
Most Read Story of All TimeMy Louis Vuitton Collection: the end of my collection is the beginning for someone else.  The last piece of my LV collection, my 80s LV gold cornered wallet is available here at The Destiny of Things!   
 
Thanks for stopping bye! and Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours!
 
"Harmony.  It's not what's lasting or permanent.  It is about individual voices coming together for a moment.  And that moment lasts a length of a breath, or in my instance a transaction.  That's what I think about my time here."---Frank Underwood from House of Cards or in my case, I think it's "destiny, as well as harmony."

No comments:

Post a Comment