Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Tooth Fairy Tooth Holders and Healthy Eating Art: The Destiny of Things, Story 163

Tooth Fairy Tooth Holders and Healthy Eating Art:  The Destiny of Things, Story 163

All the way to the UK!

photo via JunkDrawerLove, more available here

These are going to a niece that's tooth fairy age and the rest are going to be party of a healthy eating art project this year!  How fun!

My third grade students always loved these and I used them to to promote healthy teeth as a motivational tool at the introduction lesson and that ties into healthy eating!  Everyone got one and I had the treasure chests too to give out at the end of the lesson.

photo via VintageToGoEasy, more available here

And if your tooth fell out during school time, you got your choice to keep your tooth in to make it home safely for the tooth fairy.  I had many of these left from teaching and hope to use them in some of my art too!

I wonder how they will be used to promote healthy eating art in the United Kingdom, but I'm sure it's going to be fun using them!

Here's the link to some of the other art projects taken place on the blog, Blackpool Culture shops:

http://blackpoolcultureshops.wordpress.com/

and their facebook link too:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dr-Evoes-Pet-Shop-Central-Drive-Blackpool/402029496559706

Maybe one day I'll see the tooth fairy tooth lockets in an art project promoting healthy eating by children!  How fun, I would love that!

Know any toothless grins this coming Saint Patty's day? photo via Hoarder Rehab, available here

Saying Goodbye:  I have my own stash of these put aside for my own art projects one day and am happy that these bring back memories for some and make new memories for others.

What I Learned:

1.  Many of the same things I loved from my childhood are still loved by children of today, like these tooth savers, tooth saver chests, Fortune Fish, my childhood folk art dolls, etc.

2.  I'm not the only one who would use these in an art project and would love to see what others do as well!

How would you use them in art?  

Thank you Etsy buyer artist from the UK for your order at Hoarder Rehab and taking part in my Hoarder Rehab in such a big way!

Thank you Etsy for not only finding new lives for my hoard, but finding a healthy outlet for them too!

Thank you US, China, Philippines, Canada, UK, India and Ukraine for your visits and reading many of my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things adventures!   

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily: HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things, VintageToGoEasy and now JunkDrawerLove!  There are about 97 items listed on JunkDrawerLove and relistings to each shops daily and adding new listings weekly to all shops too!  Thanks for looking!

Maybe you'll find something and give it a new life and share your story with me!  

Related Stories:  

1.  For a good old fashioned Halloween party without candy in a tree house, read here!
2.  These shipped out ASAP for a loose tooth! Read about it here
3.  A mother hunts down these tooth lockets for her daughter's presentation here!  with updates and pics!
4.  Tooth locket story from a fellow teacher for a family of loose teeth, click here!
5.  These plastic tooth lockets maybe molds to make sterling jewelry at an Etsy shop, here!
7.  Update on Miswak, here, yes I still love it and use it twice daily.  New update coming soon!
 
"Take a moment and remember your own toothless grin!"

No comments:

Post a Comment