Friday, February 28, 2014

Large Sterling Hair Clip: The Destiny of Things, Story 167

Large Sterling Hair Clip:  The Destiny of Things, Story 167

This left without a story, but I'm still hoping to find mine!

photo via The Destiny of Things, read it's original listing here
This was an unused milestone birthday gift.  It's huge and heavy for a hair clip, a little over 3 inches long and will hold my mass of hair, but through all these years, I never even tried it.  It's just something I'd never use and after waiting over 3 years to become unallergic to sterling to see if I was ever going to try it,  I finally listed it.

It's gotten plenty of offers, but I just couldn't let it go and was dreading and hoping for it to stay or leave and then one day out of the blue it sold....it felt like an abra ca da bra "poof" wave of a wand gone magic trick.

photo via The Destiny of Things, it looks like it's walking away!


Saying Goodbye:  I thought this was going to bring plenty of tug of war feelings when I had to let it go, but it left without an inkling of dismay or huge pull to shop for other things.

And I have no idea why... is it because I have seemed to cured my insomnia and am catching up on decades of long lost sleep or is it finding alternatives to my hoarding ways? or have I dehoarded enough to unclutter my mind to remember bits and pieces of memories, like boxes of mixed up puzzle pieces, eventually being sorted and slowly coming together to see my own stories?

What I Learned:

1.  How much does the "why" really matter if I can dehoard less painlessly again?

2.  Why unused gifts are so sentimental to me that I hold on to them for decades is beyond me and why I feel guilty about letting them go is another clue to my own mysteries, however I do know that the more I let go of these things; these things help me to relive the pain and each time the pain is less and less.

Again, how much of the "why" matters when "something" is working....

What do you think?  Am I gaining speed or dodging a bullet?

Thank you Etsy buyer from The Destiny of Things for quietly ordering my Sterling Hair Clip because your silence helped me with mine.

Thank you Etsy for your continued help with my dehoarding journey.

Thank you US, Brazil, China, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Russia, Ukraine, Thailand, Bosnia and Herzegovina or your support as I journey through my HoarderRehab and  The Destiny of Things!

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily: HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things and VintageToGoEtsy and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy!  There are about 99 items listed on JunkDrawerLoveEtsy and will be listing 1-2 new things there daily and 1-2 items at the other shops!  Keep an eye open for my handmade things which is my alternative to hoarding now!  Thanks for looking! 

Most Read Story of the Week and Month:  My Organic Toothbrush Stick called Miswak  I'm still using the same stick twig after 8 months and still loving it!  My Miswak Toothbrush Update, three months later.  

Miswak is available, here, at our HoarderRehab Etsy shop.  Four more miswak are available at The Destiny of Things, here! 

All Time Most Read StoryMy Louis Vuitton Collection the end of mine for the beginning of someone else.  The last piece of my LV collection, my 80s LV gold cornered wallet is available here at The Destiny of Things! 

"Forget all the reasons why it won't work and try the one reason that might!"

No comments:

Post a Comment