Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Tooth Locket Necklaces and Fortune Fish: The Destiny of Things, Story 166

Tooth Locket Necklaces and Fortune Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story 166

I'm so thankful that I'm not the only one who remembers these from childhood!

 photos via Hoarder Rehab and JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here and here!


My childhood is quite blurry, but dehoarding seems to help unclutter my mind which includes many past memories all the way to childhood!

Here's the email I received that confirmed mine!

Sadly, I am not doing anything terribly exciting with them. I have a shop where I sell a lot of old medical/dental items, dolls, creepy things in general and I thought they would be perfect little tchotchke trinkets to add as a thank you gift. Plus those necklaces were the most exciting part about going to the dentist when I was a kid. 

Thank you so much again, sorry it took me so long to get back to you. It's been crazy around here.

CR

I think she means crazy because she just opened her new Etsy shop, Curios and Conjures! check it out here!  Welcome CR! The beginning with opening and listing can get crazy with everything to remember and do!


 photos via Hoarder Rehab and JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here and here!

 At my childhood dentist office, I remember a heavy paper treasure chest with many goodies inside it with stapled on paper headers.  I think I might have loved the paper headers as much as the toys inside them!  I even have a cardboard treasure chest somewhere in my hoard!  I wonder what's in it!  Must find...

I don't remember these teeth necklaces in it, but I do remember pink plastic bracelets and lollipops with lopped string handles!  Orange was my favorite flavor.  Ironic for a dentist to pass out!  Maybe it was the doctor's office.... maybe it was sugarless candy, remember that?

I don't know why, but it's nice to know these are from my childhood.  I had my suspicions, but now they are confirmed.  It seems I hoard a lot of things from my childhood that I either have used in my art in the past or want to in the future, but nothing at the moment.

Now the fortune fish, I remember playing with in the car and she ordered these too!  I think anyone of any age would take a secret minute or two to play with one of these!

 photo via Hoarder Rehab, available here!

Saying Goodbye:  I love these and have mine stashed away and will use all the defective ones in my art one day.  Perhaps sooner than later!

What I Learned:

1. One of my hoard patterns is to collect things from my childhood.  In the past, I don't remember much, but it seems I'm remembering more and more as I dehoard.  I wonder what I'm supposed to uncover for myself.

2.  Some good news, it seems that my collage art is becoming a pleasing timeless alternative to my hoarding ways!  However, the bad news is keeping myself busy enough to stop buying more washi tapes!

I don't know why my 100 or so various types of tapes don't seem enough and I'm always looking for more as inspiration.  Maybe it's a form of procrastination for me?  Anyways, I can't imagine how long, if ever, I can use it all!  My head says to stop, but my heart keeps window shopping!  It must mean something and I hope it's a clue to my hoarder recovery!

Here is a sample of my washi tape collage art.  This is series no 3, another Abstract Love collage:


photo via Hoarder Rehab, print available here  
Not sure about all the watermarks on it, still experimenting!

It's a combination of several inspirations, but dedicated to all the Etsy buyers who have left me stories to help mine, inspired by the quote I heard Francis Underwood say from House of Cards about Harmony in one of his speeches.  

Here is the quote as I heard it:

"Harmony.  It's not what's lasting or permanent.  It is about individual voices coming together for a moment.  And that moment lasts a length of a breath, or in my instance a transaction.  That's what I think about my time here."---Francis Underwood from House of Cards

When I heard that quote, it went straight to my heart because that's how I feel about my dehoarding on Etsy and this blog.

It's reversible too!  

Front view has Abstract Love:


It is meant to be seen with a lot of light, perhaps washi taped to a window!


Back side has the Francis Underwood, Harmony quote:  

 So when I get need a change of view I can just turn it around!

You can read more about the collage, here.  Reversible double sided frame available, here.

Thank you CR from Curios and Conjures for your kindness of sending a story, helpfulness (good to meet another over explainer that I can understand!), inspiration and motivation to keep going with mine!  Welcome and many happy sales to you and your new shop!  

Some of my favorites of her altered art is here quill doll head here, ironic rat trap, here and Love potion, here.  Also, I love her section on Crystals and Stones, here!  

Note to self:  Some of the defective tooth necklaces look like they have cavities, maybe her altered art have inspired mine!

Thank you Etsy for connecting me such a friendly and helpful Etsy buyer and helping me in so many ways with my dehoarding process, like finding 587 hoarded items new lives and homes!

Thank you US, China, Philippines, Ukraine, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Indonesia, Latvia, Poland, Bulgaria, Germany, Malaysia and Qatar for your visits and taking part in my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things adventures!  

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily: HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things, VintageToGoEasy and now JunkDrawerLove!  There are about 100 items listed on JunkDrawerLove and relistings to each shops daily and adding new listings weekly to all shops too!  Thanks for looking!

Maybe you'll find something to and give it a new life and share your story with me!

Related Tooth Necklace Stories:  

1.  For a good old fashioned Halloween party without candy in a tree house, read here!
2.  These shipped out ASAP for a loose tooth! Read about it here
3.  A mother hunts down these tooth lockets for her daughter's presentation here!  with updates and pics!
4.  Tooth locket story from a fellow teacher for a family of loose teeth, click here!
5.  These plastic tooth lockets maybe molds to make sterling jewelry at an Etsy shop, here!
7.  Update on Miswak, here, yes I still love it and use it twice daily.  New update coming soon!
8.  Tooth Fairy Tooth Holders and Healthy Eating Art:  The Destiny of Things, Story 163, here 

Related Fortune Fish Stories:

1.  An Etsy buyer from NY sharing Fortune Fish with her college classmates as they study, Fortune Teller Miracle Fish by Cathryn Hankla:  The Destiny of Things, Story 152.  I also included some of my favorite passages, read it here 

2.  Fortune Teller Miracle Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story LXXXII, here used as party favors!

3.  Miracle Fish Fortune Teller Surprise Balls:  The Destiny of Things, Story XCII, here

4. A Little Girl and her Miracle Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story #112:  Part 1

5.  UPDATE on A Little Girl and her Miracle Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story #112, Part 2, here

6.  Underwater Birthday Miracle Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story 161, here
 
"Onwards and UPwards!" ---MDF Club

No comments:

Post a Comment