Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Fortune Teller Miracle Fish: The Destiny of Things, Story LXXXII

Fortune Teller Miracle Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story LXXXII

A kind Etsyian sent a story to our shop, The Destiny of Things!


A one sentence anonymous story goes a long way for me...and here it is:

I am having a spy/secret agent party - just adding it in my gift bags for the guests... :)

Wow, that sounds fun--- a spy secret agent party with these as part of goodies!  One of my favorite thing as a child was to bring home my party favor bag and arrange the items.  Too bad I didn't keep my collection of party favor bags and favors!

I am so happy other people still love these Miracle Fish Fortune Tellers too!  They remind me of long car rides to visit relatives and sitting in the back seat playing with these to stay occupied!  I remember several hot summer drives with all the windows rolled down trying to keep this in my palm to know my fortune!

Now I love the cool dot and solid graphics and classic fish that curls, jumps or plays dead!

I started with a hoard of these from my hoard, but soon ran out and yes, I just HAD to buy some more!  I use these as as part of my thank you goodies, since as a recovering hoarder I am going from hoarding into the unknown.

Moving into the unknown used to sound scary to me, but now all I know is that it's got to be better than living the life I've known as a hoarder!  So as a "thank you" to all my Etsy buyers I send little goodies that remind me that the "unknown" is full of surprises, small delights and cheery thoughts!

And yes, I did have fun buying fortune teller items and finding some in my hoard!  So inside a glassine bag or Fortune Teller Miracle Fish you will find a "Thank You" note on classic blue cotton graph paper with red ink, like my banner above and some other items that remind me that the "unknown" is better than my past hoarding life, like: 

-fortune papers from fortune cookies:  which I've been collecting since the 70s and most of them are still lost in my hoard, but I found some printable ones.

-Mexican loteria cards

-Italian postal stamp that have a hammer breaking my hoarder chains 

-fortune teller paper from old diner napkin dispensers

-temporary mustache finger tattoos for an instant disguise into the unknown

-origami crane for long life and peace and if I make a thousand of them--- my wish will come true.  So far I've made almost 300 of them, since as of today, 291 items have found new homes!

-and I've been meaning to add a penny for your thoughts and good luck!

Can anyone else think of some other types of fortunes I could include?


Saying good-bye:  I may never have to say good-bye to these, since people are using them as party favors and collages.  Hopefully soon, hopefully in one more year or less, the bulk of my hoard will have been dispersed through Etsy!

I am so looking forward to having a music art room to create "who knows what!"  My dream of a professional grade copy machine is so close now I've been shopping for one, like the Epsom 3880 or at least one that xerox's images on to fabric.  Anyone out there know of a good one that copies images onto fabric?  I might even have the space for it now!  Yippee!

What I Learned:

1.  Maybe I can make my hoarding tendencies work for me and come to some balance within myself, home and vehicles.  It's still conflicting, stressful, contradicting and confusing for me to buy things right now, so I try to wait a month or so and if I can still remember it, it's use and have a place for it....I might buy it!  I do have slip ups and set backs....though.

2.  Most of my hoarded items seem to make many people happy, so I suppose in some ways it's been a blessing and not a curse.   And who knows what my hoard will bring to me as I move into a life without hoard!  

One of my biggest inspirations of turning the upside down into the right side up is from the story of Nancy Roberts and her transferware China collection turned Etsy shop, English Transferware.  I was so inspired I wrote an article about her and her collection called, Hoarding as a Business.  Click on the link to read it, here.

3.  I do look forward to the day, when my hoard is manageable and not just my life, home and vehicles will be uncluttered, but my mind too!

Thank you Etsyian for leaving your anonymous one sentence story and taking part in my Hoarder Rehab: The Destiny of Things!  Click on the link HERE, if you need 10 or more Fortune Teller Miracle Fish!  If you need some different inexpensive party favor ideas click here!

Thank you Etsy for helping me disperse my hoard into the world, not only making me happy, but also more people than I ever thought possible!

Thank you US, Spain, China, Netherlands and Singapore for joining me today in my Hoarder RehabThe Destiny of Things!  Click on links to visit newly listed hoard at any or all of my Etsy shops at VintageToGoEtsy, HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!  Thank you!

Click on the link HERE, if you need 10 or more Fortune Teller Miracle Fish!  If you need some different inexpensive party favor ideas click here!

Related Stories:

1.  Hoarding as a Business:  Inspirational Story of Nancy's Robert's Collection saving her and her family from foreclosure and financial ruin!

2.  Clutter as Visual Noise:  Comments that have helped me from the Etsy blog, "Is having too much stressful?"

3.  My 80s-90s Sticker Collection:  treasure chest fun and could be other party favor surprises!  Click on the links to see 100 stickers for your instant collection, party favors or treasure chest at VintageToGoetsy, HoarderRehab and/or The Destiny of Things!

4.  Tooth Locket Story:  with an update picture of her daughter waiting for her tooth to fall out!  This story taught me the value of buying "one" of what I need!  These tooth locket necklaces make great party favors too and can be ordered here!



No comments:

Post a Comment