Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Duet Piano Book by John Schaum: The Destiny of Things, Story XCIII

 Duet Piano Book by John Schaum:  The Destiny of Things, Story XCIII

Nothing like finding a story in my "Note from Buyer" area!


Note from Buyer I'm so excited to find this book. My sister and I had a book like this in the 70's after we started taking piano lessons. Our favorites to play together were the "En Route March" and "Village Festival". We live about 350 miles apart now, and it'll be great for us to each have a copy so we can each brush up on some of our old songs to play again for our parents.



Invoice: www.etsy.com/your/orders/93092351

Hi there!

Thank you for the order of the 60s piano book, it will be shipped out tomorrow! I was hoping it would be going to someone who was going take up piano again and even better there's two of you even though you are so far away! Did you ever play duets? My brother and tried.

I did use this book for awhile a couple of years ago, but wasn't disciplined enough to continue by myself. My mom requests Fur Elise every once in awhile and I can still play enough of it for her to smile, so I know how happy you and your sister will make each other and your parents!

Please tell me, I can use your "note from buyer" exactly as it is for my blog!

Many thanks for your story, it will surely go on the blog along with mine and how I'm doing with my recovery as a hoarder!

I can't thank you enough for making my day! Best wishes to you, your sister and family musically and in every other way!

~Kennedy at
www.etsy.com/shop/HoarderRehab
www.etsy.com/shop/vintagetogoetsy
www.etsy.com/shop/thedestinyofthings

PS. Thank you for joining me and 80+ Etsyians in my journey to break my hoarding chains!

hoarderrehab.blogspot.com/



Saying Good-bye:  Last I heard is she is watching out for the mailman and looking forward to playing through the book!  That is so cool to hear that even though two sisters are 350 miles apart they will be playing the same tunes and one of them with my book!  I love stories like this one!

My brother and I tried playing duets, but he practiced even less than I did, so we never got past "Heart and Soul," which I think is the first piece I learned to play!  Listen to it here, if you want to walk down memory lane.  And just for fun the other song most learned to play without lessons, "Chopsticks" here

Saying good-bye to my piano books is like saying good bye to all my years of piano lessons.  Eight years of playing and finally getting to the point of mastering Mozart's Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in variations on the piano and then adding my own to variations was enough for me and I left piano lessons forever!  Listen to  Mozart's "Twinkle Little Star" in variations here, while you read the rest of this post!

Why did I quit when I was finally getting some where?  I have no idea, but I tried playing again a couple years ago and knew it was going to take me another eight years to get back to where I had left off.  Hence all the piano books at my Etsy shop, The Destiny of Things, listed here.

I did play a couple of times a week because back then that was about all I could do, since I was so ill.  Once I got well, which took several years, I decided against more weekly piano lesson and practicing piano finger strength exercises for the next eight more years for an art room instead.  The music room is for mr. oz.

What I Learned:

1.  The several years when I was bedridden sick is the time when I piled hoard on top of hoard!  I tried to find every piano lesson book I had to start from the beginning of my piano lesson days!  And piano lesson books is just one of the many things I bought to keep myself going during THAT illness.

I am so happy I am decently tolerably well now and dehoarding is just another step for me to get in even better health.

2.  My battle with hoard is still a battle and breaking my hoarder chains is more challenging on some days than others and I seem to be going through a tough spell of it, since the thrifting fiasco.  So I am thinking either the thrift shop overload combined with most likely "something else" that I haven't figured out yet has triggered a deep need to fill up a hole that is "so far" a bottom less pit I keep trying to fill up through buying more things!

3.  And the worst part is I don't know how to stop the feeling, except to let it run it's course and accept it.  So here I am sitting with this feeling of "some sort" of loss that I can not put my finger on and try not to buy anything.  Please wish me luck and send good thoughts my way!  Thank you!

Thank Etsy buyer for leaving your story!  Thank you for taking me down memory lane and I hope you and your sister continue practicing to play at your family gatherings.  Just like old times!

Thank you Etsy for keeping me focused on my HoarderRehab and to continue my journey to break these chains to free myself into a new life! 

Thank you Google for providing me with this free blog space to figure out my hoarding ways.  I think more clues dropped down from the skies today!  Thank you for bringing people here and to all three of my shops!

Thank you US, Russia, Germany, Brazil and Turkey for joining me on my quest as a recovering hoarder!  Visit my newly listed hoard at VintageToGoEtsy, HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things by clicking on the highlighted Etsy shops.

Related Stories:

1.  My HoarderRehab Melt Down:  I'm battling the feeling, but I may be on the brink of another one.

2.  Retail Therapy as a Stress Relief, part 1, part 2, part 3:  Did my last thrift overload spur another shopping spree?

3.  My Thirfting Overload:  Anyone have any ideas on  how to contain hoarder feelings of going on a buying spree?

No comments:

Post a Comment