Thursday, June 20, 2013

Teacher Destash Floral Stickers: The Destiny of Things, Story XC

Teacher Destash Floral Stickers:  The Destiny of Things, Story XC

I ask for stories from every person who orders an Etsy item, despite how crazy it may sound, even to myself sometimes because I'd rather know than not know and there's always a chance someone will share their back story and I always learn something from their story telling.


This person bought out my whole collection from my teaching days!  She bought them all from both shops! and she ordered other ones too!

I'm already curious about the back story when something sells, but when she bought the same stickers at HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things, my curiosity was maxed out and I just had to know about these stickers!

This is what I found out!


 
Ken I am going to use them on colored boards to add to my photos. I think putting them on will make a great background for my photos. Some of my crafts I might not use those board. I might use plain boards. Depending how it looks. Are the others you have flowers also? Give me a deal, and I will take the rest.

As far as the tropical foam, I will have to see them. Things pop into my mind. Not sure yet what I will use them on.


Her story rang a bell so loud for me, I had to write about it today!  It was perfect timing!


Eventually, I want to be a "Happy Crafter" like Carol and have a shop like hers with things I made in it!

I definitely can relate to Carol's collecting of "certain" stickers, I do the same thing, like collecting 90s mini Mrs. Grossman's heart stickers, which the over flows into collecting certain Victorian style angel die cuts.

Also, if I see something I love, usually from my childhood and an art project will "POP" into my head too!  And I'll start collecting things for it, my latest being monopoly houses, hotels and money with gum ball toys.

BUT my biggest issue is "actually" doing the project I have in mind! I need discipline to start, remember to continue and finish my projects.

All I can say is at least these new collections are smaller than my other collections, but then I remind myself of my religious cross and medal collection that was so vast it took up a "file" box!

And I have to ask myself, do I have room to create these "pop in my head" projects?  Not unless I use the dining room table, however once I start a project, I like to make different versions and let it rest for a day or two and go back and see it through "fresh" eyes.

I like eating on the dining room table daily, so I have tried putting my projects away and then I end up losing them in my hoard, forgetting about them or end up starting another project!

I have a long ways to go here!  I can see my issues with hoarding are just not with objects from my past, but items I think have "potential" for other uses or art!


Saying Good-bye:  I love these stickers, but have had them for decades and haven't used them, yet their potential for something creative still lives within me!  However, I have so many hoarded items that I think have potential, I have no idea where to begin or what I really want to make out of anything!

So off these stickers go joyfully to someone who will actually use them on color boards for photos!  I hope I Carol remembers to send me updated photos of her project because I think it would really help me to see a follow through!  Thank you Carol!

What I learned:

1.  A cluttered home does lead to a cluttered mind!  I've noticed that my living room display shelves have enough empty space for me to actually notice what's on them and I am down to my favorite "love love" items and art made from family members.

I actually do think I feel better about it all, which I never thought possible because before all this, the thought of parting with anything was unthinkable, painful, confusing and stressful!  So I am making good discernible seeable progress in that area.

My mind is becoming more uncluttered also because with all the projects I've collected over the years, I'm now can think about where to start and how to manage them!

What to do with all the "stuff" I keep buying as potential projects?

2.  It took me about a month, but I listed items until my huge plastic see thru box was empty!  It's over 2 feet long, over 1 foot wide and deep.  It even has wheels on the bottom of it.

I had it for teaching when when every two months I moved to another classroom at a year round school.  Then it held items that I had in it from my move two years ago and since I didn't unpack it, I did my best to detach and dehoard myself from everything in it!  Now, it's finally empty!

It's been sitting in my living room empty for a week now and the whole time I've been wondering if I should use it or dump it.  I can't throw away or donate anything I think is useful yet, so I decided to put all the craft things I find in it because I have such a diminished spatial awareness when it comes to my "things" with potential for upcycling.

Starting with the clothes I bought from my last thrifting fiasco!  Clothes I bought just for the fabric because I thought it would make such interesting background or had potential for textile collage or I could rip up to make distressed silk ribbon!

When that box is full, I hope the music art room has been dehoarded, so mr oz has space for his music and I have space for my projects!

Let's see how this little experiment helps my awareness of how much and how many things I see and keep as potential projects and whether I do anything with them!

Thank you Carol from the Etsy shop, The Giraffe for ordering my bulk of stickers and sharing your story about their future.  I find it so interesting and amazing that someone will use them in a project I've been waiting to happen for decades!  I'd love and enjoy an update of their transformation!

Thank you for also sharing your story because it was a big factor in mine to trigger the connection of my hoard of "future potential" projects I have piling up.  What a viscous cycle!  However, it's never too late to stop collecting or start my projects!

Thank you Etsy for helping me get one item at a time out there for others to enjoy, rather than being in a room full of boxed hoarded storage!

Thank you US, Russia, Australia, Canada, Brazil, Germany, France, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Sweden and Malaysia for your visits which encourage me daily to keep going and stay focused on my HoarderRehab dreams!  Click on the highlighted shop names to visit newly listed hoard at VintageToGoEtsy, HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!

Related Stories:  Click on the titles to see and read stories of my hoard turned into meaningful beauties by Etsyians!

1.  Circular Story of Saint Christopher Medal: Allegra took this medal and made her own amulet for her last year of college in South Africa

2.  Intentions for B. Maugerite Bourgeyeos Beatification CharmSee the photos of the transformation of this charm into a beautiful bracelet gift for a daughter.

3.  Hans Vilhelm Hansen's Version of  St. Laboure's Miraculous Medal:  updated with a picture of Katherine's necklace of her ongoing necklace charm collection!

4.  Cross Box Collection:  My garnet cross transformed into a necklace by Etsyian Jen Ecklund of ViaLove

4.  Pope Pius X Medals:  My Pope medal finds it's twin for some earrings at the Etsy shop, Chic Fragments

Stories without update pics from Etysians who transformed items!

1.  My Seiko Watch:  used for parts to transform a long lost high school graduation gift from parents!

2.  Saint Patrick Trinity Clover:  for an Irish Rosary for St. Patty's Day
  
3.   Rear View Mirror Religious Medal:  The Destiny of Things, Story XXXVIII 
 
Stories with Future updates of transformations!

1.  Not My Red Cashmere Coat!  This coat is inspiring Melissa this summer to sew some winter outfits around the coat my aunts swooned and fawned over!


The story that connects this one to my hoard collection and how I also hoard ideas for future potential projects:

1.  My thrifting fiasco for camisoles that turned into a hoard buy of some future potential projects! Read, Thrifting Overload

No comments:

Post a Comment