Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Graduation Watch Replacement: The Destiny of Things, Story LV

Graduation Watch Replacement:  The Destiny of Things, Story LV

This watch is getting a lot mileage with an infinite amount ahead of it!  This is a replacement story within another replacement story!


Here is the story I received:

Note from Buyer Thanks! My husband is trying to replace a watch given to him by his parents for graduation long ago. He found the band and casing (black, not like the one on this watch) a few years ago and has been trying to find a mechanical part to put into it. This one has the same parts. So the watch will actually be used only for the insides and the band will be scrapped.

Another amazing replacement story!  Imagine that my watch has the same mechanical parts needed to complete his graduation watch!  What a story!  And this watch is definetly going to live a "destiny as infinity" life and will most likely be another heirloom item for another family!  I couldn't be happier!  Another dream come true!

I would love to be a fly on the wall and see his face when he first puts on the final product of this long ago graduation watch originally from his parents.  What a patient re-creation feat that's taken a few years and is now coming to into it's final act!


Saying Good-bye:  a slight tinge of sadness, but not for this watch, but for the one this watch replaced for me too.  I was given a petite dainty all gold watch similar to the one in the picture, but very miniature with a more delicate style, as a special gift for a special occasion from my brother and after many years lost it down a sink!

One day while I was washing my hands, it just fell off and slipped through the sink guard.  In one fateful swoop it was gone! I immediatly took a part the u pipe, but didn't find it.  Even with many many rescue attempts by others it was never found again!

My dear brother gave me the watch pictured above, as a replacement.  A sweet large gesture, but it ended up in a drawer and I never saw it or thought about it again, until now.  Thank you etsyian for bringing back the memories!

Note to self:  Write about the house I lost that watch in, since it wa so unique and probably the longest house I've lived in since my childhood house.

What I Learned:

1.  I seem to keep any old thing!  even for it's distant second grade memories!  In this case, I'm glad I did because it's going to a new life to become something even more special and I think so cherished it's going to become an heirloom item for generations to come!

2.  Do I replace memories with replacement items? besides placing my worries and dreams in them too?  Definetly need to replace some less loveabe memories with new improved experiences, instead of more things!

3.  Finally I think I see light at the end of the tunnel, instead of another train coming my way!  Lately I've been visualizing waking up and seeing an ever evolving person in the mirror that isn't listing one thing after another on any three shops, but creating art and seeing different ways of life.

4.  Wow, I have 10 replacement stories so far!  I wonder how many more unknown stories are out there from my hoard and how many more are to become known?

Thank you etsyian and husband for finding my Seiko watch replacement for a replacement for your long ago graduation watch from your parents!

Thank you etsy for another connection with  someone who supports me as a recovering hoarder!

Thank you US, UK, Germany, Netherlands, Ukraine, Columbia, and Singapore for your continuing support as I make my way through my HoarderRehab: The Destiny of Things!


Other Replacement Stories:

1.  Twin of "Something Blue" for You:  bracelet from a childhood trip

2.  Continuous Miraculous Mary Ring:   a  lost ring I've never seen before or later - replaced!

3.  Waechtersbach Red "You Are Special" Plate: heart felt replacement for an 8 year old and my first story

4. "Happy Birthday" Hostess Hellerware Pastry Stand:  for a Godmother and my second story

5.  Pig "Oink" Glass:  surprise replacement gift from Santa

6.  US Puzzle Maps:  old school puzzles for granchildren, just like grandma had!

7.  Freddie the Frog Puppet:  heartfelt childhood replacement many times over

8.  Must de Cartier Perfume:  Discontinued scent and formula replacement for a traveling couple

9.  Large Refrigerator Dish:  2nd generation holiday dish replaced by third generation daughter in law


No comments:

Post a Comment