Friday, March 29, 2013

Ecko Manual Hand Mixer: The Destiny of Things, Story LXVI

Ecko Manual Hand Mixer:  The Destiny of Things, Story LXVI

It's always a surprise to find how and where a story is going to come from!  So much for so little!


I was sick as a dog moping around the house in a kind of bump into the walls-pounding head cold-zombie stupor, when I finally made myself go check my etsy shops with promises of non stop window shopping for anything to my heart's delight!

I went from each of my shops and favorited stuff left and right for about three days straight.  I couldn't even blog.... when Leanne knocked me out of head cold stupor by thanking me for favoriting her shop, rubydog's art house!  and was yearning for the manual hand mixer in VintageToGoetsy asking if I ship out of country!

That got me going and I asked for a story and she gave one and said  that I could use her "no" story!


So ordered item #238 of my Hoarder History's new life is a member of her 50s kitchen with a better home in a cozy kitchen in Canada!  What 50s kitchen, isn't cozy?

Thank you Leanne of rubydog art house for your "no" story!  I love it!  A little goes a long way for me!

I never know what memories are inside one of my hoarded items until I let it go, at least so far----it seems to work that way for me, I don't seem to think about it while I have it, but when it's about to leave or I talk to the person about it, their story reminds me of mine!  Emailing Leanne about various subjects, let out all these memories!

It spent hours and years in my classroom.  It's probably taught every subject possible!  From recipe instructional reading to step by step writing instructions. Math: as in how long is 30 seconds or one minute because that's when your time is up and it's the next student's turn!  And if we all take a turn how many minutes did we mix?

To several chemistry lessons on a liquid to a solid with green eggs and ham! and a liquid to a solid as cream to butter.  It's even been in races!  Which is faster making ice cream with a manual beater or shaking it in a zip loc bag for 5-10 min? Mechanical science of gears and wheels, to how does this work without a battery or electricity?  History:  how did people live without electricity and batteries?

I could go on with my handy dandy hand mixer, but there's one more different memory!

After teaching and I parted ways, I kept on using it!  This was not just well loved in the classroom, but in my kitchen too!  I used it at least once weekly when I had a care free life full of gluten!  It's made me years of countless batches of Rice Crispy cookies, chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, poppy seed cupcakes with lemon butter frosting and pancakes galore, that is....until I became gluten intolerant!


Saying Good-bye: I was so happy when I found out it was going to be an addition to a 50s kitchen and reminded someone of being a kid!  Made me start calculating how many students will remember that egg mixer in the same way...

What I Learned:

1.  I never know who I might meet on etsy or where a story is going to pop up!  and talking to Leanne helped me realize that I will most likely not return to teaching, at least not in this life!  I had basically made up my mind about it, but talking to someone else was like smoothing out a tiny wrinkle on a table cloth.

2.   It's so weird that my memory doesn't really get kick start until I start writing about the item that is leaving.  So Leanne's no story turned into my big story!

3.  How has this helped me end my hoarding ways?  I've had my suspicions about being gluten intolerant for over 10 years now and the past three have been gluten free.  When I accidentally have gluten, I get several to many symptoms depending on the dose and one of them is anxious nervousness!

I know consuming gluten doesn't help end my hoarding because I now know that one of my hoarding triggers is buying when I'm too stressed.  Buying whatever catches my eye or I love at the moment or brings back a good memory just to release the stress and take it all away.

4.  What do I do now when I'm itching to buy?  I try and wait at least a week.  I am so surprised at how some stuff I thought I couldn't live without for a day aren't nearly as appealing in a week or two.  And if I still want it in a couple of weeks, I set it up as a reward for dehoarding or any other bad habit I'm trying to quit!

So here's my future rubydog art house rewards, which sent me somewhere giving me a clue into my unknown life:






This is the Artist Trading Card pack I love!  There are 15 patterns to a package already pre-cut for me to use!  See the rest of the samples here!

I already know which 15 I would use too!

She has many different sets to ooh and ahh over!













I love these zodiac envelopes and found them while I was searching for my latest obsession... Daruma stickers or fabric!

I know, I know... I've been asking myself, how will I use them and where will I store them?

After posting my top favorites, it looks like the Universe is telling me that I may enjoy making Artist Trading cards!

She gives information on where to see how to make them and where to swap them!

Yes, I  looked over almost everything in her shop!

Look what you can do with a blank slide mount here !  Yep, slide mounts are on my list now too!

and sushi grass here!








The envelopes come with these stickers or you can buy them separately.  Either way they are priced right with compatible shipping to the US!

You know me, a bargain can be my downfall as a recovering hoarder!  So watch out over there!











There's so much more on my wish list, but I'll end it here with this Asian mixed package of hell notes and Joss papers.  Which to me is a "must have", since I know I'm going to be burning some of these at my Hoarder Rehab's last good-bye!

It's traditional for some Chinese to burn these at a funeral to bypass Hell!

I could have used some of these earlier to bypass some of the pain of letting go of my hoard!

Although it looks like Artist Trading cards may be in my future now since my music art room is getting more tangible and way more doable!

Take a visit to rubydog art house, there's so much to see with ideas included.  There's a whole lot of inspiration going on over there!


She told me there's a lot more not listed and takes requests, like postage stamps from everywhere and every time, 1800's court documents, early 1900's ledger pages, old invoices and playing cards and postcards coming out of her ears and Victorian trade cards and microfiche and origami paper and tiny playing cards and all kinds of Bingo cards Letraset sheets and odds and sods and bits and pieces.

Thank you Leanne, your "no" story turned into my ever long story.  I guess I'm feeling better now!  Maybe I just had to release a few more memories, or get inspired by Artist Trading cards ephemera or smooth out the last wrinkle in a lingering decision or find some bargains or be reminded how close my dream of a music art room is becoming!

Also, thank you for the "Happy Dehoarding" wishes and that I'm your new inspiration!  I never ever thought that would happen on my journey!

Check out rubydog art house here and her wide eclectic selection of desirable vintage artifacts and paper, just as I did a few days ago!  She not only has experience as a stock broker, but has 8+ years in the mortar brick store life while running workshops with collage and altered art artists.  Such daring contrasts creates inspiration!  Her eye for color, pattern and the curiously interesting is in tune with mine!

Thank you etsy for another remarkable connection that gave me so much and I in return gave out some dehoarding inspiration!  The recovering hoarder days just keep getting more positive as the dark spots become tiny spots of the past!

Thank you US, Germany and Australia for your visits as my Hoarder Rehab adventures via VintageToGoetsy bring more stories about The Destiny of Things!


Other Kitchenware From the 50s:

1.  One never knows where a collection will take you, from dishes to museum:  Vernonware Plaid Mix and Bill Stern

2.  "Happy Birthday" Hostess Hellerware Pastry Stand: and my second story

3.  Large Refrigerator Dish:  my first emailed story from out of the blue and heart felt

4.  Square Tea Cup and Saucer: from one Sebring Ivory fan to another

5.  Grandmother's Measuring Cups: my mistake turns into joy

6.  Tea for Two :  50s snack plates to symbolize clarity

7.  Supersized Pyrex Refrigerator Food Storage Dishes:  took me years to find all these thinking I now had a complete set!

Most Read Story of the Week:  The Nautical Wallet Birthday Gift

Most Read Story of the Month:  Miswak Stick, the Organic Toothbrush Review

All Time Most Read:  My Louis Vuitton Collection:  the end of mine to the beginning of hers


No comments:

Post a Comment