Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Destiny of Things: Tea for Two Serving Set Story XVIII

The Destiny of Things:  Tea for Two Serving Set Story XVIII

originally written October 28, 2012

I love old fashioned stuff like these!  Countless friends have been happily surprised when served tea and cookies with them!  Refreshments of whatever you have on hand for your "drop bys" always look better!

I had a set of six, but one of my friends like them so much she has the set of four.  They went on VintageToGoetsy with the rest of my glass hoard and someone bought them!

Saying Good-bye: Letting go of these was easier.  I think I'm finally coming to terms with items I don't use anymore and have been packed away for years!  Plus I found my Grandmother's China sets, yes, "sets", she had two different kinds!  Another clue to my investigation of myself, "if hoarding runs in my family, is it in my genes?".  That's another story!

In the past,  I have served my friends on her China with the same results as the snack trays, so I can let these go now.  Her China has since been refound and when there is more room they will be used in her remembrance and make new memories!

I was sent this email:


October 27 2012 9:10pm EDT
Invoice: www.etsy.com/your/orders/66472465 
Hi
I'm collecting these lovely vintage glass lunch sets for my new home in LA.
The theme is clarity!
Cheers, Jackie

and I wrote back:


October 28 2012 11:33am EDT
Hi Jackie!
I am so excited to hear from you! Not many write me back about their stories and it helps my Hoarder Rehab therapy a lot! It's the best way I've found so far, along with getting it out on etsy!

Thank you for your story, it will go on my blog, I can leave out your name or leave your name, or use 8jackie8 with a link to your fav., up to you when I publish it on The Hoarder Rehab Blog: The Destiny of Things

hoarderrehab.blogspot.com/

I love your theme clarity and welcome to LA! I think we live close to each other! Anyways, I love your theme clarity and might adopt it to mine. As a hoarder, it's just clutter on top of clutter, but my goal for my home is Minimalist Organic. How does Minimalist Organic with Conscious Clarity sound? lol

Thanks again, your email cheered me on and is a great way to start my Sunday! I'll go work on my blog now!

Warm Regards,
~Kennedy

What I learned:

1.  I need more clarity!  Does a clear space bring a clear mind?  Will the visual noise slowly cease with more open space and a quiet mind?

Only time will tell!

Parting Questions:  Has anyone out there experienced going from too much clutter to more open space and with it came more clarity?  And once the house and mind are uncluttered, how does one keep it that way?

Thank you for joining me today!  If you would like to see more vintage tableware that may give your guests a good surprise and table conversation, click on VintageToGoetsy, Japanese trays at  HoarderRehab or table crumber at The Destiny of Things.

No comments:

Post a Comment