Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Destiny of Things: Coincidental Wedding Anniversary Stories X and XI

The Destiny of Things:  Coincidental Sacred Heart Wedding Anniversary Stories X and XI

Coincidental Sacred Heart Wedding Anniversary Stories X

I wrote this sometime last October.  I don't know why I didn't publish it, besides the fact that I don't know how the different colors and big fonts got on it and I've spent too much time trying to change them. Still techless here and a slow learner, so I've just left them.  Also, I was waiting to see if they'd send a pic of them standing in front of their sacred heart wedding cake and then later I just forgot about it.

I'm selling my hoard collection of Mexican Folk Art that turned into my Religious Folk Art Collection at both etsy shops, VintageToGoetsy and HoarderRehab.  I thought it was perfect timing to sell with "Day of the Dead" around the corner and with it came two more stories!  One of them in a nice surprise email and another blurted out one.

Here is the my first sacred heart nicho that sold, October 3, 2012:
Here is the story behind the purchase from the email I received October 11, 2012, but didn't check off-site email until October 25, 2012 because not many email their stories outside of the etsy email:

Thanks so much for the beautiful tin sacred heart. We love it! You had asked if there was a story behind why I purchased it and I wanted to let you know what drew me to this piece. I bought it for my husband for our 8th anniversary. We were married at the Visionary Art Museum in Baltimore, Maryland on October 9, 2004.

My husband is Catholic but I am not. Since we were having a ceremony outside the Catholic church I wanted to do something to acknowledge his faith but still be kind of irreverent. So I chose the Mexican Day of the Dead as a theme for our wedding.

My friends and I hand made paper flowers for the tables and our wedding favors were tin ornaments with milagros attached to them. Our wedding cake had three tiers and each had flames on them. On the top was a sacred heart surrounded by barbed wire. The sacred hearts symbolize our burning love for each other. So I bought your tin heart as a reminder of that wonderful day. Hope that story helps you as part of your therapy!

 Update: December 9, 2012: Thank you for sending me the pic of you two cutting your wedding cake!

Here's what I emailed back on October 25, 2012:

What a story!  I love it!  It's an amazing story with heartfelt symbolism for me, romance, uniqueness and humor!    Thank you so much for taking the time to share it with me!- it's helping my therapy a lot a lot!  Especially got a good chuckle out of the irreverence of your side of it!

Knowing where that piece went and it's meaning for someone else and it's joy outside of myself supports my HoarderRehab immensely.  And using etsy as a tool to help me let go of my hoard is an adventure into the unknown.   My hoard became a dark stagnant place for me and filled up my mind with mostly indecisive confusion.  I can see some light now and new dreams and possibilities are emerging.  I think a lot of this has to do with the stories you and others have chosen to share with me.  I'm not sure how, but believe me, this is about the fifth time I've purged my hoard and it just ends up returning, so I hope to end this pattern for a new one to begin.  And it feels like it's going to happen this time!

Do you have a pic of you two in front of your wedding cake that I can put with the sacred heart tin story for my blog?  I love the burning love surrounded by barbed wire!  Love only meant for you two!  Others keep out and it keeps you two in without injury!

What's even more a coincidence is that the larger sacred heart tin nicho was purchased as a gift for someone's daughter and son-in-law for their copper wedding anniversary (year 7).  How amazing is it that both those nichos went to wedding aniversaries?  I am so full of awe and joy about it that I' going to start drafting it for my blog now!

Thank you for the inspriation, encouragement and motivation for my HoarderRehab!

Coincidental Sacred Heart Anniversary Story V

This is the blurted out story from October 13, 2012:

Note from Buyer:
Good Morning.
This is a gift for my daughter and son-in-law for their copper wedding anniversary (year 7). Perfect!


Saying Good-bye:  These pieces were part of my alter shrine of my Mexican and Religious Folk Art that I used to have 4 or 5 houses ago.  It had a large recessed area about the size of a mini coat closet and I would change the vignette weekly.  I have pics of them some where!

These were easy to let go, even easier with the "stories behind the purchase".  Also, these pieces seem to have a place in good homes where they will be for a very long time and not budge!  Knowing their permanence is practically guaranteed is very relieving and satisfying.

What I learned:

1.  Check my off-site email more often because "maybe, just maybe" someone was kind enough to email me their story outside of etsy!
 
2.  Keep better track of my drafts on this blog because they are ever piling up and getting lost as another form of hoard!  Yikes!  How to solve this problem?  If I publish one post a day, I'll be caught up and ready for the new year.  I don't think that's possible, but it's worth a try!

3.  If I publish one a day, which takes me so long because every time I "preview" the post gets longer and longer, instead of more concise, will I still be able to build up the new shop, The Destiny of Things?  Those listings get longer and longer too, since I find info. on the different Saints so fascinating.

Both are equally important to my HoarderRehab, so I'll try and do both.

New HoarderRehab etsy goal:  Sunday, 2~December~2012:  I have at least 25- 31stories, ideas and stuff, so if I write, edit and publish one draft a day, I'll be caught up on my hoard of postings for the new year.  If I list 4 items a day on the new shop, Destiny of Things, in eight days I'll have two more pages of listings.  I only want 4 pages per shop anyway, but that's another story!

3.  Is this hoarder inspiration or desperation?  When I started to get riled about my hoard pile of drafts for this blog, mr. oz's comment was "at least it's on google servers than in our rooms!"  So I suppose "only time will tell" whether this post's learning experience is inspiration or turns into desperation!


Parting Questions and Thoughts:  Were these two stories serendipitous or coincidence?

Coincidental or Serendipity?  And what is the difference?

Here is what I found without adding too much more time to write this blog piece:

serendipitous means to come upon or found by accident; fortuitous: serendipitous scientific discoveries.

Coincidence means a striking occurrence of two or more events at one time apparently by mere chance or a chance occurrence of events remarkable either for being simultaneous or for apparently being connected: Our meeting in Venice was pure coincidence.

So basically, serendipitous seems to rely on something being an accident or fated, whereas coincidence has to do with something happening simultaneously and looks as though they are connected, but they are not.

I'm still confused about it, but must move on....

 

I think it was both- a serendipitous coincidence, but more of a coincidence.  What do you think?

 

Thank you etsy  for my HoarderRehab outlet!  Thanks to all for all your stories- saying good bye and letting go of these items are becoming more and more easier!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment