Monday, December 24, 2012

Intentions for B. Maugerite Medal: The Destiny of Things, Story XXVI


Intentions for B. Maugerite Bourgeyeos Beatification Charm:  The Destiny of Things, Story XXVI

The literal and figurative stories behind these religious medals have become very interesting!

B. Maugerite Bourgeyeos was a very very interesting woman, now Saint and very ahead of her time for 1653!  Read a short version of what interests me about her here and a more interesting long version, if you are not religious-religious, like me here.  Besides being the first female Canadian Saint, she was the first to uncloister education in the Catholic church.  (side note:  first American Saint here)

Ever wondered what "uncloistered" means?  Back in her day over 300 years, it seems the Catholic church's educational system was cloistered, meaning it only educated Catholics.  She didn't discriminate and taught all, regardless of religious belief.

Here is the figurative story I got from Lisa Moreno's email!  Thank you Lisa, esp. for the photos!

December 3 2012 12:44pm EDT
Invoice: www.etsy.com/your/orders/70631080

Dear Kennedy,

Thank you for asking what my intensions are with the B. Marguerite Bourgeoys medallion. I am planning on putting it on an antique bracelet and giving it to my daughter for Christmas who is out of state in college. She is very involved with her sorority, that philanthropy's the "make a wish foundation" and she also serves at a youth ministry when she can.

My daughter enjoys helping kids in anyway, so I thought this medallion would be perfect for my daughter.

Thank you, and blessings to you.
Happy Holidays!
 


December 3, 2012 12:59pm EDT



Dear Lisa!

Thank you so much for your story. It's a perfect story with perfect intentions! I am so happy with the good news! And you included pics!!! You are a doll!!!!

Wow, I just took a closer look at the bracelet you made and it's even more beautiful close up! I love the added heart detail, the faceted metal beads opposite the freshwater pearls! And the locking mechanism is to die for!

Today must be my lucky day because you are the second person to send me their story! I will put it on my blog tomorrow or the next! I'm so excited and motivated now!

Thanks again for taking part in my HoarderRehab, I wish you knew how much this helps end my hoarding ways!
~Kennedy

PS. Your daughter is so fortunate to have such a thoughtful mother to make something so meaningful! And your daughter sounds amazing too! Will you be opening your own etsy jewelry shop now?




December 3, 2012 1:15pm EDT 

Your words are so kind, and as for my own jewelry shop on etsy, probably not.  I actually bought that bracelet 20 years ago and have kept it in my jewelry box since. Im not one to change my jewelry out very often so the thought came to me of putting together something for my daughter after looking at etsy's religious charms.

I truly believe its much more meaningful when love and thought are put into making something. I can't wait to give it to her!

Regards
Lisa

 I love getting pics of my/your/our items at their new home!  It's so reliving relieving!

Saying Good-bye:   I have many of B. Maugerite Bourgeyeos Beatification charm medallions and am thinking of adding them to some of my old jewelry, like Lisa did.  It does make them more meaningful and I can see if it's as calming and destressing as mending.

Note to self:  Try it on these, if they don't sell:  saint bracelets and bead woven bracelets.

What I learned:

1.  If I have many of one item, I don't have a problem with attachment! that's full chuckle hilarious ironic! but in reality it's a huge part of my hoarding habits I need to deal with.

2.  Upcycling seems to be a craft I need to try and see if it helps lower my stress and anxiety levels.

Another -I wish I were a fly on the wall- on Christmas day to see everyone's face as she opens her bracelet!

Thank you etsy for another joyful connection of letting something go to a new home.  Thank you Lisa for another Christmas HoarderRehab story and especially for emailing "after" pics!  Thank you for helping me by reading The Destiny of Things and keeping me motivated to post all my backdrafts!


No comments:

Post a Comment