Saturday, December 29, 2012

Continuous Virgin Mary Band Ring: The Destiny of Things, Story XXX

Continuous Virgin Mary Band Ring: The Destiny of Things, Story XXX

I'm back to posting stories of my destiny of things!  I haven't recovered fully from blog drama land, but enough to move on.  I feel as though I got hit with a bus and it crushed my heart, but I realize too that more than one thing is going on in my life and I too maybe more sensitive than I realize.

I recovered much faster than I thought, thanks to mr. oz, Roger Casanova, who's timely comment reinforced  mr. oz's cheering up, Renee from "she who lives in trees", who has supported me almost daily when this blog was just a tiny idea and I didn't know how to post pics yet, Karen Anne Glilck, who's banner words, "listen, allow, trust, honor and let go" keep me going.

The best remedy was thinking of those who support me, instead of the one trying to knock me out!  Roger's comment was amaZingly timely and pushed me back up and in different words reinforced what mr. oz tells me everyday, "just hit the 'publish' button already!"

The second continuous Virgin Mary band ring came with an emailed story! 
I found this ring in my religious artifacts and didn't know it was sterling until listing it.  I listed it as "rare" because I couldn't fine another one anywhere to compare it too, but later I found an exactly second one in my hoard!

This was another item that sat around forever on Hoarder Rehab, but after the first one sold the second one sold more quickly and there's someone else waiting for me to find another one, but I really don't think I have a third one, but I didn't think I had a second one, so it's another "hoard" mystery!


December 21, 2012

Hi Kennedy,

I am the buyer of the Virgin Mary continuous band ring. I do love it and I will tell you why. I am 63 years old. Many years ago my husband cleaned out an apartment of an elderly woman who had passed away and had no family. My husband took home a couple of small boxes of costume jewelry. There wasn’t too much that interested me and I tucked it way back in a drawer.

About 5 years ago while cleaning out drawers I came across the little boxes. I did not remember what was in them so I decided to look through them. Again, there was nothing interesting in the first box, but it did remind me about where they had come from. In the second box I found the silver Virgin Mary band ring. I was amazed and delighted! I am sure I hadn’t seen that ring years ago. If I had, I certainly would have been as excited then as I was when finding it. Very mysterious!!!

I started wearing the ring that day. Every time I looked at the ring I said a heart-felt “Hail Mary”. It was a difficult time in my life and I was pleased to have my faith to fall back on.

Then I lost my Virgin Mary band ring. I wore that ring every day, hardly ever taking it off, but it was gone!! I was almost certain that I would never find one like it.

I missed it terribly and wanted to try to replace it. I was amazed, surprise and delighted when I saw an identical ring on your site. Then I saw that it had recently been sold. I was soooooo disappointed!!  I was unable to find one like it anywhere else, so one day, (without much hope), I checked back on your site. Alleluia, you had another one for sale, however, another road-block. The ring was $0 and I had nowhere near that amount to spend on myself, but I knew I had to try to get the money together before it got sold. It took me some time to be able to buy the ring. I was so pleased to have this ring back on my finger even though I need to have it made smaller. I am still wearing with lots duck tape wrapped around it. Only one more road-block …I am now saving money to have the ring correctly sized.

Hoping you enjoyed the story,
MAS

PS: I loved your beautiful stationary and good luck with hoarder-rehab.


Saying Good-bye:  A story like that doesn't get much better!  I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one who stashes little boxes in drawers to find years later, like a little surprise.  And how coincidental was it that she found the same exact ring at the shop, but it was sold and then I listed the second one.  Now that I know her story, it feels like I found it just for her!

Someone had offered to buy it at a lower price too, but since the first one sold, I didn't budge on price, however I am known to budge for a good story!  I know, not very business like am I?  I'm pleased to say I'm glad I didn't budge, since the ring seems to have gone to the perfect person!

Both of these rings were easier to let go, it's the aluminum religious medals, like this heart-shaped Lourdes religious medals, the B. Marguerite medals, flower shaped medals with Mother Frances of Xavier Cabrini, my enameled medals and my plastic religious medals that have a hold on me!

I think it's because I have many of them and won't be able to collect that many of the same ones ever again!  Well, without it costing an arm and leg.  I don't know if I should deactivate their listing or let them go.  I probably should deactivate them and then decide!  Better to deactivate them now, than cry over them with hoarder seller remorse later!

What I learned:

1.  I am flip flopping indecisively all over the place under my -once a year- holiday angst - compounded by other stresses.  So I deactivated four hoarded items at the shops!  My mental health overrides my stress at this moment and it's better than stuffing my face or buying more stuff!  Speaking of which, I haven't bought anything, but I've made my list and am itching to start buying, yet also apprehensive due to the guilt it might cause!  Will most certainly cause!

2.  I've limited my buying spree to $100 with $10 a pop including shipping!  10 pops should relieve a lot of stress!

Tomorrow I plan to buy an organic kumquat tree and grapefruit tree from the Farmer's Market.  I just need three kumquats with a tad bit of honey for a sleeping tea and grapefruits are used in a liver flush drink. 

3.  I really need to start including new destressers like crafting and exercise, but right now they just seem so far away and up close too daunting and time consuming!  Falling back on old habits is so much easier, quick and well, quite frankly, WONDERFUL!

Parting questions:  Does anyone know a quick answer to the difference between, Mother Mary, Holy Mary, Blessed Virgin Mary and Virgin Mary?  I only know from wiki, the Miraculous Medal, also known as the Medal of the Immaculate Conception, is a medal, the design of which was originated by Saint Catherine Labouré following her reported vision of the Blessed Virgin Mary[1][2] and made by goldsmith Adrien Vachette.

Thank you for joining me today, in another adventure of a recovering hoarder's "as the world turns"!

No comments:

Post a Comment