Sunday, December 30, 2012

For the Love of Square: The Destiny of Things, Story XXXII, Omega to Alpha, Part 1

For the Love of Square:  The Destiny of Things, Story XXXII of Omega to Alpha, Part 1

Here is the story of one of my collections dispersing and ending into someone else's beginnings.  This is the first story of a three part series, I call "My Omega to Your Alpha."  I thought it a good way for me to end 2012 and start 2013 with a circular open ended theme.

tarotfairy
Nov 19, 2012 

Good Evening Kennedy

The cup and saucer arrived a few moments ago; I am so thrilled with them!!! I read about the background story of the Sebring factory and it just really tugged at my heartstrings, that old fashioned American Dream story :) and my imagination just soared picturing housewives in Ohio and beyond in the 30's with their lovely homes, frilly dresses and new (!) dishes....

I also picture a more modern lady somewhere in America who sipped her tea outside during that quiet moment alone when she can just breath a bit and savor her cuppa.

Now the set lands in NY, and will be filled with delicious hot coffee, also by a slightly more modern lady (on the outside) who also believes in that private moment when all the computers and phones are shut off and there is only the quiet music of the heart.  Well, that was nice!

And can you imagine that I found on Etsy a seller who was selling 2 matching salad plates to this teacup and saucer? They arent crazed and seem never to have been used, in stark contrast with this more road weary tea set but it will just add to the charm!  Loving this :)

Blessing to you and your family and bless all your new plans projects and endeavors.
Have a great Thanksgiving too!
Hugs
Nathalie, Life is a butterfly



Nov 19, 2012
Hi Nathalie!

I am so relieved and happy for us! Wow, thank you for the detailed and amazing email. I will use it straight into my blog! Thank you! Your tea cup and saucer by Sebring Ivory has the perfect new home and thank you for the story. It's so much easier for me to let go and not try and replace it, when I know it's gone to such a home with appreciation towards Sebring and it's American history!

I love the description in your story for me. Thank you for taking the time to write it and thanking me! You are a doll! I will imagine you drinking your coffee with the tulip cup and saucer at the most peaceful time listening to the quiet moments of the heart!

ANd you found more to the set!!!!! I love it! Thank you for sharing the news and if you could spare some pics of it with it's new salad dishes in it's new home, I'd love to include them on my Hoarder Rehab Blog, The Destiny of Things! That is the ultimate continuation of , "destiny as infinity"!

If you ever have the time, sip some coffee with the cup over the movie, "The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio." You'll love the era. I think it takes place in the 50s with Julian Moore playing a writer of commercial jingles to support herself and her ten children. It's a very uplifting inspiring movie.

Thank you for being the best client ever!
~Kennedy @
VintageToGoetsy
HoarderRehab
The Destiny of Things
hoarderrehab.blogspot.com

Side note:  This was my first package to get lost or stuck and although it had tracking it wouldn't show up for days and then just pop up at it's next destination.  It took 16 days to get from Cali to NY!
  
Saying Good-bye:  This is another example where someone read the description I wrote and decided to become part of it by joining me in what I've started to call "destiny as infinity!"  Read the complete description here, here's the important part:

"I loved using this when I had a moment to myself and could sit quietly on the backyard porch overlooking Los Angeles on a clear day. Hope you find moments with this cup just as I did."

Some people, like Nathalie make it so easy to let go.  She is another person who shared emails with me.  She liked the fact that this was my "get away" cup and it would be hers.  This is her fourth "get away" cup for her early morning cuppa. We talked about this and that and Sebring, Ohio's Pottery Companies.  We still keep in touch here and there and it's always delightful to hear back from her!

Hoarder History:  This was a gift during my collect all things "square" stage, before my Mexican Folk Art phase.  I had 8 square glasbake cups and once saw 12 with the saucers and kicked myself for not buying them because I thought I'd see them again, but now I'm glad I didn't get them.  I bought a lot of blue Azurite Charm cups, saucers and plates, snack plates and even the geometric Akro agate toy plates.  I bought a lot square and geometic textile patterned clothes and jewelry back then too!

I used to have a teapot collection to go along with my tea cup and saucer collection.  I'd guess 20 teapots, so it's probably more.  My aunt has had it for over 20 years now from one of my purges.  I think she might have my salt and pepper shaker collection also, which if I remember correctly, is larger than my teapot collection! 

I used to have several to many different sets of square tea cups, but the Sebring Ivory Tulip was one of my three favorites.  I used it quite often because my all time favorite I saw in a museum, which if I had to guess was the Autry over ten years ago when I visited for a teacher continuing education class and stopped using it.  I found it in my hoard, but I'm not close to parting with it.

I just went to go look for it and it wasn't where I thought it was... hmmm.....uh oh.


What I Learned:

1.  My stress is becoming worse as the first of January comes closer and closer.  Family holiday angst...I do know it will dissipate around 8-9 pm on the first day of the New Year just like it always does.

I've just bought one thing so far, well, three if I count the kumquat trees, but they've been on hold since the summer when we ordered a kumquat, grapefruit tree and two blackberry bushes.  Sadly, they got quarantined, but are now free from it and the berries didn't make it.  The trees are small, one is two feet and the other looks more like a small bush, but both have enough kumquats to last me 1-2 weeks and they are from an organic nursery!

I feel some stress released through buying things I've been eyeing for a couple of months, so I probably should have bought them back then and maybe my stress wouldn't have piled up? 

It wasn't until my stress came to a head, like an unmanageable and painful pimple that turns into a gigantic boil that I even noticed it and even now I have a stomach ache and feel very unnerved from listening to the songs of my early childhood from the last post, New Home for Turquoise and I don't know why other than ---is something blocking me, besides myself from remembering something from back then?

2.  Another layer of the onion has been pulled back, but it's memory less with knotted up stomach and butterflies flickering in a frenzy inside feeling.  Those songs really took me for a loop!  I feel like I'm not going to return, but keep going on in an endless loop spiraling into a dizziness of dazed whackiness!  yikes!

3.  I'm wondering if what I buy in this uncontrollable time of stress is another clue to some hidden memory trying to come forward and show itself!

How are you feeling during this New Year's holiday weekend?

Thank you Natalie for sharing your email story!  Nathalie just opened her etsy shop, Life is a Butterfly! See her artwork!  Today, as I wrote this I noticed she just opened it, on December 21, 2012 and already had a sale!  Congrats Nathalie! She just told me she opened it on a whim.  Yeah!  another newbie like me!  Etsy newbie, not hoarder newbie.

Thank you for being here and supporting me with your good vibes, especially visitors from the USA, Saudi Arabia, Ecuador, Trinidad & Tobago, Pakistan, Israel, South Korea and Germany.  Special thanks from someone from Germany and South Korea, who seems to support me in spirit almost daily for as long as I can remember!  Thank you you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment