Friday, December 28, 2012

HoarderRehab Review #1: HR Stress, Gluten Free AND Organic Frozen Pizza!

HoarderRehab Review #1:  HoarderRehab Stress, Gluten Free AND 75% Organic Frozen Pizza from Amy's Kitchen!

Yeah!!!  Finally!!! Something store bought and Junk Food that's Gluten Free and Almost all Organic!

I'm under a lot of stress and all I want to do is EAT!  Eating is an instant stress reducer and most of the time it works!  and not healthy eating mind you, but fast food, junky, instant goodness- kind- of -bygone stress eating!

 Notice it says organic rice flour and tomatoes, not cheese!

Yesterday, I had some blog drama that took half a day to resolve, like anyone reads my blog, anyway it did more damage than rain on my parade, blow out my spirit,  ( it was like continuous, but sporadic getting the wind knocked out of me trying to understand and make both parties happy) and the whole ordeal put a whole lot of doubt into if what I'm doing here is worthwhile, so I  decided to take a break from my "destiny of things" and finish some backdraft reviews that I used to wonder how it related to my hoard, but now I think I have a clue.

Also, I let go of five packages this morning and four more are on their way out!  So the stress of things leaving too quickly and then add on my holiday angst that won't be over until the January 2, 2013.  Plus I need some decent sleep from my insomnia.  My list goes on, but I'll spare myself without it.

This is actually Review #3 or 4, but I'm so excited and ecstatic about this FIND and I have pushed it to the top of the list.  Most people probably could careless about gluten free organic foods, but as I've written I am allergic to many things, not just most foods, but to metals, like jewelry and it's the main reason I'm selling mine.

I waited three years to become unallergic to my jewelry and since I gave up jewelry for lent over 10 years ago anyway-I've been trying to be rational with myself and "sell" what I haven't already given away!

My list of allergies may be as long as my list of collections!  Okay, I so exaggerated, it's about one-third as long as my list of collections and most of them are NOT going away!

So instead of making a list of what I'm allergic to food-wise.  I'll tell you what I can eat.  Organic and Gluten-free foods.  I also, eat Soy Free, but that seems to be easier to do, except for soy lechiten seems to be in a lot of stuff.  I've been looking for foods with this combo for over 3 years now with long periods of "giving up" disappointment!


The USUAL Healthy Pizza!

Rawvolutions pizzas are all organic and raw, but at least 45 min. drive without traffic or 1- 2 hours in traffic, one way!  Plus they might be closed by the time we get there!  Even though, we love to eat here, one time we barely made it and got there 20 min before closing!  Plus it's not quite "destressing" food!
 Sorry about the photo RawvolutionsPizza Italiano

Rawvolutions all organic and raw (uncooked)  Italiano Pizza ingreds:  collard green, onion, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, coconut aminos, olive oil, tomato, lemon juice sea salt, garlic, mushrooms, bell pepper, oregano, basil, olives

When I was bed-ridden sick, at one point I could only have filtered water and after a month or so could move on to raw organic foods.  Anyways, that was another long journey, but I learned tons about food, nutrition, diet and organics.

I don't know how many other people "out there" share my eating habits, which I think may be directly or indirectly connected to my hoarding, but that's another story! but if you can relate to my "eating habits" then you know how CHALLENGING it is to find Gluten Free Organic "anything" types of foods!

I can find Gluten Free bread or Organic bread, but not GF organic bread!  Thank Heavens!!!  I have found a Gluten Free mostly Organic pizza!  I have found 100%  GF and Organic cookies and crackers, that are even made in a GF facility, but I don't really eat sweets when stressed.

4jan2103:  I discovered that they make pretzels!  That's one of my old stress foods, instead of potato chips!

My food stress releasers are several to many and none are them are healthy.  Fried foods, especially french fries, potato chips and fried chicken top the list!  If they sold thick slabs of prime rib as fast food then I 'd include it too!

I know how my comfort foods of fried chicken and prime rib evolved into my stress releasers from childhood, but I guess this is getting long enough and is another story too!

Anyways, back to my review, thank heavens for "Amy's Kitchen"!  I haven't eaten dairy in 3-4 years, so I gave it a try  ( I can eat grass fed butter, but that's it for dairy and me)

I haven't had "real" pizza in three years either, if Amy's qualifies as "real" pizza to you! (except for the "real" Pizza Hut I had a week before this, which took away my stress and oddly enough I got some sleep, but it compounded some of my other health issues)

Pizza Hut's Italian Meat Trio Overstuffed Pizza- I went "all out" for my stress!
photo from Brand Eating, Review: Pizza Hut- Italian Meat Trio Overstuffed Pizza.  It seems Pizza Hut no longer sells this pizza, techless me couldn't find a pic on the Pizza Hut site anymore

I'm not even the pizza eater in the family, mr. oz is- and we would drive all the way to Rawvolutions.  Most of the time, it's worth it, although it doesn't taste like "real" pizza to me!  They also have a Big Matt with Cheese, raw zuchinni pasta and tacos!  Everything I've tried there is good  and we've tried almost everything!

When I was overcoming my bed ridden illness, we ate a lot of Rawvolutions, the Box would last a week for both of us and it took some pressure off mr. oz having to do everything and I mean, almost everything!  If you've ever been bed ridden or taken care of someone in that condition, you know what I mean!  Thank you Rawvolutions for being one of my life savers!

Amy's Rice Crust Pizza is delicious compared to Pizza Hut and an emergency one can be stashed in the freezer.  All three were good, but I'm trying to go down the memory lane of foods to release stress without getting more sick!

Mr. oz likes hawaiin style pizza, so to Amy's we added organic pineapple, organic grass fed cheese and organic turkey bacon with only naturally occurring nitrates, nitrites, etc.

It was deliciously delish!  I was in stress relief heaven! and even better- we didn't have to make it from scratch!!!  but the cheese gave us both sinus reactions which was better than my Pizza Hut reactions.  (Pizza Hut was a good reminder of why I can't eat most fast foods, conventional non organic and gluten!)

Oh the day, when gluten free organic can be just a call away and delivered within a half hour!

I don't know if it was the organic cheese or Amy's cheese or too much cheese on cheese that caused the sinus reactions, but we also found a different gluten free organic crust, so we'll have to make our own and find out.  So stay tuned for another review!

What I Learned:

1.  I have a lot to say about food and it's instantness to relieveing my stress!  I usually have uncontrollable stress and sometimes with the blues once a year during the winter holidays.  No blues this year, just the stress, high anxiety, restless nervousness with borderline panic.

2.  Until I find some better stress releasers, is it better to eat or buy stuff?  I just have to make it to Jan. 2, 2013 and then life will return to a more normal state!  Holiday stress begins around Thanksgiving and ends after Jan. 1

Note to self:  Make crafting and exercise a new habit.

3.  Try finding any type of fast food or junk food that's GF and Organic.  Or any "instant, already cooked, to go, instant meal or snack"  It's sometimes feels like a hopeless chore and can add more stress shopping for stress foods, especially while stressed!    Foods are  either GF or organic, but not both! add SF into the mix and complicate the hunt even more!

GF and organic food will one day meet up and be more abundant.  Remember dieting in the early 80s?  I remember looking for and finding "low fat with low sugar" foods almost impossible!  Either it was high fat and low in sugar or low in sugar and high in fat!  Now, it's abundant, so I have hope for GF and Organic.  Anyone else "out there" know what I mean?

Has anyone "out there" found satisfying instant, fast food, junk food, frozen food, just add hot water food that's GF and organic and possibly SF too?  Let me know, I'm be soooo grateful!

Reminder to self:  Gluten may cause me more stress by flattening  my small intestine villi and compromising my nutrient absorbancy and makes my skin peel, which I then touch to no end to release nervous energy.

4.  I guess it's healthier to buy stuff than stuff my face!  Be prepared to see what this recovering hoarder buys under "holiday angst, blog drama and items leaving too fast" until the dust settles and heart felt bruise marks fade away!  Thank heavens, the new year is almost here!

5.  Since I won't be stuffing my face, I'll start incorporating a HoarderRehab diet to see if it remedies my Hoarding Habits and helps control my stress levels!  It's on my New Year's Resolution as a Recovering Hoarder in 2013, but I hadn't made the connection between diet, stress and hoarding until today!

Wish me luck and send some good thoughts my way!

Thank you Roger of CasanovaDesignUSA for leaving me a comment in the nick of time that lifted my spirits and good intentions from a dark level back to light.  What perfect timing!

Thank you for being here and joining me in my aMAZEing HoarderRehab journey of being lost and then finding my way again!

No comments:

Post a Comment