Friday, December 21, 2012

Mortician Religious Medals: The Destiny of Things, Story XXIII

Mortician Religious Medals: The Destiny of Things, Story XXIII

My first sale from the third etsy shop, "The Destiny of Things" came with an office Christmas story!  Lourdes Religious Medals vs lotion for office gifts!  I would choose religious charms!



Rhea M. von Brandenburg
November 28 2012 4:47pm EDT 

Hey there! Thank you for reserving the order. I'm glad to be the first customer.

There isn't too much of a story to tell. I work with 2 Catholics and I however am atheist. Haha, I also happen to be a funeral director/mortician. Respect for everyone's religious choice goes with my job. I figured the ladies in the office would enjoy these medals inside their xmas cards this year! I usually get them lotion or something, but this seemed to have more meaning.

I wanted to suggest something that may help sales for you. I've been selling stuff on etsy as a hobby since Feb. and majority of my customers pay with paypal. It's just a suggestion, but it may help. It's just faster and you don't have to whip out a credit card to purchase. Good luck to you and I wish you many more sales to come. Happy Holiday's.

Rhea M. von Brandenburg



 
November 28 2012 5:07pm EDT

Hi Rhea!

Thank you so much again! And for not much of a story, that's a story! Atheist funeral director mortician ordering religious medals vs lotion? Sounds like a good interesting story to me! Thanks! I love the little stories like yours! I can't wait to include it on my blog!

Thank you for bringing the paypal thing to our attention! That's the best suggestion ever in the history of etsy!!! I didn't know it was disabled. No wonder! I think you are right, it would help my sales tremendously! Thank you for the good laugh too!

No wonder our first sale took so long! I'll be laughing all the way to the bank so to speak!

Thank you for taking part in my HoarderRehab! and for upping my sales instantly!

Happy Holidays! Best regards,
~Kennedy

  
Saying Good-bye:  Not so bad at all, but I have several of these, so I'll have to wait and see what happens when I sell the last ones!  I bought these as a lot with many other aluminum religious medals for my religious art in repetition series, but didn't use them.  Out of all the religious medals, my favorites are the plastic and aluminum ones!

I hope they are making some office ladies very happy.  I know I would be!

What I Learned:

1.  Many people don't think they have a story, yet they do!  Stories of irony, kindness and chuckles!

2.  Many with irony, kindness and chuckles!  How funny was it that I open a third etsy shop and leave paypal disabled!  I'll chalk it up to being a techless hoarder newbie and it seems I might be a techless newbie  for awhile.  When we opened the latest shop on etsy, "The Destiny of Things" it came with a new format and caused some disorientation.  It's like when yahoo mail changes their yahoo mail format, I get lost all over again!  Depending on how the format changes, it can feel like starting all over again.

And it seems like the joke is on me! because by the time I get used to the new format, it becomes the old format and I'm jumping different hurdles to get the same old results!  I usually can't take adavantage of the new features because I either can't find them, can't navigate my way around to use them or figure out the new vocabulary or something! 

I guess the good news to that is I won't be getting Alzheimers any time soon because I must be creating new brain cells trying to keep up with all the tech changes happening so quickly!

3.  The Christmas holidays crept up on me and I can't believe it!  I saved five Christmas stories for the week before Christmas and got another one the other day, but the week already past!  I'll have to double up on stories at some point soon!

Thank you Rhea M. von Brandenburg for your story and paypal suggestion!  See her etsy shop of yesterday's resurrection at  mirandar63!

Thank you for being here with me!  What's your best ever office gift given or got?

No comments:

Post a Comment