Saturday, December 22, 2012

Jennifer Oink Glass: Destiny of Things, Story XXIV

Jennifer Oink Glass:  Destiny of Things, Story XXIV

This is a Christmas story that happened on November 5, 2012

Note from Buyer

Thank you so much! I was so excited to find the oink glass!

I like that--HoarderRehab! It's actually to replace a glass that my step daughter broke earlier this week (the exact same design). My husband had it for decades. I spent too much time googling "pig glass oink" and various permutations of that theme, and then I actually decided to look on Etsy in hopes to find a different pig themed glass that I could use as a sorta replacement Christmas gift. I was really excited to see exactly what I was looking for!

That works! It is exciting to find the perfect replacement. It's going in my husband's stocking. Santa is good like that.

Saying Good-bye:
Thank heavens, Jennifer found this oink glass!  I think they are so cute!  and there is a whole set to collect!  I've passed up the "moo" and the "ba-aa" cups I've seen thrifting.  I think the "moo" one is oddly connected to my stray cats because one of them was black and white and named, "moomoo"!

It was an exact replacement, no story could have much of a better ending!  Bye, bye oink glass!  Hello to more room in the craft music studio!

My only regret is not being there to see Jennifer's face of anticipated excitement, his face as he opens the oink glass and the step-daughters face of surprise as a decade old broken oink glass comes back to life!  Five people will be made happier by one such item!  Is that a "happiness" record for a HoarderRehab History item?

What I learned:

1.  I have some strangely odd connections to some of my collections.  I buy stuff that I think is -just- cute and then remotely make connections to them through my pet cats?  Note to self:  Write about my stray cats-Chones, moomoo, meow-meow, minks and toonces.  Also, spidey, my dog.

2.  I get a lot of replacement stories.  I think this is the fifth one that I know about.  Others are the Red Plate Special, Happy Birthday Mechanical Hellerware, Freddy the Frog and Depression Glass Refrig Dish, which I will also try and publish today.

3.  Sometimes giving up on something helps to refind it with less effort than before.  It's an amaZing story how Jennifer gave up her search of finding the oink glass to find something else and then refound it accidentally or is it coincidentally?

For instance, I've been kicking myself all morning for not buying these and although I feel crushed for some lame reason, I suppose something better will come along at the same amazing price.  Or so at least that's what I tell myself to get over it.  (Yes, looming holiday stress has me window shopping to the max!)

Thank you Jennifer for not giving up, yet giving up on the oink glass! Thank you google for helping my buyers find their way to either VintageToGoetsy, HoarderRehab and/or The Destiny of Things!  Thank you etsy for helping me dehoard through your shops!

Thank you for joining me in my quest as a recovering hoarder!

No comments:

Post a Comment