Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Teacher Alphabet Bracelet: The Destiny of Things, Story LVII

Teacher Alphabet Bracelet:  The Destiny of Things, Story LVII

One of my all time favorite teacher accessories and it's gone to it's new life and home!


As a recovering hoarder, I thought this one was going to be difficult to let to go but it wasn't!  Maybe it was due to the insightful dedicated 37 year veteran teacher who ordered it.  Maybe it was due to her using the listing and giving me all the right information I needed to let it go!

Despite the hard bargaining, all I know is she worked with me until I was glad it was going to her for many reasons and at a price we could both agree on!  Plus the icing on the cake that swayed the deal to a close was an update picture of her wearing the alphabet bracelet while teaching her students upper case letter penmanship!!!!!

It was nice to fine out we had a lot in common even though she's a non hoarder and I'm a recovering one.  We both are/were elementary school teachers that come from a long line of teachers in the family.  She's a third generation teacher and in my family all five of my aunts, one uncle, three cousins and I are teachers.

We were both learning to change things in our lives that had to do with letting go and basically both learning non attachment to anything and everything!


Saying Good-bye:  Piece of cake!  Maybe after letting go of over 200 things, all that practice is paying off!  As of yesterday, 223 items to be exact!

As I was saying above, we were both letting go of things, but in her case, it was people and pets close to her, which allowed me to see a different perspective on letting go.  At least I have some choice and control over what I'm letting go, but she doesn't have any!  Which brought to my attention that it's best to have non attachment to as many things, including living ones as much as possible because one day we will all let go of everything!

What I Learned:  

1. For me, back in the day, it was love at first sight with this alphabet bracelet and had to have it and bought it to boost my energies towards teaching and used to inspire my students to learn the alphabet and also as a tactile tool for one on one help or just fun of reciting or singing the alphabet with this bracelet.

As a hoarder, I bought things to boost my energies a little too often, as in daily back in the late 80s and 90s for a period of 3-4 years!  It was good to learn that another teacher does the same, but with more restraint to boost her energies and I know now that's it's okay for "things" to boost our energies, once in awhile!

2.  She told and taught me that, perhaps the one of  biggest lessons in life is choosing to let go or get dragged along.  That nothing is permanent and always changing whether we like it or not.  She told me her secret to happiness is is to accept all that and try not to attach anything to things, situations or other people.

In her words and mine, "dare to take the path of least resistance to change, be aware and accept the impermanence of things and to see everything as neither good or bad, but as it is."

The expectation of not expecting anything will bring what it may and leaves no room for disappointment.

Thank you J for spending time to get to know one another as we negotiated, it was the most insightful fun negotiation ever in more ways than one!  I also look forward to an update of a picture of you wearing the alphabet bracelet in the classroom!  I don't think a deal could get any sweeter than that!

Thank you etsy for another connection to someone who as a non hoarder showed me so many ways to help me enjoy life as a recovering hoarder.

To all teacher out there, thank you for the many things you do, like making the countless split second decisions throughout the day to benefit the individual student, the class and the community!

Thank you US, Australia, Spain, Italy, France, Mexico and Malaysia for spending time here with me today and to all out there good luck on your journey's to your highest good!

Thank you for taking part in my Hoarder RehabThe Destiny of Things!

PHOTO UPDATE: Alphabet Bracelet in the Classroom! The Destiny of Things, Story LVII, part 2

Teacher Related Stories:

1.  Receipt Spike and Service Bell:  my inner city teacher challenges

2.  Rewards as Motivation : relates to my inner city teacher experiences

3.  Freddie the Frog Puppet:  happier teacher experiences and how to forgive

4.  Polaroid Camera Story:  inner city school challenges

5.  US Puzzle Maps:  kinda funny story of my teaching days

6.  Many other stories about toys or teacher tools under the category, The Destiny of Things

No comments:

Post a Comment