Thursday, March 14, 2013

Nautical Anchor Wallet Birthday Gift: The Destiny of Things, Story LIX

Nautical Anchor Wallet Birthday Gift:  The Destiny of Things, Story LIX

I received an "out of the blue" surprise email from an etsyian via VintageToGoetsy!  Thank you Victoria, it was so kind of you to think of me and drop me a story! And such a sweet one.  I love stories like yours!


Here's her emailed story: 
 
March 8 2013 9:15pm EDT
Listing: www.etsy.com/listing/121023988/new-unused-nautical-anchor-maritime

hello. i loved the wallet a lot. i'm glad i could help you get rid of some things. The wallet is for my boyfriend whose birthday is coming up. he had Favorited it on his account i bought it on mine. i know he'll love it and thank you. (:


How sweet is that?  There's nothing like getting exactly what you wished for your birthday! and she's made it come true!


Saying Good- bye:  No Problema or Nessun Problema as another etsysian, Cristina taught me in Italian the other day!  Letting go is just getting so easy now... I'm kinda wondering....what's lurking, but will be thankful instead!

Three more things sold yesterday and I was thankful instead of getting seller hoarder remorse!  No remorse or other ill feelings, not a single twinge of negativeness one bit! --- just pure thankfulness they are going to new lives and homes! 

Also full of gratitude that VintageToGoetsy made it's 100th item mark yesterday!  Time to celebrate 100 items of my hoarder history from one shop gone on to new lives and better homes!

Does this mean that telling the story of my beloved hoarded items is working as the best therapy ever?  Does this mean I'm cured?  Only time will tell!

What I Learned:

1.  This is the second etsy window shopping story I've received from a couple who found something their loved one's favorited in their etsy profiles!  Is this the new version of window shopping?

Remember long slow walks up and down an outdoor Main street with your beau to walk off a nice romantic dinner and then top it off with an ice cream cone? 

2.  Long walks with window shopping reminds of times long ago, when I used to go to dinner with my brother and his girl friend, usually down Main Street in Seal Beach, Huntington Beach or Laguna Beach, where the smell of the ocean was fresh and we'd walk along stopping at various shop windows.

Later my brother and I would return for lunch and take a more purposeful walk as we went into the shops that his girl-friend had window stopped and buy something she wanted for a special occasion or no occasion at all!

I know Huntington's Main Street has changed to be more commercial now, but maybe Seal Beach and Laguna Beach have not.  I'll have to put that on my list to take mr. oz funded by etsy!

Thank you Victoria for sharing your "out of the blue" surprise story about the wallet and bringing me back good memories and places to revisit with my own beau!  and Happy Birthday to your lucky man and I hope he loves his wallet from VintageToGoetsy and you two have the perfect celebration!

Thank you etsyian Cristina from Novara, Piedmont, Italy for teaching me some Italian!  I love to learn new phrases in different languages! Visit her shop, Kriss Wool for some handmade Italian knits here or vintage from Italy here!

Thank you US, Germany, UK, Japan and South Korea for reading through my Hoarder Rehab adventures: The Destiny of Things via VintageToGoetsy!

Birthday Gift Stories:

I didn't realize how many stories I have that were given as gifts, over 10 that I could think of, so here are birthday gift stories!  Great to read if you need some creative gift ideas...

1.  Secret Cross Story:  a husband that that found a cross in his wife's etsy favorites for her gift!

2.  Polaroid Cameras:  a mother finding this in her daughter's favorites for her surprise gift!

3.  Copper Souvenir Bracelets:  a gift to someone who collects copper jewelry from Chile due to her growing up in a Chilean copper town.

4.  Mosler Bank Vault:  A Mom's birthday gift to her son who's into Hugo-esque and anything mechanical

5.  Amethyst Cake Stand:  a birthday gift from daughter to mother 


Other Stories That Were Gifts:


1.  World Globe Key Chains:  a teenager's "little somethings" gifts to her traveling family

2.  Must de Cartier Perfume:  a wife who's going to wear it for their 39th Anniversary, a nostalgic gift!

3.  Mr Happy Plush Toy:  a gift from one brother to another-- both who collect Mr. Happy!

4.  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle shampoo:  sibling gift for a brother who collects TMNT

5.  Precious Moments Figurine:  inside joke gift between two best friends

6.  Depression Glass Refrigerator Storage Dish:  a  highly sentimental gift to a mother in law

7.  Love Dice:  Anniversary Gift

8.  Pig "Oink" Glass:   long lost and broken pig glass surprise gift

9.  B. Maugerite Bourgeyeos Charm:  made into a bracelet from a mother who gave it to her daughter in college to become a teacher!

10. Sacred Heart Nichos:  copper 7 year anniversary gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment