Friday, January 25, 2013

Must de Cartier and My Perfume Collection: The Destiny of Things, Story, XXXIX

Must de Cartier and My Perfume Collection:  The Destiny of Things, Story, XXXIX

I thought this was/is as sentimental to me as to Karen who bought my/her/our Must de Cartier perfume yesterday and joined me and my HoarderRehab adventure by sharing her story and picture!

January 24 2013 11:50am EDT
Invoice: www.etsy.com/your/orders/77593701

Hi Karen!

Thank you for ordering my/our/your Cartier perfume. I hope you love it as much as I do! If there is a story behind your purchase I'd love to know it and document it on my blog to see if it helps end my hoarding cycles this time around!

This fragrance brings back so many memories for me, however due to my allergies I can no longer keep it. What memories does it have for you? and I hope it brings you many more happy ones!

It will be shipped out tomorrow USPS flat rate priority. Thanks again and I hope to include your story. Thank you in advance for your time!

Best regards,
~Kennedy at
The Destiny of Things
HoarderRehab
VintageToGoetsy
hoarderrehab.blogspot.com/


This is less than half my perfume collection started when I was a child.
 My mom has some of the other half of what I started and hers is still growing!

January 24 2013 12:17pm EDT 

The Cartier Fragrance brings back all of the wonderful memories when my husband and I traveled a great deal in the 80s and 90s. We went all over this wonderful country, spent a lot of it snow skiing, as well as traveled to all parts of Europe.

Absolutely everyone wanted to know what fragrance I was wearing. The scent lasts all day and I never wore anything but Cartier. We celebrate 39 years together this year. It will be a treat and surprise for him when he gets a whiff of it. He will remember the scent as he loves it as much as I do. Thank you for allowing me to share and recall those special times!!!

Karen
Texas

 
  
January 24 2013 12:29pm EDT
Oh Karen! Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Thank you for your heartfelt story! I wasn't expecting one, but I gave it a shot! Your story brings tears to my eyes. I was hoping the Cartier perfume would go to someone just like you! Someone who loves it just as much as I do with just as many memories!

And 39 years together! I am ecstatic and elated that you two will be going down years of memory lanes with this perfume!

Can I share your exact words on my blog with the beautiful pic of you two together?

I can't believe how happy your story makes me!
Best to you and your husband!

~Kennedy
California

January 24 2013 12:51pm EDT

Yes. I'm delighted someone can share. Thanks.

 
Saying Good-bye:  I think I'm over my Meltdown, either that or the two focal questions from "destiny as infinity" are finally kicking in and working for me and I am consciously more focused on my HoarderRehab etsy goals.  And I've added a third common sense question... Does this help or worsen my allergies?

The issue I have with fragrances, especially perfume and incense is there were such a big part of my daily ritual of beginning and ending my day and helped as a stress release.  I used to have some stick incense and knew exactly where to break it for a ten minute routine of meditation, which for me is just sitting quietly, breathing and thinking of nothing.

As you can imagine, very difficult for me to do and for months had to keep pen and paper by my side to write down all the thoughts and to do lists going through my head til it was automatic to think of nothing!  I used to love do a whole lot of nothing and then rest! (lilchuckle)  It used to be so easy for me.  (that was a time of one of my last purges)

Note to self:  Write about my purges, especially my last purge when all I took was ten things to my next home.  And how my mom kept me busy with all my collections!

I'd like to replace that daily routine with exercise, but that just does NOT sound ideal or as easy or fun.  Maybe eventually, a quick jump rope of five minutes and a walk after dinner to see other home decor and visit the park down the street.

Anyways, saying good-bye is a lot easier, even with six packages leaving today and out of the six packages I received four stories!  Writing these stories has been the best dehoarding recovery so far!

Side Kick Story:  I've had this perfume set aside because I have it's leather case somewhere in the hoard or at least I used to!  I looked for a week straight and did not find it, but there's still so many boxes to go through, but anyways, I don't know why I was being a stickler about it listing it without it, however when I went to the Autry, this lady was wearing it and every time she came into a room, it just filled it and it was.... well, it was intoxicating!

It brought back so many memories, like when an old boy-friend returned from Paris and added to my LV collection with the Speedy bag, LV checkbook wallet, this Must de Cartier perfume and a pair of 14k gold garnet earrings.  (Now that one I have found the box, but not the earrings!).  I think he was trying to make a tomboy into a lady! -funny.

Odd memories too, nothing romantic like it's seducing fragrance, like when I took the old bf to see the musical Pennies From Heaven for his birthday (his choice) and let him dress me how he thought I should dress (that was the last time!) and all I thought about during the musical was how many six packs of the cheapest beer I could have funded for my college friends and I for a month!

Side Note:  After this next weekend, the curio box will be emptied of all perfume bottles for picture day and then listed next week at the etsy shop, The Destiny of Things.  It's going to house all my broken items from childhood that I can't part with and I'll call it "Broken Childhood Dreams".  It already houses three broken items, my first Native American bracelet, which was a souvenir gift from my Grandmother, a dime store wallet my Grandfather gave me and a wooden bird brooch missing the safety pin my Grandmother made during Executive Order 9066.

If you are curious about the must de Cartier perfume, the mini one of the same era is here and less costly!

What I Learned:

1.  Well, I feel kinda ripped off from my Cartier scent experience.  It was a let down instead of uplifting.  I thought I had better memories of them until I actually had to sit down and write them out!  Oh well, it's a reminder to be myself to evolve slowly and mindfully.  And I'm happy and excited it's going to some people who will relive happy times again!

2.  My perfume collection is only one of many collections I had as a child.  Was that a precursor to my hoarding ways?  Read how I started my childhood perfume collection here.

3.  This Cartier couple makes me so happy just looking at them and imagining 39 years of memories and many of them associated with one of the most unforgettable fragrances ever!  If I ever need to dehoard stress I'm coming back to this picture as a reminder that there is more to life than things!
Thank you Karen for allowing me to share your story as part of my HoarderRehab adventure to better health and a minimalistic organic home with a music art room, instead of hoard!  May you and yours have 39+ more years together just as happy as the last!

Thank you etsy for helping me make connections with people in ways I never thought possible and being such a big part of my HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things!  

Thank you US, Germany, Indonesia, Philippines and Saudi Arabia for your visits today!

Post Notes: 5: 47pm.  I was wandering around etsy again because every time I proofread this post I just keep adding on to it and I was excited to find etsy's blog article on The Art of Scent!  Another coincidental serendipitous moment! Oh and when I commented that I think "scent" is an underestimated art form, I meant museum-wise.  Note to self:  Don't make comments under heavy insomnia!

Another Post Note:   29jan2013 I just read beanforest's blog:  "accidental time travel" and it reminds me of how scents can send me beyond memories to accidental time travels, like I describe some where in my Incense Burner Collection.

Since the only things I'm not allergic to are organic, does anyone know of any organic incense out there?  I have found some organic perfumers on etsy, like Roxana Illuminated Perfumes and CosmoVerde that sell samples, but haven't the courage to try them due to the expensive risk of an allergic reaction.  Has anyone else out there tried them?

Incense was a daily stress reliever for the beginning and the end of my day!  What are your daily rituals?

No comments:

Post a Comment