Thursday, January 10, 2013

Theme Songs, O-mikuji and Milagros: Hoarder Inspiration or Desperation, story #8

Theme Songs, O-mikuji and Milagros:  Hoarder Inspiration or Desperation, story #8
started 9Jan2013 at 2pm

Notice the Japanese o-mikuji wish, dream or prayer  called "home."  Wishes and dreams carried by the wind by placing it on a tree.  I believe the wind of the universe takes my wishes and dreams where they need to go and returns them as dreams come true.

O-mikuji is like the Japanese version of a fortune cookie fortune or actually it's more like the milagro, or little miracle because one makes a small offering, but instead of placing it on a Saint in a church, you give an offering and tie it to a tree branch.  Traditionally a pine tree.

Note to self:  Decide what to do with extensive milagro collection and personal o-mikuji.


I can see clearer now some hoard is gone, I can see some obstacles in my way.  Gone are some dark clouds that had me blind, it's gonna be a bright bright sun shiny day!  I think I can make it now some pain is gone, some of the bad feelings have disappeared.  I feel the rainbow I've been looking for... it's gonna be a bright, bright sun shiny day

Look at all a round there nothing but less boxes, Look straight ahead, less and less boxes!

Everyone sing it or hum along if you are shy or just think of the words in your head as we sing it to, Johnny Nash's song, I Can See Clearly Now!  Live this time!  and everyone clap, whistle and yeah-yeah themselves afterwards too!   or try it third grade style and clap silently in slow, regular or fast motion in a big or tiny circles depending on your evaluation or feelings and pat yourself on the back as many times as you want!

That was fun and encouraging, thank you!  How did it help you?

This morning I was in the music art room cleaning and organizing and get this!!!!! I can almost walk in it most of it without side stepping! Hmm... how to put it?  Over half the area now is walkable like a normal person.  There is less snagging on stuff, less fear of boxes slowly falling over or falling as I walk by and it looks emptier!  Front forward movement is now possible with less side stepping!  That sounds so funny, but it's true!

I did a tally and there are 168 + less things , not counting orders when someone ordered a bunch in one order.  Plus I'm still giving away stuff, if friends will take it!  haha!  Now they see me and walk the other way!  A friend bearing gifts isn't always a good friend, but a dehoarding one!  Didn't count those itmes and some of the sales are of tiny things, but I suppose it all evens out in the end.

I also noticed that I can start adding non breakables to the tansu that stores the all the glass, since I can't stack that to the ceiling!

Hoarder Inspiration:

1.  That's some progress, it feels like instant visual progress, even though I know it's been around 8-9 months!!!! Silent round of applause and pats on the back! My clutter as visual noise has been diminished!

2.  Having a theme song seems to be helping!  Even to sing or hum while I work!  In tribute and thanks for the show, Ally McBeal and theme songs, I found one!  Biscuits theme song of Barry White!  Some clips I found of the show, if you are a fan! and I couldn't find the the famous dancing baby scene.  Ah, the 90s!

3.  Other little focus reminders, gimmicks, realia, theme quotes, o-mikuji, milagros or coping mechanisms around the house are steadfast reminders of goals, wishes and dreams that help me stay focused.  They are like using the two questions:  Is this bringing me closer or further from my goal?  Will I remember this 6 months from now?

Note to self:  Find "house" milagros

Hoarder Desperation: 

1.  This process and journey is taking much more time than I thought, want or can justify and I'm not a patient person when it comes to my hoard!  But I've learned my lesson time and again of what will happen if I just purge and throw it all out to donation.  So in my desperation of this time consuming journey, I am learning patience and am more grateful for the lesson this time around!

Thank you for joining me, US, China, UK, France, Russian, Ukraine, Chile and Trinidad and Tobago, it did me wonders to share the good news!  Destiny as infinity to you and yours!

What's your theme song, quote today or focus reminder today?



Note to self:  this writing is backwards, this is a good example of it, which is better than the usual jumping all over the place maze type trying to tell my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment