Thursday, January 24, 2013

Rear View Mirror Religious Medal: The Destiny of Things, Story XXXVIII

Rear View Mirror Religious Medal:  The Destiny of Things, Story XXXVIII

When it rains, it pours!  And that's literally and figuratively over here in Southern California!  The sun is finally popping in and out this afternoon after a long night of soaking rains!  I hope you are staying warm, dry and safe!

I received four stories today and two yesterday.  One I'm waiting on more pics and the others are for Chinese New Year, so I guess I'll do the others in the order they arrived!



January 24 2013 11:54am EDT
Invoice: www.etsy.com/your/orders/77686786

Hi Becky!

Thank you for your order of the art nouveau religious medal! I hope you love it as much as I do! Will you make it into a baptismal bracelet? I saw the one in your fav's and I'm thinking of making some myself. I love the look and have some leftover rosary medals like the one shown in that pic.

Anyways, if there is a story behind your order, please do tell! I'm collecting these stories, instead of more things for my HoarderRehab blog to see if it helps end my hoarding ways this time around.

Your religious medal will be shipped out tomorrow! Thank you for your time in advance.

Best regards,
Kennedy at
The Destiny of Things
HoarderRehab
VintageToGoetsy
hoarderrehab.blogspot.com/


 This is the cutest baptismal bracelet I found in Becky's favs.  I love the rosary medal used in it.
 pic from Renatta Poccia, baptismal bracelet from her etsy shop, NaturalStonesJewelry




January 24 2013 12:12pm EDT
The bracelet I’m going to just buy- It’s for a friend’s baby and I don’t want anything that dangles just in case baby decides to eat it!

I’m combining the medal with some chandler crystals to make something for my car’s rear view mirror. I’m not Christian, but I am a History major and I appreciate the evolution of the original earth mothers into Mary within religious history. Regardless of an individual’s religious affiliation it reminds us all to adapt, endure and triumph.

Thank you!


January 24 2013 12:21pm EDT 

That's too cool! about the baby bracelet and more interesting to me is your chandelier crystal dangle for your car's rear view mirror!

I'm not religious either and started collecting religious medals through my the interest and history of the milagros when I saw a banner of them at the Mengei Museum years and year ago!

I started making my own religious artifacts back in the 80s and 90s, some are here in this shop.

www.etsy.com/shop/thedestinyofthings?section_id=12553465

I'd love to see your finished product of the rear view mirror and add it to my blog, if you remember and have the time!

I love your spirituality too! And your story inspires me to maybe make some more religious inspired items!

Thank you! I will use your words as is for my HoarderRehab blog! and best to you and your studies!
~Kennedy


Saying Good-bye:  I like it when other people's fav's inspire me and for some reason seeing the rosary medal bracelet designed by Renatta Poccia used in such a simple way really motivated me to clean up the storage room so it can be turned into a music art room!  Thank you Becky and Renatta!

Even though my religious medals are selling more quickly than I thought and even though they don't take up much space, it's good practice for me to let go of them for the bigger and more nostalgic items I am saving for last.

What I Learned:
1.  It's taken a few weeks, but I feel like I'm getting back to normal after my Meltdown and the straw that broke the camel's back.  I'm still buying some of things I've found, but at least I've stopped looking for more things to buy and at least I'm buying stuff, instead of stuffing my face!

2.  Yesterday's Twin of "something blue" Native American bracelet still had some faded sadness to it, but when I rationally called myself on it... and asked myself, is this bringing me closer or further away from my goals?  And how does this help my allergies and health?  I can honestly say, it's going to someone else who will benefit from it more than me.
As a matter of fact, all 6 items that sold yesterday and today are much easier to say good-bye too with both questions in mind.  Most of them I'm allergic too and all of them bring me closer to my dream of a Minimalist Organic Home and a music art room, instead of a hoarded storage room.

Will I remember this six months from now?  I doubt it because I can barely name anything that has sold since my first sale on etsy in May.  And if I do, I can go back to it's new story and it's new home and celebrate everything it's brought me!

Thank you etsy for helping reach my dream of a minimalistic organic home with a music art room, instead of a hoard!

Thank you US, Germany and France for supporting me in my HoarderRehab adventure of The Destiny of Things!


No comments:

Post a Comment