Monday, January 14, 2013

Organic NuttZo and HoarderRehab Diet: HoarderRehab Review #2

Organic NuttZo:  HoarderRehab Review #2
13dec2012:  9:55amCAlifTime, revised mon14jan2013

Organic NuttZo!

photo from Eat, Drink and Be Aware:  Read for details about each nut and seed health benefit here

It's delicious and tastes like chunky peanut butter without the peanuts.  I just opened the bottle and ate 1/4 to 1/3 the jar already!  I've tried many organic nut butters and this one tastes the closest to peanut butter from what I remember!

Long story short, I don't eat peanuts due to mold and Dr's have concluded from testing that I'm allergic to them, but that's another story!

It's more sweet than other nutbutters I've tried, so maybe some or all of the nuts are roasted. I went to the site, but it doesn't say how they are made, except they blend it in a special way for it's consistency.  Other nut butters I eat are raw and sprouted.

I like the RED Nuttzo without peanuts in it, but I did try the BLUE or one with peanuts because Whole Foods didn't have the Red one, but I didn't like it with peanuts.  I haven't tried the chocolate one and probably won't unless Whole Foods is out of Red Nuttzo.

The NuttZo story, as well as her product is very inspiring, uplifting and heart felt!  If you go to the site, watch the pop up video.  It's well worth it and if you know how I feel about skimming through videos that I usually just skip, this one is worth watching and then just go and buy some Nuttzo!

Genesis of NuttZo

Fitness and nutrition have always been an integral part of my life. After adopting two boys from the Ukraine who were vitamin deficient, I became even more focused on preparing creative, flavorful, super-nutritious foods. NuttZo is an Omega-3 powerhouse of nutrition blended into a delectable butter. I'm honored to share it with you and your family.
Adoption was a life changing event for my husband and me. After meeting so many of the beautiful orphaned children while adopting our two sons, we founded Project Left Behind, a 501c3 non-profit organization focused on providing education and living essential to orphans.   I am so pleased to announce that NuttZo is a proud supporter of Project Left Behind.
Enjoy!
Danielle LiVolsi

President/Founder



WARNING:  Keep in mind, I haven't eaten most conventional foods in 3-4 years and 8-10 years of small amounts of bread, soy and cheese and cream.  So some of my taste buds might be more enhanced or dehanced due to relying on mere memories of past loved foods.  Also, when I stop writing organic, it just means I got tired of writing it in, so everything is organic, unless I note that it's not organic. lol

I am allergic to so many things, it's easier to say that I only eat organic gluten free, soy free, dairy free foods, until my hoard of backdrafts are posted and I can concentrate on how I think hoarding effects my health.

One of them is my mental health, which has many categories and sections, so right now I'll just call them, MOODS.  I eat and drink many things to balance my moods or take some moods away, mainly raw, if I can find it, like organic cashew and brazil nuts.  Those two work the best for me and I can tell the difference when I forget to eat them.

Whole Foods stopped carrying Essential Living raw organic brazil nuts and bulk bin ones, which I don't usually buy because of mold and I haven't made a trip to Erwhon for their brazil nuts and powder and I'm on my last couple handfuls in the freezer.  I only need three a day.

Anyways, WF used to have brazil nut butter but it it was tons more expensive then cashew butter and in half the size, but since I'm getting kinda desperate I started looking again, but found Nuttzo butter instead!


Information: I found most interesting about Nuttzo:

1.  its high in ALA Omega 3 and personally I prefer chia over flax anyday!  So I am quite happy with it's chia choice.  I like chia because it doesn't go rancid as quickly as flax and you don't have to grind it to get the Omega 3 benefits.  It's the food of Native Americans and I like the fact that I could live off one Tablspoon of chia or so I've read.

When they went hunting or took long trips and took very little, one of the foods they did take was chia.  I always wondered why they never show Native Americans in Westerns stopping to build campfires and cook food, they just stopped to rest and rest their horse and ate chia from a pouch on their waist.

2.  The reason why it's upside down is because you only have to mix it once because all of the oils will be at the bottom instead of the top!  Very common sense neat trick, so cool!  I'll use it for my cashew butter, which I never bother mixing I just spoon a tunnel.

It has the cashews, first ingred listed and brazil nuts, third ingred. listed which I need for my mood and is reasonably priced, since you ony need one serving a day and it's about $1 a serving.  And that also qualifies as a serving of complete amino acids intake as a protein!

3.  I like that they come with plastic tops now, which are probably less toxic than the metal ones.  My only wild wish would be if they came in wide mouthed squat bottles, so I could reach in there and get every last bit with a spoon! 

4.  Eating 2 tsp-tablespoon of cashew butter or a handful of cashews daily and three brazil nuts works best for me to keep my moods balanced.

Most morning I enjoy what I call a "Choco Latte"  Organic, gluten free, soy free and dairy free.  Here is the recipe if you'd like to taste it:

My Morning CHOCO LATTE Recipe: good for my depression, my mood balance, my thyroid, my diabetes and my low blood pressure prevention.  This is what works for me and if you try it, I hope it tastes good to you!

2-3 teaspoon or tablespoon of organic cashew butter, good to prevent my depression information from the movie, Food Matters

2-3 teaspoon of raw organic cacao powder from Mountain Rose Herbs or organic chocolate baking powder, my good mood enhancer

1 tablespoon raw organic brazil nut powder from Essential Living or raw brazil nut butter from Blue Mountain Organics as my mood stabilizer

1/4 - 1/3 cup canned coconut milk full fat, adds creaminess, but not needed

1/2- 1 teaspoon Essential Living organic raw maca for my thyroid health, it's an adaptogen, so it may help hypo or hyper

1/2- 1 teaspoon organic cinnamon for my diabetes prevention info. from Bernando laPallo, who's 111 years old!  He's also on youtube and has videos on his blog.

dash to 1/2 teaspoon of oraganic cayenne powder or 1-2 dropper full of organic cayenne liquid, good for my brain circulation-Dr. Schulze, plus I love how it tastes with the cacao powder!

pinch of sea salt for my low blood pressure

1.  While I am waiting for some filtered water to almost come to a boil, I add all the above ingredients to a mug.

2.  Add some hot water and mix with hand blender.

3.  Top with nutmeg, cinnamon or pumpkin spice.  I used to add vanilla to it, but can't really tell the difference, so I just leave it out now.

This is not medical advice, but my own experimental HoarderRehab diet for the fun and taste of it!

Thank you China, US, UK, Chile, Germany, Russia, Spain, Mexico, Australia, France, Finland, United Arab Emirates, Trinidad and Tobago for joining me the past three days!  Thank you for joining me with my second HoarderRehab Review and my first introduction to my HoarderRehab diet!

I would like to work on this post more after I get some sleep and get over my stomach issues.




No comments:

Post a Comment