Thursday, January 3, 2013

Destiny As Infinity: Today's HoarderRehab Epiphany #6, mish mash of thoughts

 Destiny As Infinity: HoarderRehab Epiphany #6, mish mash of thoughts leading to a somewhere destination!

Warning!  Bear with me or don't because I have no idea what I'm trying to say yet!  Am I trying to find a new direction for myself?  What am I trying to accomplish with this post?

If you've ever watched Ally McBeal, she spends her life making other people's lives better in her own little quirky ways and Biscuit, her boss has some odd coping mechanisms that help him through the day, like smiling when he doesn't want to, humming a "theme" song, etc.  I'll have to rewatch it again because it's been so long ago and I really enjoyed watching a bunch of misfits being themselves at work and being successful at it.  I know it's only a show, but still....

Rain Drops Keep Falling on My Head wasssss my theme song.  It's already changed to "I Can See Clearly Now" by Johnny Nash who wrote it and performed it!  So I guess I got the "theme" song from the Biscuit.  When my them song is , "I Feel Good" by James Brown---I know I'll have ended my hoarding ways!

pic from Enough! by Nicole Nenninger, informative blog that has unknowingly helped me!  Thanks Nicole!

"Destiny as Infinity" is my theme quote!

Destiny as infinity is my original quote, in the sense I made it up myself.  It may only be new to me and is most likely quoted by someone else out there, but it started to form in my mind when it seemed that people were actually reading my descriptions in my listings and taking my suggestions to heart and acting on them!

It became my theme quote around November 12, 2012, when I wrote the profile for the etsy shop, The Destiny of Things.  When I wrote the profile for that shop, I was listening to Stargate Universe, "To Discover The Destiny of All Things", which still brings tears to my eyes when I listen to it.  I loved that show and didn't want it to end!

Side Note:  HoarderRehab's shop's  quote, "It's all here, except for the one thing that isn't here," is from the TV show, Life.  Another one of my favorite shows.  There's a ton of quotes that I love from the show, but the one I chose for HR etsy shop had always stuck in my head.

There are two parts to the quote, Destiny as infinity.  One being the untold destiny of my things when they sell and the second is my hope they become heirloom objects and get handed down through time until they become relics and end up in futures, like the objects seen in the quarters of characters, like Captain Archer in Enterprise, Mariner in Waterworld or more likely stays within families for infinite amount of generations.

Like a story told around the fireplace or campfire based on this one heirloom told and kept with the item for so many generations the story has gotten more and more grand as the factual little bits and pieces get lost like playing the game "telephone" and are filled in with joyous "at the moment" imagination!  Yes, that's it!  The Legendary Destiny of Things!  That's what I hope each person gets with one of my Hoarder HiStory items!

As I wrote profile for "The Destiny of Things, I stop when I gets stuck or give the writing piece a nap and often go browsing or drifting on etsy, while I was doing that I found this quote on a poster:  "Graditude is Knowing What You Have is Enough" and I wrote in the profile that that is what I want!


Techless me spent too much time trying to find the one I saved in fav and I can't find it on any etsy or google searches, but this one albeit, a little long, works just as well, poster from BubbyandBeanArt.  Thank you Bubby and Bean and your rescue dog, Leary!
"Knowing What I Have is Enough" and "I am Enough" are my new coping mechanism quotes!  And I know quotes work for me because when I was trying to become a financially free "ex" teacher my quote was "I am worthy of abudance" with the infinity sign.  I wrote it on post it notes and had them everywhere, including dollar and coin pockets. I had a five year plan, but made it in three and was 3x more successful than my written goals.

As I look back, I was so unstoppable and focused during that time.  I was unbelievably productive and achieved more things than I thought not possible of me, like teach my class how to run itself, while everyone got a turn to be a teacher for a day until many of them became proficient, also it was a time I used my "find a deal" skills and hoarded real estate on a teacher salary, and I applied and practiced my ability to manage a class of 8-10 year olds to a lesser amount of adults as an inner city landlord.  Now that I look back, it was also the beginning of my failing health.

What I Learned:

1.  It's like my bedridden illness wiped away my memory and it's coming back now, in bits and pieces, like a puzzle to put together.

I'm going to use the strategies from certain periods of my life that worked especially well for me, as better coping mechanisms for this adventure!  Like "theme" songs and quotes and basically the two questions below, but I've added the third one, "my heros"

a)  Does this bring closer or further away from my goals?

b)  Will I remember this in 6 months?  Will I still fee like ____________  when I think of this in six months?

c)   Think about my heros

Note to self:  study them in more deeply

2.  I tend to buy things, not only because I love them, but because of their resale value down the line.  I think I've had this mentality for some time!  And it's being particularly reinforced at this time due to how well and quickly things are leaving my shops! What can I do about changing that mentality?

3.  After looking over my list, uh hum!  Of course, it's much bigger than I thought (as usual!) and it seems, instead of buying a lot of these things, I might be able to find FREE PRINTABLES on line.  So maybe it might be worth getting the printer now, instead of later.  (It's a goal as one of my rewards.)

There are so many times that I have bought stuff, not necessarily for the stuff, but for the packaging or the packaging idea!  For instance just the other day, when I was stress shopping for washi tape, I wanted this pink assortment, but when I thought about it and was mindfully trying to figure out a way on how to use it, I started to wonder if I wanted it "just" for the box!  So basically if you click on the link and go to pic #3, you will see that I just liked how "it" looked due to it's packaging!  I found the free printable of the box and now I'm free of it!  So weird how my mind works.   I'm hoping that if I'm more consistent with my new HR diet, I'll become less and less  impulsive!

Note to self:  Write about how my diet may be related to my hoard and stress!

4.  While making the wish list and bought list, I can see a pattern emerging now!  One of my favorite part of etsy is the packaging, although not as much lately!  And I want to send little trinkets that I would want to get in the packages I ship out.  It's very hard to find one item for less than 50 cents each!  I want to send at least five things in a "thank you" package to customers all for 50 cents or less.  I can do it!

I seem to want and send fortune teller type items.  Maybe that's because I have such an "unexpected" destination myself with this adventure, it seems anything good can happen!  I want to send those out too!  Not just figuratively, but literally!

Note to self:  Write another post about how rewards are the best motivator for me, as opposed to other things I've tried.

pic from the blog, "The Mindfulness Bell"- talks about having enough and offers a way to a more mindful Christmas giving season.  "Care is a priceless gift"

I was going to show pics of all the things bought and "soon to be" bought from my run off holiday angst and other stress, but I'm running out of my "scheduled" blog time, so here's a list with some links on them:

This should be interesting because I think it's just a handful!  Another chuckle with myself!

1.  tea fortune cup from Anthropolgie:  I loved this the minute I saw it, but I couldn't find it at the store and it was too busy crazy at the time to ask, so I didn't.  In hindsight and after writing this post, I think I can skip this item now.

2.  Fortune cookie book---I might still get this!  -sigh-
3.  Monokuro stationary

4.  Biarritz cup and saucers:  to add to my last remaining square collection!  What the?

5.  MT Kamoi Masking Tape Book and various other craft books

6. Fortune Cookie fortunes: for packaging, found some on ebay but can't find them again
7.  Fortune Teller Fish:  for packaging

8.  Loteria Mexicana for packaging because prayer/religious cards are too expensive right now, hence the scheduled trip to the swap meet

9.  Scapula cloth:  for art projects and mending patches for my clothes.  Hard to find and not cheap!

10.  more washi tape!  graffiti style:  I can not figure this one out!

11.  Braille Kit:  I've always wanted to learn Braille, but it seems much harder than sign language

12.  Small heart doily:  small for cards in white.  Why are these so expensive every time I look for them?  Although, these do look like I can cut them up

13.  Various fabrics:  for who knows what!  I especially like Yuwa Megu, this blue on white, I missed it! a bunch of wafunoiro fabrics  and more!  I'm looking for a star fabric from the 70s of tiny dark stars on beige and also cloth from the 80s era called and color of cheddar to finish a quilt I started from 1997.

14. Mechanical chirping birds:  for an art project. They were motion sensitive back in the early 2000?, my students used to bring them to school--- haven't seen them since!  They sold for 2 bucks back then.  Anyone else ever see them?  Techless me can't even find a pic of them!  I can find the Breezy Takara birds on ebay, but they are expensive and getting more expensive by the day.

15.  Tiny sequin stars, inspire me like Janet Bolton art!

Things I've bought:

1.  Avon's Lucky Penny Lip Gloss Compact:  Gumball childhood dreams, basically my childhood dreams art project, that also include a treasure chest of "lost dreams" and a curio cabinet for "childhood broken dreams"

2.  GAme of Funny Conversation Cards:  for shop packaging, but I forgot I don't own a xerox machine! Ha! on me!

3.  Daisy washi tape set in pink, blue and green.  It's been discontinued and every time, I decide to buy it, one of the colors has been sold.  I don't know why, but that set is expensive!  I bought it anyways and got it over with! ha!

Note to self:  Take a pic and do a post on the mystery of hoarding washi tape!  Maybe my writing about it will get down to the bottom of it!

4.  Doily origami paper for angel card projects I used to make.  I would also like to relearn how to make origami boxes to package etsy items.

5.  and some antique to vintage Christmas cards, which I thought I was going to send with my etsy packages, but I'm terrible with time and they arrived after Christmas!  but the ah-ha! moment just came with writing this!  See #4 of what I learned.

6.  I'm just publishing this already because I'm way over my time limit and every time I proof read I just can't stop adding on more!  Please excuse all typos, mistakes, bad grammar and writing!

Thank you for joining me today in another epiphafic adventure in my HoarderRehab!  Thank you visitors from the US, UK, Canada, Italy, Singapore, Malaysia, Ukraine, Netherlands, Trinidad and Tobago!

No comments:

Post a Comment