Monday, January 21, 2013

Retail Therapy as Easy Happy Stress Release: Hoarder Inspiration or Desperation, Story #11, Part 1

Retail Therapy as Easy Happy Stress Release:  Hoarder Inspiration or Desperation, Story #11, Part 1

How healthy is retail therapy to release stress?  It is so much easier and provides much more happiness in the short run then... let's see...when compared to exercise!  But in the long run, as a hoarder, where do I put all the things I've bought?  How do I keep them organized, so they don't end up boxed up and unused for the next 20-30 years as the next HoarderRehab cycle?

Until I have find answers....here is "some" of my retail therapy that helped to release the stress and sadness from my "Melt Down" ranging from  holiday angst to the straw that broke the camel's back:

1.  From New York Market Place, Thank you Marlene for the Vintage Woodblock puzzle and for being ever so kind to answer all my questions and requests due to my oddball allergies!


It's only 3" x 3" and hope to add it to my toy collection, which as a hoarder have no idea why I'm collecting them.  However, I'm sure in time I will have an epiphany or insightful clue about it!

I've learned that sometimes I need to move backwards to move forwards!

2.  Remember my "thank you" buyer packaging dream of 50 cents of at least 5 things, from my post, Destiny as Infinity?  The dream is coming together due to some help from AttysSproutVillage!  Thank you Atty Kim for the bundle of educational money tools from the 60s!

I love to use the word, "buck" instead of dollar and lookie here!  Tons of buck!  So literal and figurative!  Plus my packaging dream for buyers is now 8 items for about 50 cents!  And it's all stuff I want to keep!  So difficult to decide if  I should use these bucks to make origami hearts or send them as ephemera!


3.  I bought this to cheer me up due to Holiday Angst and the straw that broke the camel's back, but the kicker is I couldn't buy just one!  I had to---just had to---- buy TWO!  I think I get this from my Dad, now that I wrote about it.  He does the same thing with items he likes and buys in multiples, as... just in case... impromptu gifts!

My only lament about this fun book, otherwise I'd buy more, is that they put a large sticker on the back of it and if you try and take it off, it will leave sticker residue on the beautiful satin cover!  It's still a lot of bang for it's buck at $15 dollars including shipping or about 4 cents per fortune!  More good "thank you" packaging, if I can get myself to tear out the fortunes!

It's the cutest little pocket book too!  3" x 4 1/4"  Perfect for stashing in your bag and reading while waiting in line, offices or bus stops!  It's available at the Knock, Knock Stuff here.  Read the interesting backstory of how the book came about here!

INSERT PIC of BACk of the book with unremoveable sticker here.

Hoarder Inspiration:  Some things I buy without sense, like the vintage woodblocks.  Maybe they were just the right price at just the right time?  I just had to have theses woodblock puzzles or I was going to lose some sleep over them!  Another mystery to figure out. 

I'm learning to accept that some of my hoarding or buying is like stepping backwards to move forward.

I can't wait to have all my "thank you" packaging items for etsy buyers all bought and assembled!  Still buying stuff for it as I fret, decide and haggle over what and costs!  And some of the items are DIY!  So fun!

Hoarder Desperation:  The fortunes in the book are so cute and cool to me that I really don't want to be ripping them out for "thank you" packaging, so I'm looking for alternatives, but then what will I do with the books?  and where will I put them?  For now they are on display with my Chinese New Year honeycomb paper lanterns, at HoarderRehab.

Buying items in multiples because I can keep some around for an emergency gifts.  I do this sporadically and I can remember going shopping with my Dad on Father/Daughter days and him buying things in multiples of 10+ for gifts, which reminds me to write a post on "Hoarding as a Family Matter."

I'm still on a retail therapy buying spree too!  I can't seem to stop myself, it's like the momentum of a huge rolling stone gathering no moss!  Yep, without care, responsibilities or purposeful intentions. Yikes!  I certainly don't live in the stagnation of the idea or creativity department, but I must organize all this new stuff!

Especially even just sharing it here as I try to make sense of it!  Hopefully to help slow myself and wind down I've started a Retail Therapy Wish List

Retail Therapy Wish List:

1.  African Christmas Beads 

2.  Vintage Loteria Mexicana boxed version

More ReTail Therapy sharing tomorrow!  I wonder how many parts this is going to end up!  I'll try and organize all the retail therapy so I maybe I can see an emerging pattern to it.  Also I received another "Destiny of Things" story through snail mail!  How exciting is that?

And next weekend I hope there will be more time to take pics of the new retail therapy hoard, so I can see it all together and count it, as one big collection and I'll be more grounded and conscious about it!  We spent this weekend taking more pics for new listings for VintageToGoetsy, HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things

Yes, I'm being more balanced and will list daily at the shops, blog, organize my hoard, take better care of my health and I'm incorporating my New Year's Resolutions too!  How are you doing?

Thank you US, Russia, Germany and Trinidad and Tobago for joining me today on my HoarderRehab: Destiny of Things adventures!  Thank you Carole Banks of Hoarder Decorating on Pinterest for pinning 1,764 Christmas Ornaments with a link to my blog and a  funny comment!






No comments:

Post a Comment