Friday, February 15, 2013

Best Friends Valentine: The Destiny of Things, Story XLIX

Best Friends Valentine Precious Moments:  The Destiny of Things, Story XLIX

I was wondering who would order my Betsey Clark figurine and thankful it came with a story!


This was from my aunt from one of my birthdays.  She would take me shopping and let me choose whatever I wanted!  I had a Precious Moments desk set, photo album and a Holy  Hobbie collection too!  All from things chosen from different years of birthday shopping!  This seems to be the only thing that survived it all.  And now it's time to let it go...

It all started with this little note:

Note from Buyer 

Is it possible to include a gift card with this? I am sending it as a valentine to my best friend and would love to include a note!

ALSO PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE A PRICE OR TAG!!!

February 13 2013 10:33pm EDT
Invoice: www.etsy.com/your/orders/80032695

No worries, I'll wrap it in some tissue paper with a bow and add a card for you. Would you like me to write a message on it for you?

Best regards,
~Kennedy

PS. Thank you for the Valentine's story of best friends! This is the second Valentine story I've gotten and I'll put it on my blog! Instead of collecting more things, I'm collecting these stories now! Thank you for yours and being a big part of my HoarderRehab!

hoarderrehab.blogspot.com/


February 13 2013 10:43pm EDT 

Oh that makes me thrilled - glad our story makes the blog :)

I really appreciate your help. I'd love for you to include the following message, if possible (don't judge -- it's cheesy!!):

UPDATE on Wed 20 February 2013:  She said I could use her exact letter!  Here it is:

No judging either, if you read some of the stories on my blog they are made of pure cheese!

To my dear, old friend,

You taught me what a precious moment between friends really is. You've been there for me, through sunshine and rain, and there's no one I'd rather have had by my side all these years.

Although we both know you'll always be mine, I am glad to share you as a Valentine with two stand up guys - Gus and Rahul, in that order. I'd let them under the umbrella, too.

Love,
Your pal, who likes a fair amount of cheese and sentiment every now and again. xoxoxo

PS - I was unable to find a precious moments figurine of two girls hiding beneath a boardwalk. Lord knows I tried.


February 13 2013 10:53pm EDT 

OH wow, that is so cool! If I got a note like that I'd cry for sure! You two are so lucky to have each other! Can I include your note with the story? I understand if I can't, but it's adorable, loveable and the best I've heard, so I have to ask!

No judging either, if you read some of the stories on my blog they are made of pure cheese!

I'll write it up for you and it will be sent out Fri.

PS. Thank you for ordering item #205 of my hoarder history and bringing me closer to my dream of a Minimalist Organic home with a music art room, instead of hoard!

February 19 2013 6:04pm EDT
Thank you very much! Of course you can use our story/note!


 Saying Good-bye:

1.  This was a little heart wrenching because it was a gift from my aunt and ever since I got the comment from Alex concerning, "Dispersing My Box Collection" on how he keeps gifts from family and friends, I've had second thoughts about letting go of my gifts from relatives.  Which many of the items listed at VintageToGoetsy, HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things are unused gifts that I'm finally letting go.

However, once I got the best friend letter, I was fine and couldn't wait to send it off to it's new set of best friends forever!  Also, I got a little laugh out of the fact that these Precious Moment figurines are from an old childhood joke between these best friends!  Either way, that's a cool Valentine to get from someone!

What I Learned:

1.  At this moment, I feel wishy washy about letting my accumulated unusued gifts go and hope I don't relapse at a later date, but move forward, instead of backwards by later in the future trying to replace all the unused gifts I let go!

I just need to focus on my goals and New Year Resolutions and remember that I have way more than I can use and would rather be abundant in other ways!  Plus I'm really curious to see what happens when I hardly have anything again!

2.  My dehoarding has really slowed down.  I'm still sleeping long hours at night and taking several naps in the day, so it seems that I'm catching up on my years of insomnia.  Does that mean my insomnia period is over?

Only time will tell, but I'm not getting much done.  I try not to focus on that and am grateful for this sleep period and how it will help my health.

Useful Reminder:  "It doesn't not matter how slowly I go as long as I do not stop"---Confucius

Also, it has been a luxury so far to sleep, eat, nap, repeat!

3.  I really enjoyed writing the note from one best friend to another.  I hope I get more requests for handwritten notes.

4.  This post has made me more aware about gift giving.  In Japan, many gifts are consumable due to lack of living space, a souvenir from travels would be a special food from that region and when you go visit someone to share your pictures and adventure, all would be shared with the souvenir food.

Since I was a child, I've given stationery and cards as gifts and didn't realize until now that those are consumable and take up little room.

Thank you etsy for continually providing a setting for my hoard history and helping me finding new lives for them!  Thank you etsyians for your kindness, support and time by sharing your stories and reading them!

Thank you  US, UK, France, Kuwait, Sweden and Germany for being with me today as I journey on into my HoarderRehab adventure of The Destiny of Things via VintageToGoetsy!

Post Thoughts:  What consumable gifts would you like to give or receive?


No comments:

Post a Comment