Thursday, February 21, 2013

Orange County Fair Souvenir Barrette: The Destiny of THings, STory LII

Orange County Fair Souvenir Barrette:  The Destiny of THings, STory LII

This was a fun one to let go, although it has/had many sweet and bittersweet memories embedded in it!  Here's the email story...



February 18 2013 2:16am EDT
Listing: www.etsy.com/listing/121024325/90s-native-american-large-heavy-sterling

I am interested in this barrette because of its beautiful texture and the fact that it can hold alot of hair. I would like to make an offer of $ 00.00 for it. I am a grandmother with thick silver hair and the barrette would eventually go to a grand daughter once she expressed interest in it. My thanks for your consideration, Cris

Side NOte:  This was very appealing to me due to it's connected story and destiny as infinity heirloom potential!

February 18 2013 9:11am EDT 

Hi Cris!

I'm jealous! How did you end up with thick silver grey hair!?! Mine is salt and pepper and not so thick anymore!

How about $0? Looking forward to your response!
~Kennedy


February 18 2013 2:21pm EDT 

Hi Kennedy,
Would $00 work? I feel kind of sinful spending so much on a barrette but it is beautiful and sounds totally functional for the Indian blanket draped on top of my head! Just let me know.
My thanks,
Cris

She did it again!  More appeal---Indian blanket draped on top of her head?  Now that's appealing appeal to my curiosity too!  Now I can imagine the Navajo blanket on top of luxurious thick grey hair with my barrette and even more enticing would be a pic of it for the blog!  I'm a goner.  It must be cold wherever she's located!  Her story gets better and better!

February 18 2013 4:19pm EDT 

Hi Cris!

Will you send me a pic of the barrette in your luxurious thick gray hair to put on my blog? and / or with the Indian blanket draped on your head or just showing the Indian blanket? (Thanks for the extra chuckles over here over that!) I love Indian blankets too!

If so, it's yours for $00!
~Kennedy
 

February 19 2013 12:07am EDT 

Thanks so much Kennedy. I will get my son to take a pic of the barrette in my hair and forward it to you for your blog. I too appreciate the history and life of a beautiful object. Please know that it will be cared for and passed on.

In good health,
Cris

***She is appealing to all of my dehoarding requirements of my things!  1)  Take care of and passed on! 2)  used and cherished daily with fun and humor!  3)  destiny as infinity heirloom!  Dream come true!

February 19 2013 12:18pm EDT 

Good morning Chris!

OH MY! Thank you so much! you've made my day! Thank you, I soooo look forward to a pic of the barrette in your hair! and to be able to put it on my blog!

And thank you so much for it's tidbit of it's new life. And for letting me know it will be cared for and passed on. I have many quotes to help me stay focused as I dehoard my life, but the one for my things is "destiny as infinity" So thank you for making it come true for one of my things!

In good health,
~Kennedy

PS. I'll reserve it for you and change the price!


QuincyCAAAAA
February 19 2013 12:12am EDT
Listing: www.etsy.com/listing/121024325/90s-native-american-large-heavy-sterling

Kennedy,
I am a novice at this. How shall I pay you $0 instead of the listed price?? I am known as a technotard in these parts! Cris

February 19 2013 12:23pm EDT
Good morning again!

I'll reserve it for you with a new price and you can just pay for it. If you need help with that, let me know.

Technotard!!!! That's a new word to me! I am soo Technotard too! I am learning slowly, ever so slowly! I call myself "techless", but I like technotard!

My partner is trying to teach me all the technotard stuff, but I'm even a technotard at remembering!

Thanks for the good laugh and new word! In good health,
~Kennedy


Saying Good-bye:  Another piece of cake to let go!  Is it getting easier with practice?  or is it because this came with such a good story, went to such a nice lady and is going to become a "destiny as infinity" heirloom?  I think it's  an "all of the above" answer.  Oh yeah, and how much does "the miracle of sleep" factor in to it all too?

I've been sleeping more soundly for long hours at night and my many naps a day have turned into several naps a day, so I can get more done and think slightly more clearly.  Is this part of the viscous cycle of my hoard?  Was/is my hoard crowding into my sleep causing my many years of insomnia? I have been doing some detoxing too, so maybe..... More mysteries to solve!

Plus that was so fun and funny for me!  Techless meets up with techno-tard!

What I Learned:

1.  Not only do I have several barrettes as souvenirs and souvenir gifts, but many of them are rings and my first one is a Zuni SunGod pendant that I bought from a Native American when I was eight, maybe one of our family vacation trips to Yellowstone National Parks because I can remember large as big or bigger than life dinosaurs, men and other animals on the roadsides.
 
INSERT pic of ZuniGod pendant--I actually know where that is! and list other souvenir rings

One of my childhood souvenir boxes is already gone and written about here. Interesting, that Sequoia souvenir box probably held many, if not all my souvenir jewelry as a child, but didn't bring back as many memories as this souvenir barrette.  Or I should say, the Sequoia box held much simpler time memories and this Native Amerian souvenir barrette more complicated ones!
 
2.  My parents used to take us to the Orange County Fair every once in awhile when we were kids, but in the late 80s and early 90s I returned to the fair because my Mom's quilts had won first prize with one going on to win at the California State Fair!
 
That is where I got this Native American heavily detailed barrette.  I too, at the time, thought it too expensive for hair decor, but the Native American seller encouraged me to try it on and surprisingly it held all my hair in a pony tail!  Plus I liked the way it felt, even though it is a heavy barrette.  I put the barrette down and forgot about it.
 
When we returned to the car to go home, there it was on the car seat!  I used it for many years and it holds a lot of hair, but now I'm allergic to sterling and have a whole lot less hair!  So it's going to to a proper new home with a new useful functional life.
 
3.  I've been practicing my negotiating skills, which is nil to none when it's comes "my" things, but I did very well when it was about negotiating  my real estate investments, so I've been transferring that skill by keeping it in mind and it helps to be detached.

Note to self:  Starting to realize that I need to be more detached about many things!  That my feelings and how my day goes seem to revolve around too many other factors, even the weather.  Nonsense! or that doesn't seem to make sense to me.... yet.
 
4.  Maybe my balance has been shifted and instead of "these things" having such a strong hold on me due to nostalgic memories, dreams, worries or whatever else I buried in them as a coping mechanism.  Maybe I have converted the power these thing hold on me and shifted the power to myself now that it more safe to do so.
 
5.  This morning I was looking through someone's fav. on etsy because they had fav't my entire listed perfume collection and furs on The Destiny of Things and two items at HoarderRehab and I found a dress I really LOVE that reminded me of a reward (if I can part with "walk in" closet amount of clothes and get myself down to five favorite outfits, I can buy five new ones!) I made to myself last summer, which lead me to this etsy blog article, Handmade Portraits:  YOKOO.  Which led me to begin tomorrow's post, "ME and My HOARD!"

and the point is?  The point is my hoard mysteries aren't exactly spelling themselves out, but it is dropping helpful hints and I'm still along for the ride beyond my hoard into the unknown!

Thank you US, UK, Germany, Romania, Argentina, Bulgaria, China and Denmark for joining me for another day as my adventure into HoarderRehab: The Destiny of Things brings me closer to the mysteries of the unknown!

This post reminds me of my other one called, "From Worry Dolls to Louis Vuitton Hair Cubes, " which is about how I learned to put my worries into things as a child and it carried over into my adult life!  Also, the story, "Oh No, not my College Mugs!" is another worry story, although I did not know it at the time I wrote it.


No comments:

Post a Comment