Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Dispersing My Box Collection: The Destiny of Things, Story XLV

Dispersing My Box Collection:  The Destiny of Things, Story XLV

For some reason, I have a massive box collection.  I have difficulties throwing away any kind of box!  I even have jewelry boxes that fit inside my jewelry box, which is really a Japanese sewing tansu!  I even buy things because I like the box it's in!

This was a gift box.  I don't remember what came inside it, but I kept the box!  I thought it might make a good jewelry box for a man this Valentine's and put it on HoarderRehab with some other more handsome looking boxes.  Many of my trinket boxes have sold too this Valentine season, but the one above came with a story!

It simply said:

Note from Buyer Such a cool box...I am giving it to a friend as a "God Box". What ever you need/want to let go of you write it down and put it in the box! I think this will be a very special box! Thanks

That was it!



Saying Good-bye:  I've been getting sleep lately and seem to be catching up from all my insomnia for the past several months but it's so weird... the past three days I just function as if I'm in a daze and if I'm lucky I start to wake up around 3 pm, but right now it's 5:06 pm, yet my mind and body feel like I'm wading through a thick soup of fog!  Anyone else get like that?

No amount of coffee helps, but I've been limiting myself to two cups, usually at 3 am and another at 5 am.  I've been using my HoarderRehab schedule, but out of order.

I guess what I'm trying to say is nothing seems to phase me while in this dazed foggy state, so it's been easy letting go many items these past few days. I think around 9 items have been sent to their new homes!

See my list of collections that includes all the different kinds of boxes here!

What I Learned:

1.  I hope I get enough sleep soon to snap out of this daze, so I can function and think more clearly.  I know it's challenging for me to stay on topic and in this fog it's even worse now! I'd like to post more pictures of my box collection, but this will have to do for today.   Here are links to some of them:

Chinese diorama jewelry trinket box

Small silver trinket pill box with bay leaves

1925 Peruvian coin box

1934 Peruvian coin box

Medium sized cinnabar infinity Chinese box

2.  Yikes!  That's a lot already!  This weekend I'll have to count up all my boxes and takes pics of them as a hoard!  Much of my furniture would qualify as boxes too!  Double yikes!

3. I love the idea of  the "God Box" of writing what you need or want to let go in the box. Thank you for VH for making the box special again!  I even put some things of what I need and want to let go in the box myself!  I wish I could be a fly on the wall when the recipient gets the "God Box!"

Thank you etsy for giving me an outlet to disperse my collections and connecting me other etsyians that let me know the destiny of my things!  It's so much easier as a recovering hoarder!

Thank you VH for giving a new life to the "God Box" and making it truly special again, instead of sitting with my hoard of boxes in a jewelry box full of jewelry I've been waiting to become unallergic to for the past three years!

Thank you viewers from US, UK, Canada, Germany, Spain, France, India and Romania for taking part in my HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things!


Post Thoughts:  Here are some beautiful signed sauce bowls I like just because of the box it's in!  Anyone know where I can just get boxes like these?
Yep!  This box has me WrappedRoundMyFinger!  Thank you Bonnie for giving me some insight about my hoarding ways through your lovely etsy shop!

2 comments:

  1. Hey sweetie, I too love boxes...and that note in the top box...wow...and what a fab idea...maybe put a note like that in all the boxes you sell! If you like the box above you may have to take a little trip to Japan...oh hell throw China in as well...and while you're over this side of the world come on by here for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one nice box. I also keep things like that especially when it comes from my family or friends. We don't know what will be the destiny of things and us.

    ReplyDelete