Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My Shoe Clips Meet Etsyian and her 1949 Hudson Commodore: The Destiny of Things, Story XLIV

My Shoe Clips Meet Etsyian and her 1949 Hudson Commodore:  The Destiny of Things, Story XLIV

Another "destiny as infinity" story!  LD took these off my hands to pair up with her heels and her 1949 Hudson Commodore!  That's gotta be some sight to see!   Thank you LD and VintageToGoetsy!

Don't ask me why, but I love shoe/dress clips and wish they'd come back into style! 
I started a shoe clip/dress clip collection thinking I was going to use them, but never did.  At least my collection only got to three sets.

These are art deco style and very versatile. They were used back in the day when people had less clothes and used clips like these to change their look or dress up an outfit. Traditionally they were clipped on to your shoes, dress or coat. Add them to your lapels, purse, collar, shoes or anywhere else for a modern Hollywood Regency look with a traditional twist! or spice up any outfit with these!

Side Kick Story: I bought these because I think they are an endangered item or actually may be extinct by now. I had hoped to preserve them with the intention of using them in a mixed media textile art piece, but never got further than that intention. I hope someone can use these beautiful pieces of lost art! 

 And someone did!!!!  Thank you LD for keeping their spirit alive and well in style!

Hello Kennedy,

I wanted to let you know that these shoe clips I bought from you www.etsy.com/transaction/113033223 will be well taken care of. I put them on my favorite pair of heels so they will get plenty of use. Thank you for parting ways with them because I really do like them. They will go great with my 1949 Hudson Commodore!

Thanks,
LD




I had no idea how beautiful 1949 Hudson Commodore's are and one maybe like this one is paired up out there with my rhinestone shoe clips!  What a dreamy "destiny as infinity"!


Saying Good-bye:  The rhinestone shoe clips were just a collection and nothing emotionally is attached to them, however I never know what a hoarded item means to me and what hoarder history is really behind it until it gets ordered and goes to it's new home!

I do have the high school memory of happily antique shopping with my brother down the little shops on Main Street in Seal Beach that end at the ocean.  We would end our shopping with a meal at Walt's Wharf.


What I Learned:

1.  According to etsy's Otaku blog article anything over three is a collection, so I guess I started to collect these!  I think I'm starting to get a better grasp on why one is enough and two is too much, instead of one is not enough and two is too much!

I have two more, one is bakelite and the other Victorian metal beadery, Request them, if you are interested and I will start to look for them. Speaking of requests, these are an request from a customer looking for rhinestones for a custom bridal bouquet! What a fascinating and unique idea!

Thank you Jim Gould for your order and story of the Calavera Skull beads and requesting anything with rhinestones for your wedding cake toppers, at Your Tops!  It was your request that had me hunting these down and in the process helped me to organize more of my hoard!  Thank you and all requests are welcome!

Here are the other two dress or shoe clip.  These chocolate bakelite's are available at VintageToGoetsy here:


These Victorian applique shoe or dress accessories are available at VintageToGoetsy here:
For some reason I haven't figured out yet, the metal beaded applique Victorian ones have some hold on me!

2.  Some things in my various collections are just collections, which in some ways is relief that maybe I can one day be a "normal" collector?

3.  It's so nice when "destiny as infinity" meets up and makes a coincidental discovery creating joy for all those involved!  I can just imagine LD and my/her/our shoe clips taking a Sunday drive in a 1949 Hudson Commodore!

Thank you LD for taking the time to email me your/our story!   And for supplying details like the 1949 Hudson Commodore!  What a perfect match!

Thank you etsy for another "destiny as infinity" connection and for helping me disperse 195 of my hoarder history items!

Thank you US, Philippines, Canada, UK, Panama and Singapore for joining me in today's joyous adventure of HoarderRehab's:  The Destiny of Things via VintageToGoetsy!

Stay tuned for pics of my hoard or "soon to be" music art room!  I finally am brave enough to post them some time this week!  Also coming is the last part of my meltdown shopping spree of retail therapy with epiphanies!

Parting Question:  Which "dream" car would pair up with your favorite outfit?  

Since my favorite outfit is a pair of vintage Abercrombie and Fitch thrift jeans I'd have to say a 1930's Helm's Bakery truck!  According to Los Angeles Magazine, the Helm's Bakery landmark is due to re-open this autumn with the trucks too!  Read about it here.  I hope they include organic gluten free bread!

I go visit this lovely favorite truck of mine every once in awhile at the Peterson Automotive Museum.  I took mr oz there for his first time last November and this time found a little piece of Hoarder Inspiration, Story #2!

I used to want a vintage bullet proof ice-cream truck that played, Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries", but this Helm's bakery truck is better because inside it has all kinds of neat and organized drawers!  One of my ex-teacher retirement dreams was to drive one of these around the inner city where I taught selling school supplies to children and healthy organic sugarless snacks, instead of ice cream.

Why?  Back in the 90s, I went to the grocery store store by the school to get an extra box of crayons I had promised a student as a reward and it was $3.75 for the same ones the school gave out to students twice a year!

Thank you LD and the rhinestone shoe clips for bringing back such memories and possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment