Monday, November 12, 2012

Hoarder Inspiration from The Peterson Automotive Museum, Story #2

Hoarder Inspiration from The Peterson Automotive Museum, Los Angeles, California, Story #2

mr. oz needed some time away from the etsy shops, all my tech questions and the computer, so I took him on a surprise date to the Peterson Automotive Museum in Los Angeles, California, funded by etsy sales.  There was no etsy talk, no tech talk and a whole lot of mr. oz time.

I still managed to find this in the Peterson Car Museum!



The garage, besides housing more than one car, (that can be another story!), "held tools, sporting goods, spare parts and all those possessions the family no longer used but couldn't bear to throw away"?
And if that isn't enough, the sales pitch to buying a house with a garage back in the day: "emerged as a means to reduce clutter--or at least moving it to someone else's garage".

Did a hoarder write that little blurb?  Those words stand out so much for me I had to bold and outline them!
 

What I learned:  Inspiration and Desperation can be found anywhere!

Hoarder Inspiration:  If I had a garage I'd want it to look as sparse or more sparse than this one, but just as organized!

Hoarder Desperation:  "Few were as neat as this one."  Turn that into a question and wonder what garages of this day and age look like inside!

Which makes me wonder, has hoarding been an American past time?  I'd be interested in knowing what you think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment