Monday, February 25, 2013

700+ Clocks and Counting!: Hoarder Rehab Inspiration or Desperation, Story #14

700+ Clocks and Counting!:  Hoarder Rehab Inspiration or Desperation, Story #14
started Sat.23Feb2013 11:49am

The etsyian, Gail who gave me Friday's story of the Copper Souvenir Bracelet from Chile, also gave me her story with pics of her 700+ working clocks!  It's like the 1,764 Christmas Ornament story from Yahoo, but better because I got to ask questions that quelled my curiosity!  Thank you Gail, so kind and patient of you!


I love this!  I could spend hours looking at each clock and it looks like they are be grouped by types.


I'm sharing them in the order they were shared with me.  There's all kinds of stuff going on, besides just keeping time!


It is awe shocking beautiful!  Clock heaven!



2 days ago
That is shockingly beautiful! Wow, now I have two stories for my blog!

Okay, I'm sure you get asked this all the time, is it loud for you? Have you ever had all 700+ on at the same time?

Are you in the Guiness Book of World Records? How do your cats like all the clocks? How long have you been collecting? and what inspired you to collect clocks?

As a repetition artist, I love this kinda of stuff! Sorry about all the question I'm awe struck and so curious!

Thank you for sharing!

 
February 22 2013 11:56am EDT 

My father was a watchmaker (he'll be 98 in March) and you can see his old watch bench in one of the photos I sent. The clocks are set for slightly different times so they DON'T all go off at the same time!

Needless to say, they chime, play Christmas carols, meow, talk, Tony the Tiger says "They're grrrrreat!" Just about anything you can imagine.

 I bet Guiness has someone with 1000s. The cats are used to them, nobody bats an eye. I can't sleep without the ticking. Sounds like rain on the roof.

I'm attaching a couple more pics. In one of them, you'll see a photo portrait of my grandmother (the young one) and great grandparents -- the Kennedy family!

 I'm very curious and so I had to ask.... (sorry, don't know how to rotate a pic yet)

 
February 22 2013 9:02pm EDT
Hi Gail!

Wow! Kudos to you watchmaker father at 98 years this March! No wonder you are so healthy!

I love your clock stories! And thank you for sending more pics of your clocks! You live in clock heaven! I know where to send my old clocks!

Thank you for pics of your family too! the Kennedy family! Okay, now you have me really curious-- not thee Kennedy family?

Also, last night I was wondering which one is your favorite clock? How long have you been collecting them? How do you keep them so organized? And who dusts them? Your house looks amazing! Thank you for the additional pictures. Keep more coming if you'd like!

The copper bracelets were shipped out today and will reach you by the time you need them. There's a tracking number, so you can follow them.

Also, I posted the story you gave me and will share your 700+ clock story next week! So thank you for two stories!

hoarderrehab.blogspot.com/2013/02/copper-souvenir-bracelet-from-chile.html

I didn't have time to proofread it. Enjoy! I sure did!


Hoarder Inspiration or Hoarder Desperation:

1.  This is an amazing collection of someone who loves clocks and uses clocks as a sweet lullaby.  Too bad I just can't collect one thing!  I'd love to have a collection as beautiful, thorough and orderly as this!

2.  This reminds me of my meager clock and watch collection , but I'm not sure if I even have them anymore!  I did find my vintage Seiko mantel clock and Seiko watch listed at VintageToGoetsy.

Gail's Tony the Tiger clock that says, "They're greeaaat!" reminds me of my two talking clocks.  One has a long tirade in Japanese with a bugle playing as an alarm and can be seen in my icon pic and is a cat clock.  I have another digital clock that talks and tells the time when you push a button.  I used it in the classroom as a game to check and learn to tell time.

Although, I can think of over five watches I own, I haven't used a watch in over 20 years nor do I know where they are!

3. I wouldn't want to be the one that cleans and maintains all those clocks, but I think if my love of clocks was that strong to have that many, it must be a joy to visit and take care of each clock.

4.  I can add two more questions as tools to help me keep my hoard or collections in order!  How should I  display my collections? and how much joy will it bring me to clean and maintain it?

5.  This has taught me a lot about collecting.  I need to love my collection so much that it gives me joy to take care of it, clean and maintain it!

Thank you Gail for two very interesting stories and new insight for my HoarderRehab adventure!  Thank you for sharing your 700+ clocks and taking the time to take pics and answering all my questions of curiosity! 

I guess you are my first impromptu interview!  Which is one of my HoarderRehab etsy goals, some things just fall into place without thinking about it!

Thank you etsy for making another pleasant easy connection that brings happiness to all involved and for bringing me closer to my dream of a Minimalist organic home with a music art room, instead of hoard storage!

Thank you US, Australia, Finland, France, UK, Canada, Oman, Qatar, Spain, India, Latvia, Poland and Russia for joining me today and over the weekend for an interesting time in the adventures of HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things!

No comments:

Post a Comment