Friday, March 15, 2013

Baton Twirling Book-Perfect Birthday Gift: The Destiny of Things, Story LX

Baton Twirling Book-Perfect Birthday Gift:  The Destiny of Things, Story LX

Another surprise, two items sold in less than one day listed and one of them brought an amazing story!


I was so happy to read this email:

Hello, Kennedy!

It's really great that you're making an effort to not keep too much stuff in your life. Kudos to you! The reason I bought this booklet is because my mom was a majorette in high school in the mid-60's and her uniform looked exactly like the one on the cover of the book. She even bought me a tiny baton when I was born, and we used to "twirl" in the back yard together when I was old enough to try it out. Basically, I came across it totally randomly on Etsy, and I said "Mom would get a huge kick out of this!" so I bought it for her birthday. Maybe we will bust out the batons again for old time's sake;)

Cheers,
Lisa


All that from a "Baton Twirling" book and more!  This note just left me so curious!

I wanted to see her Mom's matching uniform majorette photo!  I wanted to see a pic of Lisa as a child twirling her baby baton with her Mom.  I wanted to know if she still had the tiny baby baton!  I wanted to watch old movies of them twirling together in the backyard! 

I want to be the fly on the wall when her Mom opens this book on her birthday and  I want to be a fly in their backyard when they bust out the batons and kick up their baton twirling heels once again after opening the book and having some cake and ice-cream!

That little story brought me such joy and imagination knowing that in some small ways I've helped create some new happy memories as old ones get revisted!  Thank you Lisa and Happy Birthday to your Mom!


Saying Good-bye:  None at all, this was pure pleasure to send off to it's new surprise birthday life and new baton twirling home!  It surely wasn't doing any of that in mine!

What I Learned:

1.  I'm learning with great joy what nostalgic memories my items are bringing to others and helping them to make new ones, as they are doing the same for me along with dehoarding my home.

2.  Letting go of my hoard is getting easier and easier and in it's place is coming an unknown life.  I wonder what a life without hoarding will be like, feel like and hold for me. 

3.  Dehoarding has already brought me so much --- these stories, connections, old and new tools to help me cope, peeks into other hoarder lives and non hoarder lives.  It's helped me to realize what I put in my hoarded items--- memories, dreams and worries... .There's so many more... I think I'll go have some quiet time and count my lucky stars!

Thank you Lisa for taking the time to share your happy amazing story about you and your Mom with me.  I feel like in my own small way I get to wish her a Happy Birthday with you!  I wish I could see her face when she opens it!  The most favorite part of gift giving to me!  And I do hope you two bust out the batons for old time's sake on her birthday!

Thank you etsy for not only helping me disperse my hoard as I learn to let go of it more and more easily, but for all the wonderful connections, stories, encouraging words and support I receive as a recovering hoarder.

Thanks to the 227 etsyians who have ordered at least one item bringing me closer to my dream of a Minimalist Organic home with a music art room, instead of unused hoard storage!  and helping me to see that my hoard is getting wonderful new lives and better homes!  And a BIG thanks to those that came with stories!

Thank you US, UK, Germany, Poland, Chile and Malaysia for your encouraging support by being here, your visits in many ways keep me going along my Hoarder Rehab adventures:  The Destiny of Things!

Other strangers I indirectly get-got to Wish Happy Birthday to:

1.  Mosler Bank Vault:  A Mom's birthday gift to her son who's into Hugo-esque and anything mechanical

2.  Copper Souvenir Bracelets:  a gift to someone who collects copper jewelry from Chile due to her growing up and displaced in a Chilean copper town.

3.  Amethyst Cake Stand:  a birthday gift from daughter to mother  


Most Read Post This WeekInstant Organic Miswak Toothbrush Review

Most Read Story of Month so far:  My Louis Vuitton Collection, my end as other begin their collections with Miswak Orgnaic Toothbrush Review two views behind it

Most Read All Time Post My Louis Vuitton Collection, my end as other begin their collections with my Hoarder Rehab Meltdown in second.

No comments:

Post a Comment