Friday, March 8, 2013

Anniversary Love Dice: The Destiny of Things, Story LVI

Anniversary Love Dice:  The Destiny of Things, Story LVI

An email story from the etsyian, Cherokee Dreams of Flowering Earth:


Here it is:

1 day ago 

I purchased this set in the hopes that it would bring a smile to my husband. April will be our 24th wedding anniversary and these will be a humorous addition to his gift stash. How could they not be fun? If they bring a kiss or a hug my way during the year - well....that's a bonus. A smile, a giggle, a kiss and a hug!

Another endearing anniversary story with added playfulness!  Thank you Cherokee Dreams for some insight and inspiration of how to keep love strong for a quarter of a century!

Saying Good-bye:

1.  These were another unused gift and sat in a box with the rest of my Valentine hoard, which you can see here.   At one time, I did use them as props in a Valentine decor project.

2. If these didn't get ordered, I was going to upcycle them and  take them from a "G" rating to "Rated R" or higher and spice them up with some added choice embroidered words!  Read some of the ideas here!  Like when you spice up fortune cookie fortunes by adding "in bed" to the end of whatever fortune you get!  "Feed Me Often- In Bed!"  It can add such fun funny playfulness!


 What I Learned:

1.  There are so many kind etsyians out there taking the time out of their busy creative days with my Hoarder Rehab journey and making it much more meaningful, fun and filled with more joy than I ever expected.  And unexpectedly I received some support as a techless etsy newbie too!  Thank you!

2.  My etsy experience has been 100% pure fun and full of joy up until last week to my dismay, a little wrench was thrown into the mix!  Unfortunately for both of us, someone only looked at the photo and didn't read the listing information and so they did not get what they were expecting, leaving both us with a less than good etsy experience!  I am still shocked and devastated with the negativity and non response to reverse the issues through email!

3.  However due to the unexpected rescue and encouraging words and connections with other etsy vendors, I am moving forward more smoothly than I expected and chalking it up as part of any learning experience in the business world, even though for me it's more like therapy.

As a recovering hoarder, it's very difficult for me to not take business negativity personally and I feel shocked, devastated and sad, even though I know in my head that as an etsy newbie, it's just part of business and that no matter how hard I try, I may not be able to please everyone with every order.

But on the flip side of the coin, as an etsyian, I'm doing my best to understand and learn from this experience and  let it improve my lack of business savviness.  Maybe later this misunderstanding will turn into something amazing, just like when I sent the wrong cup measures here.

4.  This event has brought many things to my attention because I've never really thought it was important mainly because of all the emails and stories I get and document on here.  Many people have given me their story without feedback and I never thought about it til now.  Another supporter helped me when she reminded me that it can happen to the best of us.

5.  What to do? Focus on the good to eliminate the bad and many etsyians do that for me daily!  I've also have become more conscious that as a recovering hoarder, I do have feelings and actions that are not the norm! At least it's a revelation that sounds funny to me now and so obviously funny.

And instead of suppressing these feelings I'm not supposed to have and pretending like I don't have these feelings or act differently than the norm and trying to be more like the norm... I know now it is not my cup of tea and it's best for me to express my feelings and work them through in my own ways.  For me, the norm is  is not the path of least resistance nor will it benefit me in ways to overcome my hoarding issues.

Which brings me back to this quote from my Meltdown, which I now call, "not the norm" quote:


I also, got this message from aya of wafunoiro, which I think got a little lost in translation, but works perfectly for me too, like a poem:

It turns out well that you have told. 
And you regret feeling unpleasant by those who are parts
 and as for whom the heart is not. 

Thank you Aya of wafunoiro.for your heartfelt words.  I am so thankful that even though I never know where cheerful help, inspiration or support is going to come, I know that it does come and it may come from people passing by or joining me for a bit as I journey on in my HoarderRehab adventures of The Destiny of Things!

Thank you Cherokee Dreams of Flowering Earth for your story behind the Anniversary Love Dice and for taking the time to email me several letters of your negative experiences with such humor and cheerfulness that helped me get past mine so quickly.  I also learned from you that's okay to feel whatever feelings come to me, even if the norm says otherwise!

Thank you etsy once again for some unexpected amazing connections that have helped me in more ways than I can count now!

Thank you US, Australia, UK, Canada, France, South Korea, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Germany, India, Italy, Poland, Singapore and Russia for joining me the past two days into the unknown adventures of Hoarder RehabThe Destiny of Things!



Other Anniversary Related Stories:

1.  Must de Cartier Perfume :  39 Year Anniversary Story

2.  Copper Sacred Heart Nicho Shadowboxes:  2 Coincidental Seven Year (Copper) Anniversary Stories

Top Stories:


2.  This month's and "all time" most read story:   My Louis Vuitton Collection, the end of my collection is the beginning for others

No comments:

Post a Comment