Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Small Windowsill Planters: The Destiny of Things, Story LXIV

Small Windowsill Planters:  The Destiny of Things, Story LXIV

Signs of Spring are here!  An Etsyian shared her story about my, her, our planters!


An email about shipping brought this one sentence and the one sentence went a long way as a recovering hoarder letting go of my stuff:

"These will be great on my kitchen window sill for my sprouting seeds for salads."

Thank you DF for the tidbit of information.  I am so happy to hear that two of these planters new lives will be growing a saladwith their new home being a kitchen windowsill!


I've used these in many ways over the years, originally bought to use in team tables to grow from seed to bloom with each group in charge of taking care of it.  I did try these at home before I was going to use them in the classroom.  I used egg shells as little pots with drainage holes, used cotton as soil and added some seeds so students could watch them take root and sprout.

Later as coffee table decor displaying my shell or rock collection.  As desk organizer for pens, pencils and other doodads.  Also as simple table decor for any occasion.


Saying Good-bye:  I am happy these have found a new life growing sprouts for salad!  Maybe in the winter they'll grow sprouts for soup toppings!  I love the idea of them being a kitchen windowsill planter!

I have a large area for growing plants over my kitchen sink and it's not a very lovely sight, since it's overcrowded with many white planters.  I just counted 10 planters! 

They are growing chives, cilantro and tomato.  I never noticed how unsightly and overcrowded my sink area looked with all the planters until DF indirectly brought this story to my attention!  Thank you!

I can imagine how beautiful hers will look in their new home with a useful life of holding baby lettuce, arugula and herbs!

What I Learned:

1.  Letting go is still easy and painless and I have moved on to spending more time clearing and organizing the music art room to be able to put some shelving up!  (Until this TKO head cold knocked me out!)

2.  It's so much easier for me to concentrate on my "hoarded" items new life and home now and how it's bringing me closer to my dream of a Minimalist Organic home with a music art room, instead of dwelling the loss and pain of it leaving!  No more heavy hesitation and doubts!  No more seller's remorse!  Now my memories, worries, dreams and loss in the items are processed and dealt with almost instantly.

Thank you DF for leaving me with a tad of information of how these will add beauty and function into your life, especially your kitchen and salads!  Everyone can use a little changing green view while doing the dishes!

Thank you Etsy for your support as I seem to be moving into a new phase of my Hoarder Rehab adventure where letting go is no longer a woeful process, but as I dreamed it's becoming instant straight full gratitude, instead of conflict and bittersweet seller's remorse!  Just as I wrote in my first posting, paragraph 5 here!

I've come a long ways since October 11, 2012 and want to express my gratitude to everyone involved!  Thank you!

Thank you US, UK, France, Poland, Ukraine, Australia, Canada, China, Germany, Finland, Japan, Latvia,Thailand, Russia and anyone else I might have missed--- for joining me the past several days keeping my Hoarder RehabThe Destiny of Things company, while I battle out the flu!

PS.  Four more planters are still available here at The Destiny of Things and some my vase and planter collection is available here at VintageToGoetsy!


No comments:

Post a Comment