Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Chinese Cloisonne Thumb Ring: The Destiny of Things, Story XCIV

Chinese Cloisonne Thumb Ring:  The Destiny of Things, Story XCIV

I rarely check my email outside my Etsy shops, but there was a story waiting for me!  Thank you Natalie!

It was titled:  The etsy buyer of the Chinese cloisonne ring 

Hello HoarderRehab,

I'm sorry I don't remember your name as I'm writing this email but your story has touched my heart to the very core and I'd love to be a part of your stories and journey.

-------Natalie took the time to introduce herself and send some of her own stories which I enjoyed thoroughly. She called it "rambling."-------

Now that I'm done rambling on about me thank you so much for the ring I love it it's gorgeous and so nice I'm using it as a thumb ring it's what I was looking for I had originally set my mind for another one but it's was too expensive and its appearance wasn't worth that much so I searched again and found yours I love it so much and when it came and I opened it omg my heart dropped the packaging was the most thoughtful and creative thing I have ever seen I loved it it was so cute. I keep it everywhere with me.

I'd love to keep contact with you please write back if you'd like and you could tell me more about you I would always help anyway I can. Thank you so much.

Your fellow etsyian,
Natalie Perez


It's emails and stories like these that really keep me going and although I found her email over the weekend, looking for something else and it was dated June 5, 2013, it really came to me in it's own timely manner.

My health hasn't been the same since the car accident in April.  Even though it was a minor one, it has wreaked havoc on my "seemingly" fragile heath and diet.  It must have caused more stress than I thought and it has spilled over back into my hoarding habits of wanting to release stress with retail therapy!

And to be honest with myself, I have been acquiring items from my childhood that I want to use in art projects once the music art room is cleared of it's unused hoard storage!  It's a kinda of double whammy viscous cycle situation.

The stress from the car accident and regular everyday stress streamed over and I reverted back to old habits, besides hoarding!  I've had this "other" habit since childhood and it's only been eradicated twice.  Once on a long camping vacation when I was 10 and maybe a half a year ago when I used "rewards" to slowly focus on it and stop it!

Anyways, I'm starting to wonder if my rewards to stop this "other" habit has stream rolled me back into my hoarding habit ways and I'm adding to my clutter rather than clearing it out for the music art room!  Such a fine line and nothing black and white to help me see more clearly.

Saying Good-bye:  Although I feel exasperated at myself for not checking my shop emails outside of Etsy more often, I shouldn't worry about it because it came at the "best" time when I needed it the most!  Thank you so much Natalie!

This ring and many others, another one is a Clarks and Coombs hematite ring listed here and an enamel bracelet here, were given to me in college by one of my friends.  I have no idea why and the rest of the rings and jewelry given to me are still lost in my hoard some where.

Luckily, I don't have much attachment to these rings, but even so, it's a teensy weensy bit more difficult to let go since my health is not as well and my insomnia has returned.

What I Learned:

1.  I must keep my health on it's directed course by eating mainly a raw vegan diet or my health issues and insomnia seem to return, which seems to be directly linked to making my hoarding worse and my dehoarding more difficult.  Or is it the other way around?

2.  It's times like these that I need to return to some of my old mantras and I dug this old one up from 2007:

"To achieve____ in an easy and relaxed manner, in a healthy and positive way, in it's own perfect timing for the highest good of all."

3.  Hoarder Desperation:  At least all the items I'm buying as rewards are small and are for finishing projects started or to create new ones, but I really need to focus on my one true main goal and that's letting go of my hoard to make room for my new life!

4.  Hoarder Inspiration:  I haven't thought about creating anything in over 15 years, so I need to use this new spark as a motivator and not let it deter or derail my original dream of a Minimalist organic home with a music art room, rather than more unused hoard storage!

Does this mean I'm close to my goal of a music art room, since my mind is uncluttered enough to to think about creating after all these years or is it part of my hoarding habits of seeing the "potential" in so many things I think I need?

Thank you Natalie for your email that came to me at "just" the right time when I needed it most and for sending such a heart felt story too.  It's so nice to hear from someone who is not a hoarder, but from someone who I have so much in common, especially in life experiences.  A heart felt BIG thanks to you for sharing so much with me!  And I hope you write me back!

Thank you Etsy for connecting me with a random act of kindness from a stranger to help me at a time when I am beginning to wonder if my "rewards" are crossing over to "hoarding" again!

Thank you US, Germany, France, China, Malaysia, Russia, Canada, UK, Bolivia, Guam, Philippines and Poland for joining me this week, while I was "out" and too "out of it" to post, but kept going with my HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!  I was here in spirit and did other things to improve my circumstances.  Thank you for being here!

See new hoard that's been listed since I was "out" by clicking on the highlighted links at all three shops, VintageToGoEtsy, HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!

Other Related Postings:

1.  Rewards as Motivation:  What motivates you?

2.  Theme Songs:  using songs, quotes and visuals to help stay focused on my one main goal, dehoarding!

3.  HoarderRehab Meltdown:  reminder of what can happen when too much stress piles up

No comments:

Post a Comment