Friday, July 26, 2013

Cloisonne Enamel Plate Folk Art Wall Decor: The Destiny of Things, Story #101

Cloisonne Enamel Plate Folk Art Wall Decor:  The Destiny of Things, Story #101

Sometimes a story comes out of no where unexpectedly!


Many times there are kind strangers "out there" who go the extra mile to help another person.  This is one of them.  Here is one of the emails:

Kennedy,

I am sending a picture of how I have used the cloisonne enamel plate in my
home.  This is my coat rack which is by my side entry door to my kitchen.
I always felt there was something missing from that little arch above the
mirrored rack.  I think it looks perfect there and I hope you approve.  My
home is my nest and a magical place for me and my little family.  Your
precious plate has added magic to our home.

Thank you for the package of goodies.  And, most of all, thank you for
sharing your story with me.  I am perfectly fine with you sharing how I
used my item but ask that you delete my email address if you could before
sending it out in to cyberspace.

I admire your clever way of overcoming what has become a burden to you.  I
wish you all the best.  Your beautiful hand written note has touched my
heart.  I will be reminded of your precious journey every day now as I am
coming and going from my nest.

Blessings to you,
Therese
 

Emails like this bring tears to my eyes.  Maybe with the insomnia even more so, but Therese's email brings me joy and hope every time I read it.  It doesn't seem to wear off and I'm glad it will be here whenever I need to read it.

Insomnia seems to be reaping more chaos in my life than usual because after three months of "normal" sleep  I'm not used to functioning with insomnia anymore .  I've tried many many different remedies and will return to some of the "old" ones that have "semi" to "maybe" and "worked" for me in the past.  Too bad many of them take three months to kick in.


Saying Good-bye:  I usually write about these stories in the order I receive them, but I'm writing all the easy ones now hoping I'll get some sleep to write about the "more" emotional ones.  It feels weird, like I'm cheating or something.... must be the OCD part of hoarding.

Any-who-who, letting this go was easy for the most part, but it is getting harder and harder to part with my Day of the Dead Religious Mexican Folk Art as it dwindles down to the last few.  I've already gone looking for replacements, which is rather inane on my part since I'm allergic to most of the metals in them.  I keep telling myself that window shopping is not wasting my time, if it helps me release stress and I don't buy anything I'm allergic to!

I know this isn't Mexican Folk Art, but it fit right in my collection and was up with the rest of my display of Religious and Mexican Folk Art around my entry way all year round many years ago.

Now it's in a new place creating the same magic as it once it made for my home, but above an archway.  This brings me much relief and happiness to know that I am connected to someone who also thinks of magical moments while walking through a door way that is not a hoarder!

Look below to see it in it's new home adding the last final touch of magic!  I am so happy to see it there!  It's perfect!


What I Learned:

1.  I'm surprised to find my hoard is adding to the lives of others and grateful too because I never thought it possible.  In some ways, I don't want to see it end, but I do hope I learn from this journey and can find something else to do.

2.  It's very encouraging, motivating and satisfying to know strangers will take the time to help someone in many different kind ways.

3.  It's also very encouraging, motivating and satisfying to know that my hoard is doing "good" out there.  The surprise of it happening hits me every time and still amazes me at every story.  Now if I can only figure out why letting go on Etsy is much more meaningful than donating it.  Maybe it's more conscious?  Maybe I'm dealing with feelings unconsciously, as well as consciously?  Maybe it's a slower process to help me be more aware?

I really have need to ponder over this and hopefully will be able after catching up on some well needed sleep!

Thank you Therese for your heart felt email and update photo.  It really means a lot to me.  And thank you for the different "attempts" to get it to me.  I am so happy and grateful it did!

Thank you Etsy for another amazing connection that bring me closer to my dream of a Minimalist Organic home with a music art room, rather than unused hoarded storage!  Thank you to all the Etsyians who have let me share their story and/or sent update pictures.  It really makes my dehoarding a lot more exciting!

Thank you US, France, Sweden, Russia, Japan, Ukraine, China, Belgium and Vietnam for joining me the past several days as I move forward with my HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!

See a small part of my hoard by clicking on the shop names:  VintageToGoEtsy, HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!  Thank you!

Other Stories with photo updates:  

1.  Hayward Fob Clip:  The Destiny of Things, Story100

2.  Original Floral Sticker Story #90 :  from Carol Peck of TheGiraffe on Etsy

3.   My Alphabet Charm Bracelet Back in a Classroom!  An updated story from May  18, 2013 with lots of pictures of my favorite teacher bracelet with it's new owner in a classroom!  I didn't think that would ever happen!

4.  UPDATE: Mr. Happy with His Brothers in His New Home! The Destiny of Things, Story LIV, part 2, 
see my Mr. Happy with his three brothers in his new home!

5.  Update:  Close Call with Anniversary Love Dice:  Surprise gift in the wrong hands!  Funny!

6.  Toothy Tooth Locket Keeper:  Update with Attached original story of Mother who went all out for her daughters reading fair 

7.   New Home for Turquoise:  Thank you paintthelight for sending a photo of my your our rings on your fingers!

8.  Globe key chains in their new home!

9.  My own update on using a stick twig to brush my teeth called, "miswak"

10.  Most read story of the weekSequoia Souvenir Box, Story #17

11.  Most read story of the month and all timeMy Louis Vuitton Collection, Story #33

No comments:

Post a Comment