Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Large Mexican Folk Art Virgin Mary Tin Nicho: The Destiny of Things, Story #102

Large Mexican Folk Art Virgin Mary Nicho:  The Destiny of Things, Story #102

I love my Day of the Dead Mexican Folk Art tin nichos!


Almost all my Religious Mexican Folk Art nichos have found new homes and this one came with an email!  Here it is:

Hi there,

Thank you for the note. I like to know where things end up too, and also where they come from. I like the stories sometimes as much as the piece! I'm not a fancy collector, but I guess I do collect mexican folk art and hand made items, and I particularly love the old tin work. The newer tin doesn't usually have the fineness and detail and care that you can see in the older pieces.

If I don't give this as a gift to my mom, who would really love it, I will find a special place for it in my home. It looks perfect as it is...maybe I will tuck some old family photos in, or maybe I will put an old piece of mirror in it. I'll know when I see it, or after I've lived with it a while. I'll take good care of it.

Kind regards,
L.



I am happy to know that other people out there like to know the stories behind their items and like to know where things go too!  It's also reassuring to know that sometimes an item takes awhile to get to know and needs time to belong in it's special place, while other items are known instantly!

Saying Good-bye:  I am finding that as long as I have a surplus of items they are a lot easier to let go, but as soon as I get down to the last several to few, it becomes a little more stressful.  When it gets down to the last one it's even more stressful and heart felt, even when in my mind I know I can't use it anymore due to my allergies to most metals.

Even more odd is that I'm getting used to have more space and less clutter and if it weren't for the insomnia, most likely would have a more clear mind too!


What I Learned:

1.  It's good to know that I'm not the only one who likes to know about the past and future of my items, however I think as a recovering hoarder, I would like to learn to to live more in the moment and seem to be more present as I let go of more things.  I would also like to learn to live with less without the stress on top of stress of buying more to release stress.

2.  As an artist, I need a surplus of items to work with and seem to enjoy the idea of collecting ideas of things to make and the search for these items, instead of actually creating with them.   I get too many ideas and try to act on as many as I can and end up spending all my time on just those two things.

I think it's because I have this mind set that I need more space and time to create things, when I know my dining room table and a couple of hours will do just fine.  These mind sets are changing too as I practice them.

I really do learn by example.  Someone sent me an email saying they get a lot of artistic ideas, but they choose one to spend the day on and then move on to another one.  The key word for me was "spend the day", I'm used to spending weeks on a project, letting it rest for a few days and returning to it.

Now I choose smaller projects to create so at least I can "finish" something I start.  As a recovering hoarder, I seem to be lost and need to be reminded of these small revelations.  At least I know I am moving away from stress 'buys" and closer to finding other outlets, like crafts.

Thank you L. for your kind email that is helping me out with my HoarderRehab via VintageToGoEtsy

Thank you Etsy for a connection that keeps me focused and for so many other emails I have received that encourage and motivate me to try different ways to release stress and dehoard!

Than you readers from US, NL, UK, Pakistan, Canada, Argentina, Germany, Poland, and Sweden for joining me in my HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard added daily:  VintageToGoEtsy, HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!

Other Related Stories of my Mexican Folk Art Collection:

1.  Copper Anniversaries:  Sacred Heart Mexican Tin Nichos:  The Destiny of Things, Story #10 and #11

2.  From Lite Hoarder: Mexican Folk Art Tin Frame and Cards, The Destiny of Things, Story #21

No comments:

Post a Comment