Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Hayward Fob Clip: The Destiny of Things, Story C

Hayward Fob Clip:  The Destiny of Things, Story C

I received an email with a photo that speaks volumes and turns this fob clip into extra special!


Here's the email:

Thanks for sending me the fob clip. I needed it for the Waltham Watch my mom got me as a present for graduating law school.


As a recovering hoarder, just two sentences and a photo makes such a difference for me!  It may sound funny and/or weird, but it fills me with such excitement and most of all relief!  Here's what I emailed back:


Wow Mr. S! That's so cool and it looks so beautiful with your Waltham watch! It's much more beautiful now than I ever imagined. Thank you for the kind note and letting me know about it!

Congrats and Kudos to you on your law school graduation! I wish you all the abundance and prosperity in your new career!

I wish you knew how much the picture means to me as a recovering hoarder and will use it "as it is" on my HoarderRehab blog! It is kindness like yours and other Etsyians that keep me focused on breaking my chains!

~Kennedy at
www.etsy.com/shop/vintagetogoetsy
www.etsy.com/shop/HoarderRehab
www.etsy.com/shop/thedestinyofthings

Thank you for joining me one step further by sharing your story and bringing me closer to my dreams!

hoarderrehab.blogspot.com/


Saying Good-bye:   I wish all my "good-byes" of letting go were this simple and easy, so I am thankful for this one being so.  However the upcoming ones are not and I'm still trying to figure out why.

Is it due to the return of my poor health?  coupled with insomnia for the past several weeks? and today their has been added sadness and stress from some family news.  

Most likely all of the above is taking it's toll, however, finding a way to cope without retail therapy is difficult, but a lot easier than how I handled my "Meltdown" last December.  (click here to read about it)  I think knowing that my shopping spree last December did help release stress at the moment, but didn't really help once the items arrived.  And since then, the little to large bumps of stress from daily life seem to come and go with just sitting with the feeling for awhile and then letting it go, just like how I let go of my hoarded items.

At the time, it can be painful and gives me a crazy array of feelings, but eventually they subside to a point where I can let go or they just go away seemingly on their own.

Also, a little piece of chocolate helps or a mini "So Delicious" ice-cream bar or even the promise of some french fries when I feel better works and by the time I feel better, I don't need to get the french fries.  Even the promise of a small budget or large budget "buying spree" helps, but I don't have to act on the promise so much anymore.
  
What I've Learned:

1.  A picture goes a long way!  My fob clip definitely went to the right person and home.  I never thought in my wildest dreams a fob clip could look so good!  It sure has helped me to see things in a different light, which helps me to see my hoard in a different light too.

Although my hoard is becoming more a of a good thing and is making it's way out in the world and doing well and making others happy, despite myself....I really don't want to do this again.  I am anticipating  moving past my hoard into a life of the unknown!

2.  I am learning new ways to deal with my stress, even large lumps of it for ongoing long periods.  I'm finding that delaying a "buy" and waiting for the negative feelings to pass is benefiting me.  I'm finding that stress does pass with time, which I don't think ever really happened to me because I think "retail therapy" for me may have felt like a temporary fix, but in reality it was more like pouring gas, instead of water to put out a fire.  At the time it feels right to me and it definitely feels good to better until it spirals into an "out of control" bigger and bigger viscous cycle.

Note to self:  It seems the "act" of buying is the bigger stress release for me, not "having" the item because after awhile the newly arrived packaged items can just pile up without even being opened to see what's in them.  Is it because I already feel less stress or sadness? or because stress will turn into guilt? or because that's part of the viscous cycle?

Which brings me back to "Clutter as Visual NoiseAnne Fraser from LaughLand says: "Maybe it's not too much stuff that causes stress, but stress that causes too much stuff."   Read her entire quote here, at "Clutter as Visual Noise"

So it seems slowly, but surely, I'm turning my viscous cycle into a vivacious cycle or at least I'm getting little tastes and feeling little hints of it!  And it seems, but I'm not sure yet, but it seems that each time I practice this "delay of retail therapy" the periods of stress seem to shorten too.  Even though I still rely on "certain" foods or "buying" one little thing to release stress, it's becoming less and less necessary and I feel much better about that!



Thank you Mr. S for sending me a photo update of the fob clip with your graduation gift.  I hope you know it's given me much more than I thought possible, which in turn is opening doors to other possibilities that I've not seen or felt before making my life much better.

Thank you Etsy for for bringing together people who help strangers who answer my requests and for making my world a little bigger as each day passes.  And thank you for being their with me at the beginning of my journey and for bringing all those who helped me begin it.

Thank you those from US, Russia, China, UK, Belgium, Japan, Ukraine, Spain and Sweden who show me my world is much bigger with your visits!  Thank you everyone who has helped me on my HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things by getting me this far into my journey!

See a small part of my world by clicking on the shop names:  VintageToGoEtsy, HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!  Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment