Friday, October 25, 2013

UPDATE: In the Tree House for Halloween Scary Stories, The Destiny of Things, Story #124

UPDATE:  In the Tree House for Halloween Scary Stories, The Destiny of Things, Story #124

I'm always talking about being a fly on the wall so I can see my hoarded item in it's new life...

 photo via Ali of Etsy shop, HeyAlleyCat

Well, here I am as a spider on the ceiling!  And I'm watching everyone settle in as the scary stories begin!  Then slowly the story unfolds reeling in the reader and listener like there's no tomorrow!


  photo via Ali of Etsy shop, HeyAlleyCat

 BOO!  The classic looks just fall from listening to More Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark!


 photo via Ali of Etsy shop, HeyAlleyCat


The photo above brings me such a chuckle every time I see it and memories flood from years of reading that book to my classes year after year!  Thanks Ali for sending me an update with photos!  I love to see my hoard in it's new life and this has got to be one the most ultimate dehoarding surprises!


And I'm still up on the ceiling waiting to see what happens next!

Read what happened!  from Ali of HeyAlleyCat's email

I came to know Miss Kitty Kat Kitsch through a friendly hello on ETSY, she has become a dear friend. I started browsing her four shops looking for something special to do with my grandsons for Halloween, she told me all  about the Scary Stories to Read in the Dark and how she read them aloud to her classroom with a darkened room and how the students clung to her every word. I had to have the book! and some other fun stuff from her unusual shops.

When I received the package it was loaded with cool items and with hand written notes about each item. Loved it!  She even gave me creepy suggestion on fun stuff to do at the party!

On to the story, my husband, Jimmy started building this  tree house last summer and kicked it into high gear for the party. We had it on a untradtional day because it was also our second anniversary. We decorated it with garage sale finds and cute stuff from the dollar store, I made Halloween cupcakes, which is another entire story. Kit Kat had included her teacher destash 'tooth locket necklaces' in the package and while my youngest grandson Jaxson was eating one of my cupcakes his tooth came out and we put it in the locket, thanks for the memory K K . 
 

  photo via Ali of Etsy shop, HeyAlleyCat

We waited till dark and we, granddad, grandma, our daughter and two grandson squeezed in to hear the frightful tales. Tasha our daughter read the stories aloud in the dark with a flashlight and the boys eyes got bigger and bigger, at one point during the commotion Clayton fell of his stool and went crashing down the slide stool and all, we all thought he might be hurt but within seconds he had climbed the rope ladder popped his head in the door and scared us!

After we read a few stories Jimmy said he forgot something and when he came back up the ladder he scared the dickens out of us with a full head goul/monster mask on. oh what a fright! Then we turned on the strobe light and that was the end of reading the stories, the boys went berserk clapping hands and freaking out over the delayed reaction caused by the light....We all exited the tree house down the spiral slide thumping and bumping along the way, I think grandma was the only one screaming. 
 
 
  photo via Ali of Etsy shop, HeyAlleyCat
 
All in all it was super,great,fun and scary...something we will always remember, and it all started with a friendly hello to Kennedy Miranda my new BFF in Calif. I think it's wonderful by her dehoarding she is able to give so much to others and help herself too.

Grandma Ali
 
 
 Okay, I'm down off the ceiling now!
 
Ali sent me a second story about the loose tooth on Halloween night! She was so surprised that her grandson's tooth fell out without incidence, she sent me this pix and email:
 
  photo via Ali of Etsy shop, HeyAlleyCat
 
Hi KItty Kat,

The tooth lockets you so kindly gifted me from your shop, The Destiny of Things must have some true fairy dust in them. I  got them out to show my daughter and when it rattled she thought "OMG she must have forgotten to take the tooth out of the locket," we all had a good laugh when we saw the miniature skull as I explained to her about your teacher destash hoard. 
 
The best part later that day we were eating Grandma Ali's homemade cupcakes (from a box with chocolate chips in them), and my youngest grandson Jaxson had this weird look on his face and said "MY tooth came out" we thought he was kidding because it's usually a lot of drama for one of his teeth to come out. So it must be the fairy dust that helped him lose his tooth with no pain. Later that night the tooth fairy came and left some loot, and made off with the locket. I better order some more!! Another instance of your ability to let go of your hoard benefiting someone else!!
 
Thanks again for the lockets, I'm sending you a picture of his mouth, cupcake mess and all!!
 
Kindest regards,
Ali
 
 photo via The Destiny of Things tooth lockets can be found here
 
How funny is that?  Leaving a lost tooth in the tooth!  I wonder if I can find some tooth beads to do that!  What a fun idea!

Saying Goodbye:  Ali bought a bunch of stuff, you can see her Halloween Loot Deluxe Package and her first story here.  All of it went to make at least five people happy and that's gotta be a record of my hoard going out into the world and creating that much scary fun!  At least that I know of!
 
Although it did feel a little strange to see my book markers in the book at such a new place.  The book didn't startle me, but the book markers did!  It was a little jolt of starking shock and then it passed.  And then it was pure happiness seeing the book bring such classic priceless looks to everyone involved, even the spider on the ceiling!
 
What I Learned:  
 
1.  I never know when I'm going to connect with someone and find good friends!  I didn't think my HoarderRehab adventure would be this fun or meaningful while building good friendships!  This certainly is a first for me and I've purged and thought I had quit cold turkey many times!

2.  My hoard is leaving at a faster pace again, but it seems this year I'm okay with it, although I did have a slight slip up gigantic relapse, but that's another story!

3.  I hope I get more updates like this one with photos and now that I think about it I do have another one!  And I've become good friends with her too!  And I was talking to another "maybe" hoarder and after a few emails, she was inspired enough to open her own Etsy shop!  Maybe I'm on a roll!
 
What song did you sing today?  Mine is:  "Let the good times roll, let the stories be told, let them say what they want...let photos be old, let them say what they want...." by the Cars listen on Utube.
 
Thank you Ali for your daily support and sending me pics of all kinds, including the ones for this story and your latest thirft splurge, so I can live vicariously through your shopping sprees!  Visit her Etsy shop, HeyAlleyCat and see her latest vintage loot and also, she's letting go of her own 70s home furnishings!  There's nothing like having something from it's original owner!

Thank you Etsy for yet another amazing connection in friendship while giving me also a dehoarding outlet!  My life only gets better and better and even though I still have no idea where it's taking me, I know it's better than where I started!

It's been worth taking the baby steps into a thousand step journey!

Thank you US, Australia, China, India, Netherlands and UK for being with me and my my Hoarder Rehab and  The Destiny of Things!

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily at: HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things, VintageToGoEtsy and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy!  There are about 77 items listed on JunkDrawerLoveEtsy and will be listing 1-3 new things there daily and 1-2 items at the other shops!  Thanks for looking! 

The "hard to find" audio cassette of Alvin Schwartz's book, series 1 "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" told by George S. Irving, who was in the original, "Oklahoma" and was a guest actor as Edith Bunker's cousin on "All in the Family" with the book, can be ordered here!

My last copy of series 2 "More Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark can be ordered here.  It is the most popular out of the series and it's been tested by over 500 of my students and never failed at having students clinging to each other with such scary fun!  I read many of those stories over and over endless countless times!

Related Stories:

1.  Ali's first story from the Alvin Schwartz book, More Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark:  See the tree house where the stories will be read out loud from an Etsy shop owner, thank you Ali! (click for her Etsy shop)
 
2.  My first Alvin Schwartz, More Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark story is here from an Etsy shop owner, Thank you Molly! (click for her Etsy shop)  She remember the scary illustrations from childhood. 

Most Read Story of the Week, Month and All TimeMy Louis Vuitton Collection: the end of my collection is the beginning for someone else.  The last piece of my LV collection, my 80s LV gold cornered wallet is available here at The Destiny of Things! 


See you on Monday!

2 comments:

  1. HI Kitty Kat THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING OUR PARTY!!!
    It was a blast...I owe it all to you and your destashing, keep up the good work and know that your treasures wanted and loved.
    I just couldn't believe it when his tooth came out and we had the locket, talk about karma, ...new name for you: KARMA KITTY best seller on ETST!!
    You are awesome ...but now I feel like ..new work.. "bloghog"

    ReplyDelete
  2. #2 gigantic relapse: lets hear it!
    Love the Louis Vuitton Collection story too!
    I forgot to tell you that my son-in-law was so excited about the Scary Story book he said it was a REALLY GOOD BOOK. he had it as a child so don't worry about the legacy of the book it will be in good hands, that is when grandma let's go of it. Such a good job on the write up. Are you a journalist?
    ..no you are an author. Take care my cyber friend.. Thank you for the memories. Alley Cat the blog hog

    ReplyDelete