Friday, October 18, 2013

More Scary Stories Book and Halloween DeLuxe Package: The Destiny of Things, Story # 121

More Scary Stories Book and Halloween DeLuxe Package:  The Destiny of Things, Story #121

Ali of HeAlleyCat on Etsy ordered a Halloween Deluxe Package for her grand sons for this!

 photo via Ali from HeyAlleyCat on Etsy, visit her vintage shop here!

Ali and her husband are going all out for their grandchildren this Halloween and even chopped down a cedar tree (it was growing into another tree) to build a tree house for the reading of  More Scary STories to Tell in the Dark!  How cool is that?  If you get too scared take the fast way out down the yellow slide and skimmy on into the house!



photo via Hoarder Rehab

She ordered the almost new More Scary Stores to Tell in the Dark series 2, order the "new" last one here!



She also ordered an assortment of very fun goodie bag items for Halloween fun!







The Halloween Diamonds are sold out and I am so excited they are going to be opened by her two grandsons on Halloween Night! even my pink diamond sold too, more diamond destash coming next week, but click here for some Halloween glass and bone bead destash of mine.


photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, order your own drink animals here! Order the jigger here!


Party Animals for Halloween!  No monkeying around the dinner table, unless it's with your drink monkey!

photo via The Destiny of Things, order some Miracle Fortune Fish here!


Ali even emailed me her story!  Here it is!

Good morning sunshine,

Happy, happy, happy...your treasure box arrived yesterday! The first thing I almost blew a gasket over was the box, bowel detox !!! Now I know what to buy my husband, he keeps wanting to try a cleanse, so thanks!
 
I enjoyed so much opening all the tiny packages each so detailed and put together with love and care. The book is so cool, the grandkids will be thrilled and chilled when we start reading it up in the tree house, love your suggestions on how to creep them out. I'll be sure to take a few photos when we do our halloween party up there. I plan on opening the treasure diamonds then too but probably on the kitchen table over a towel lest we lose any of the tiny treasures.
 
You made the frogs yourself? They are so cute, I just last weekend got the Tiddly Winks out and they finally got the hang of it so the frogs will be great, we'll draw up a board with a pond, rocks, cat tails with different points and make up our own version. You are so creative, loved the artistic card in the tiny wax bag with the red and white string, all the little extras for the boys packaged so orderly and equally distributed, very special. 
 
I'll be able to give them items in their goody bags from your stash for quite a while. I'm going to save the drink cup mini's for a special occasion. I could go on and on about all the little goodies and will I'm sure in the future but for now I want to add that the hand written notes so detailed and informative will be put in Grandma Ali's treasure box, thanks so much!
 
Ali
 
P.s. The fortune fish are amazing, I want to use them as thank yous on Etsy (if I ever have another sale!) My fish curled up entirely, I'm passionate! whoo hooo!  you are too sweet thanks for the tooth necklaces!
 
 
Ali didn't buy anything for herself, so I sent her a little mini ACEO card, order some like it here or here!

Of course I wrote her back, but this post is about as long as my letter, so I won't bore you with my details!  However, I would like to say about the box....I do recycle every chance I get, it's an ingrained part of my OCD hoarder duo, so yes, you might find some creative oddities as packaging in for shipping!

Off topic:  The funniest most creative shipping I received was around the time back in 2010 when I ordered a Japanese obijime folding storage display stand and small glass Kimax beaker and it all came wrapped safely in adult diapers!!!!  I was laughing so hard I had to sit on the ground to finish opening it and finding the little beaker was like searching for treasure in a sea of blue adult diapers!


 photo via Ali from HeyAlleyCat on Etsy, visit her vintage shop here!

A Texan Tree House built for Halloween Night!  Imagine the memories in anticipation and suspense just waiting for their grand sons!  And in a tiny way I am part of it!  I'd like to be the spider on the wall to see all the scary fun!

Saying Goodbye:  Easy peasy, but there is still one More Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark book still available, so if it doesn't sell, I'll just keep it for my library.  I had so much fun making the Halloween Diamonds that I'll make more next year and had fun making a new "Red Diamond" for teachers and another Pink Diamond, so maybe this is another alternative to dehoard and to replace my hoarding ways!

What I Learned:

1.  I never know when, where and how I'll meet a new friend, but I did through an Etsy connection and Ali is one of my biggest Hoarder Rehab supporters by sending me fun, funny and encouraging emails about my dehoarding, reading my many postings on my blog and commenting, she reads my little stories at all my shops and comments on them and sometimes even adds her own stories too!  I love it!

2.  In my last posting I talked about how my hoarding and possibly my insomnia too now, might be related to my diet, especially gluten.  Well, while I was cleaning out the frig this morning, I found an almost empty bottle of shoyu or soy sauce and although I just use a little at a time and it's gluten free, it's made from soy.  I'm allergic to soy too.

Also one of my organic shampoos that I thought used to be gluten free now has wheat protein in it, so I can't use that anymore either.

I really really really need to be more careful, especially when I start to feel better and sleep better!  When I start to feel better, I tend to try and go back to eating some of my favorite foods from the past and fermented soy is supposed to be healthy, well, not for me!  I'll definitely retrn to coconut aminos, it's the closest alternative to shoyu I've found so far.

3.  I think it'll take just one more week and I'll be caught up and back to my healthier routine from the new project fiasco, read about it here, however the "future" music art room still needs more work to get it back in the condition it originally, however there is a silver lining! 

While working in there, I have managed to better organize some of my past art boxes, so I might have some foxy snowflakes and groovin reindeer Christmas cards listed by mid November!

What are you planning for Halloween Night?  I'm not a big Halloween fan and usually take an overextended bath and watch a suspenseful movie!

Thank you Ali from HeyAlleyCat for ordering so much of my hoard and sending me a story about it all, but most of all, thank you for being a new friend and showing me so much support in more ways than one! Get Well Soon too!

Check out her vintage collection and upcycled goods at her Etsy shop, HeyAlleyCat, by clicking  here!  She's been collecting vintage for over 25 years and says, as long as she can pry it out of her husband's hands she'll list it!  I think she listed new items while he was out building the tree house!

I love her upcyled cedar slabs collage assemblage art from the tree they downed to build the tree house!  A "must see" favorite of mine is the buri squirrel woodland assemblage here.  If you love buri animals as much as I do, you'll love it too and the cedar will keep many types of insects, like moths from invading because they don't like the smell or something.

View all her beautifully and clever handmade upcycled items, here

My other favorites are a scary looking kewpie doll, click here and an adorable Donald Duck vintag baby item from the days when one rested the baby bottle on it, like a no hands bottle rester!  He's got a lot of well loved character!

Thank you Etsy for a connection that has given me so much! I never know what other happy surprises an order will bring!  A new bff in Texas!  Thanks a million!

Thank you US, South Africa, China and Ukraine for reading my posts about my Hoarder RehabThe Destiny of Things!

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily at: HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things, VintageToGoEtsy and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy!  There are about 73 items listed on JunkDrawerLoveEtsy and will be listing 1-3 new things there daily and 1-2 items at the other shops!  Thanks for looking! 

The "hard to find" audio cassette of Alvin Schwartz's book, series 1 "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" told by George S. Irving, who was in the original, "Oklahoma" and was a guest actor as Edith Bunker's cousin on "All in the Family" with the book, please order it here!

Related Stories: 

1.  The first Alvin Schwartz, More Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark story is here!

2.  The closest posting to Halloween from last year is here, my first HoarderRehab Epiphany!

Most Read Story of the Week:  Hans Vilhelm Hansen's Version of  St. Laboure's Miraculous Medal

Most Read Story of the Month and All TimeMy Louis Vuitton Collection: the end of my collection is the beginning for someone else.  The last piece of my LV collection, my 80s LV gold cornered wallet is available here at The Destiny of Things!  

Sorry, I have no idea what happened to my usual font and size, bold or unbold and I am so late in posting this Friday.  My apologies.  I only have time to check format, not even proofread, let alone edit! 



2 comments:

  1. Hey Kitty Kat, What an awesome post, did you take a "techie pill" or something,Wow!! The Halloween party is tonight, yesterday Grandma Ali and the boys went to the $ store and bought $20 worth of decorations. The weather should hold out maybe just a little cool. I have to get the cupcakes in the oven so gotta run. Thank you so much for sharing our story, I'm making chicken fingers from scratch, but can't think of a scary name?? maybe some kind of claw? Also having "Deviled eggs" I think I'll wear my witch costume, I have a good "cackle"
    Thanks again for the write up my BBF in Orange County California

    ReplyDelete
  2. HeyAlleyCat! Thank you for the compliment! I wish I could just take a "techie pil!" It was more like a half a day of trial and error! Thanks for letting me share our story and cheers to new friends!

    The Halloween party is tonight! With a witch costume and cackles! Oooh, and witchy witch brew potions of devils eggs, phantom vulture claws and fat belly snake fangs? Fangtastic yum! I hope it's the best scariest fun thriller Halloween party ever! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete