Friday, October 11, 2013

My Washi Tape Quilt Cards: The Destiny of Things, Story #119

My Washi Tape Quilt Cards:  The Destiny of Things, Story #119

This is the BEST news ever since I started to let go of my hoard through Etsy!

photo via Etsy shop, The Destiny of Things.  Happiness Time washi tape card available here.


Someone ordered five of my handmade paper goods!  And not only are they going to good home, but they are going to an Indie bookstore all the way to the BIG APPLE!  so what is the potential of them of going to two more good homes after that?


photo via Etsy shop, The Destiny of Things, Mina Perhonen butterfly washi tape card, available here.


I'm so ecstatic, I've been doing a kit kat happy dance for days!


photo via Etsy shop, The Destiny of Things: Gift tags for the men in your life, here


Saying Goodbye:  I'm a little nervous, super giddy and slightly scared about the destiny of these cards.  Will they do well? bomb? get accepted or not? Only time will tell, but in between time, it doesn't really matter if I go the non judgement route and think of it as a really "good" start into my unknown future without hoard!

Perhaps this craft alternative to hoarding will turn into something besides, "only" cards a mother could love!

What I Learned:

1.  Today I'm trying to slow down and not feel caught up on so much lost time over the project I "almost' started because I think today is a good day to stop and reflect on where I started and where I am now.  With all of my dehoardings ups and downs, feelings, memories, lost and found dreams, worries, turmoil and conflict I'm still here taking one step at a time, even if it's backwards once in awhile!

As I learned and am practicing two postings ago, here, Feeling overwhelmed is a choice and chaos and rushing isn't worth poisoning my health with stress and anxiety and fear.  I am the one in control of my life!  Thank you Nicole Nenninger for posting those helpful quotes on a day I needed it the most!

2.  I am so thankful for many things about my hoard, Etsy and blog that my mind is reeling and I'm feeling too excited and happy to express myself in an understandable manner. I am overjoyed with gratitude and wish I could express my thankfulness more aptly!

3.  I've learned so much in a year, it's really too much to list too and according to my Hoarder Rehab Etsy Goals and 2013 New Year's resolutions, which is over six pages long, I don't think I can fit it all.  I had it posted but it's way too boring.  Anyways....

After a short study of my long term goals and although I'm not as far down the list as I thought, other goals I have surpassed with flying colors, so I am more than happy and thankful for my progress in many areas of my life, not just the Hoarder Rehab ones of my 2013 New Year's Resolutions.

4.  I think I just need to tweak it a bit by adding due dates to each goal for better time management and "to do" lists in smaller steps for better efficiency.  And although, the dehoarding process goes at a pace that seems too slow for me, I really need to let myself slow down more, so I can enjoy more of the daily life of the little things I love.

How are your goals, dreams and/or New Resolutions going so far? Mine are moving along well!

Thank you Etsy buyer for ordering my washi tape cards for your cement and mortar Indi Bookstore in New York!  I look forward to your photo update and shop news!

I want to thank every Etsy shopper, every 139k+ for stopping by, viewing, reading, asking questions, sending compliments, words of encouragement, laughs and/or ordering my hoard and for sending all the stories that keep me focused and honest about my journey.  I never thought that letting go and moving on from my attachment to things would bring such fun surprises, joy, gratitude and so many other positive feelings towards an exciting unknown world without hoard!

Thank you Etsy over and over for the best Hoarder Rehab I've ever had and there have been plenty.  I hope this is the last and final as I move into a better life!

Thank you readers from all over the world for stopping by, keeping me company and taking part in my  Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!

Join me for a silent moment with love and light and perhaps, take some time to reflect as I am going to do as I sit quietly in the last of the afternoon sun here.

Related Stories:

1.  Welcome to Hoarder Rehab's:  The Destiny of Things!  It all started here.

2.  Washi Tape Retail Therapy:  I've come along way!

3.  My first cards, called Pumpkinsteins, as a hoarder alternative!  My first epiphany posting!

Most Read Story of the WeekMore Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

Most Read Story of the Month and All TimeMy Louis Vuitton Collection: the end of my collection is the beginning for someone else.  The last piece of my LV collection, my 80s LV gold cornered wallet is available here at The Destiny of Things! 

No comments:

Post a Comment