Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Swivel Key Chain Clasp Clips: The Destiny of Things, Story #123

Swivel Key Chain Clasp Clips:  The Destiny of Things, Story #123

A simple short story from an Etsy buyer!


Email from Etsy buyer:

Good morning,

I am going to use those clips to put on pacifier holders to clip to diaper bags etc., so I prefer a variety of colors. Thanks for asking.


photo via The Destiny of Things, the last five in green only, available here


What a great idea!  I haven't heard of that one until now!  Thank you!  She bought my last set of ten.

These are from my teaching days and were rewards.  My students loved these since most of my students were latch key students.  Do they still use that term?  Anyways, they used them on their backpacks, belt loops and even doubled them strung together for a simple latch lock.

I use them to attach my keys to my purse for easy quick access, usually on an outside or inside zipper pull hole and if it doesn't have an attachment spot I just sew on another round key ring or attach a ribbon to the keychain and loop it around the purse handle and use lanyard style, just pull up on the ribbon and wa-la there are my keys.  Works magic in deep or large bags, no more fumbling around or emptying my bag just to find my keys!


Last set of five all in green only available here at The Destiny of Things.

Saying Goodbye:  I've squirreled away some (at least it's not all 100 or so of them!) of these because they are so handy.  I've been using mine for over seven years and mr. oz has had his for over 5 years.  I tend to lose them before they break, which is maybe once and I've never had one wear out on me either.

What I Learned:

1.  I just realized these came in a bulk order of 144!  These were in my classroom treasure chest with other items, like flag erasers, mini figurine erasers, pencils, tooth lockets, classic spider rings, mini pirate treasure chests, Little Little Golden books, stickers of all kinds, book markers, charms, some small educational puzzles, toys, like jump ropes and much more!  The really good stuff is long gone!

I remember oohing and ahhing and having so many delightful choices over the treasure chest at my childhood dentist visits and wanted my class to have the same memories.  I had two or three treasure chests.  A paper one for whole class rewards and a deluxe tin one for individual rewards.  I have run out and reordered more of these in the past.  These are quite popular with children in the 80s and 90s.

2.  I become more attached to my hoard when ill.  The office personnel at the chiropractor's office I frequent is taking turns getting sick and I've been fighting this "off and on" cold for over a month now, but it's gotten worse the past couple of days. 

Every time I go to an office appointment (3 times a week) I start feeling all kinds of symptoms by late afternoon.  Organic oranges seem the best to ward it off, but I take several organic herbal alternative with teas and plenty of water all day.  I go to sleep usually by 8pm and wake up between 3-5am and feel fine, but by the afternoon it starts all over again.

The good news is Monday was my last chiropractor appointment ever!  (knock on wood, cross my heart, hope to live and never get in a car accident again!) but I am feeling all the cold symptoms by mid morning and I'm out of oranges.  The bright side:  I don't have insomnia or the blues and the sun just came out!  Just in time to soak some up with fresh air and an outside lunch.

3.  I've hoarded stories once again and will be posting three to four times a week so I don't relapse like last year and post daily for the entire month of December to start the New Year fresh!  Part of learning from my mistakes is remembering them!  Key word,"REMEMBERING!"

I just planned out a blog schedule and I have stories all the way until the end of November!  Oh my!  See you three times a week now!

What was your favorite thing to choose out of a treasure chest?  Mine was the umbrellas, plastic faux flicker wrist watches or little fans that opened and closed and of course opening up each package in anticipation!

I thank another kind Etsy buyer for leaving a quick note of relief by letting me know this going to be used in diaper bags as pacifier holders!  So clever!  Maybe they'll be opening an Etsy shop soon?

Thank you Etsy for helping me find new lives and better homes for over 470+ items and bringing me together with so many different people, hoarders and non hoarders alike with many happy shared connections and new ideas.

Thank you US, Poland, UK, Netherlands,China and Ukraine for your visits to my Hoarder RehabThe Destiny of Things!

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily at: HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things, VintageToGoEtsy and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy!  There are about 77 listed items on JunkDrawerLoveEtsy and will be listing 1-3 new things there daily and 1-2 items at the other shops!  Thanks for looking!

The last five swivel spring loaded clasp clip key chains in green only, available here.  Other items mentioned in the treasure chest, like flag erasers, mini figurine erasers, pencils, tooth lockets, classic spider rings, mini pirate treasure chests, Little Little Golden books, stickers of all kinds, book markers, charms, some small educational puzzles, toys, like jump ropes and much more!  Just click on the highlighted links to order them.  View all four shops for more trinket treasure chests finds or email me and I'll help you find it!

Related Stories of other items loved by my students:

1.  Latest Alvin Schwartz book, More Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark:  See the tree house where the stories will be read out loud from an Etsy shop owner, thank you Ali! (click for her Etsy shop)  Photo update coming this Fri or Mon with classic pics of scared children!

2.  A Little Girl and her Miracle Fish, here! Thank you Etsy shop owner, John!  (click for his Etsy shop)

3.  Tooth falling out -need tooth locket quick!  Read the story, here with a coincidental story pertaining to the tree house Scary Story book!

4.  Mosler Bank Vault for a boy who loves Hugo-esque mechanical fun, like in the movie, here

5.  Spanish Dictionary for a bilingual child's library and a family that loves vintage, here 

6.  A mother hunts down these tooth lockets for her daughter's presentation here!  with updates and pics!

7.  Tooth locket story from a fellow teacher to a family of children, click here!

8.  For nieces and nephews, these 100 stickers went inside a treasure chest:  100 Sticker Story

No comments:

Post a Comment