Wednesday, May 1, 2013

1970s Children's Spanish Picture Dictionary: The Destiny of Things, Story LXXIII

1970s Children's Spanish Picture Dictionary:  The Destiny of Things, Story LXXIII

I was secretly hoping this wouldn't sell, but it did and it came with a wonderful "destiny as infinity" story!


Here is the story emailed by a kind Etsy supporter:

The book will be a gift, to become part of a child's library. The little girl loves picture books and her parents are teaching her to be bilingual. They adore vintage items and so this becomes a gift for them as well.


I am so thankful this book found it's way the right gift giver!  This is one story where my "destiny of things" wish came true!  Here is the wish from the listing:

Untold Destiny: I hope this finds it's way to a home with or without children that speaks many languages and enjoys these pics and learning Spanish too!

This is one of the many books I found looking for a different book for a birthday gift and ended up buying a load of books!  I called that day, " My Hoarder Mishap!"  It felt like I went backwards a mile to take one step forward.

There are so many reasons why I had to have this book: First, all the illustrations reminded me of my own childhood, then the small details, like the alphabet on the bottom corresponding  in bold with the dictionary words, the rounded corners, the simple layout and all the picture gazing without having to read!



Saying Good-bye:  I used this book daily to brush up on my third grade Spanish, which lasted about two days. It was quite fun and I love the Richard Scarry type illustrations. I wanted to keep this book for myself and use the illustrations later for other art projects, but I have so much material already.  I have to ask myself, will I remember this book in six months?

I hope not because I don't think I'll come across another one like it again!  On the bright side it's going to make at least six people happy: a little girl, her parents, the person who's giving it, mr. oz and myself.  Again, I wish I could be a fly on the wall and see all the happiness when this is opened!

I know that this is going to have a better life and new home in a child's library, where it's not only going to be productively used as a picture book, but for a bilingual family teaching their little girl!  And there's more!  It's going to a family who values vintage! Now I feel as though I hit the jack pot with this order!

What I Learned:

1.  Last November when I bought a pile of books, I was debating whether to buy these books or a pair of boots as part of our celebration of selling our first 100 Etsy items.  In hindsight, I don't even think I would have worn the boots and at least the books, but one have sold.  See the book here.

2.  Also looking back, it was so fun looking and finding these books, but at the same time I was in such conflict about buying them and adding to my hoard.  I am so thankful it all worked out!  At least I know, I could make Hoarding into a Business, if need be!

3.  It suits me best to focus on my goal of a Minimalist Organic home with a music art room, rather than unused hoard storage.  After I get there, I can move into the unknown and try many other things without being surrounded by hoard.

Thank you Etsyian from The Destiny of Things for your thoughtfulness in buying such a unique gift for a little girl and her family who is learning Spanish and love vintage.  Also, thank you for sharing your story!

Thank you Etsy for another random connection full of kindness, support and insight towards my Hoarder Rehab!

Thank you US, China, Ireland, India, Germany, UK, Poland, Saudi Arabia, and United Arab Emirates for supporting my HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things via VintageToGoetsy!  click on the links to visit my hoard!


Related Stories:

1.  Destiny as Infinity:  When "The Destiny of Things" connects with a special person and dreams come true!

1.  Hoarder Mishap Relapse, Two Steps Backwards, One Step Forwards:  Books or Boots Celebration

2.  Hoarding as a Business:  I've been considering this---more off than on, but I did consider it today!  And when I do, it always reminds me of the story of Nancy and her collection of English Transferware turned into a successful business!


No comments:

Post a Comment