Friday, May 3, 2013

My Louis Vuitton Collection Update: 80s LV Eyeglass Case: The Destiny of Things, Story LXXIV

My Louis Vuitton Collection Update:  80s LV Eyeglass Case:  The Destiny of Things, Story LXXIV

The second to the last piece of my Louis Vuitton collection sold and it came with a story!


My last three pieces of Louis Vuitton collection are my favorite.  You can read about my collection here and buy the last piece of my collection here.  This is one of my much loved and used LV accessories.  I used it to store my pens and my ever so favorite LA Eyewear glasses that had clip ons.  When I lost the clip on, I used it as a cosmetic bag.  It surprisingly holds a lot!

Back in the day, if you didn't have clip ons to turn your prescription glasses into sunglasses, you had two separate ones and kept them in an eyeglass case.  Or you kept your reading glasses on one side and your sunglasses in the other.


An Etsyian recently lost their vintage 80s Louis Vuitton eyeglass case and bought this as a replacement.  She said she feels like she got a piece of her life returned with all the memories with it!  And then she added, "It was destiny!"

I can relate with her too well about the memories in it, but will focus on the best part of "It was destiny!"  I was so surprised and happy to read her words!


Saying Good-bye:  For a couple fleeting moments I felt some tiny set backs, but they left quickly when I tried to remember the last time I had used this case and couldn't remember.

It does have many good memories in it, especially the day I received it as a gift for a milestone celebration!  And now I have it here as a reminder of that day with other special memories.

What I Learned:

1.  I do have a deep connection with gifts and used to have great difficulties parting with them, even if they were stored for decades and/or never used!  It's easier to let go now, when I remind myself of my goals and think about why I can't use them anymore or the last time I used it.  Or that I've never used it and most likely will never use it!


Every gift is special to me because someone put thought into it and gave it to me as a way to express their love, milestone celebration, kindness and other positive feelings.  It's such a relief now to take a walk down memory lane, rather than have unused hoard in storage!

2.  I used to love to buy and hunt down Louis Vuitton, but I'm glad I don't collect it anymore.  Although my LV has many recollections to my past starting from my teenage years as gifts and hours of shopping, I'm much happier spending the time with family and friends and making new memories, while remembering old ones with them.

Thank you Etsyian for finding my LV eyeglass case and telling me your story.  There are 268 less items in my life now to make more room for the unknown!  Thank you for helping me break my chains!

Thank you Etsy for another connection that supports my HoarderRehab and brings me closer to my dream of Minimalist organic home with a music art room, instead of unused hoard storage!

Thank you US, Canada, Germany, UK, France, India, Peru, Poland and Russia for reading my posts about my HoarderRehab: The Destiny of Things via VintageToGoetsy! To see more of my hoard click on the links.

Visit the last piece of my Louis Vuitton collection here!  I hope I get a story for this one too!


Other Replacement Stories:

1.  Twin of "Something Blue" for You:  nostalgic bracelet from a childhood found

2.  Continuous Miraculous Mary Ring:   a sentimental lost ring found years later

3.  Waechtersbach Red "You Are Special" Plate: heart felt favorite dish for a family and my first story

4. "Happy Birthday" Hostess Hellerware Pastry Stand:  overwound replacement for a Godmother and my second story

5.  Pig "Oink" Glass:  surprise replacement gift from Santa to a Dad

6.  US Puzzle Maps:  just like grandma had!

7.  Freddie the Frog Puppet:  heartfelt childhood replacement many times over

8.  Must de Cartier Perfume:  Discontinued scent for a traveling couple's annniversary

9.  Large Refrigerator Dish:  2nd generation holiday dish replaced by third generation daughter

10.  Graduation Watch Replacement:  a replacement story within a replacement story!

Most Read Story of the Week, Month and All Time FavoriteMy Louis Vuitton Collection





No comments:

Post a Comment