Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Hall China Golden Glo Sugar Packet Holder: The Destiny of Things, Story LXXVIII

Hall China Golden Glo Sugar Packet Holder:  The Destiny of Things, Story LXXVIII

Such a handy nostalgic alternative sugar holder has found a new life and home!

I received this email from an Etsyian at VintageToGoetsy:

I'm Collecting Vintage Pieces to use with my other vintage gold trim Noritake Tulane china. I also have some other serving pieces (covered veg. dishes) that are 100 years old. This will be a neat piece on my server, to add at coffee/ tea time with my vintage cream, sugar, etc.

Thank you Etsyian for sending your story!  I am so happy to hear it's in good company and with a collection with some pieces over 100 years old!  And I can vouch for this being a unique neat piece to add for coffee or tea time for several reasons!

My aunts and uncles loved this piece because it not only brought back memories for them to share, but everyone was happy with their own types of sugar.  So although I had bowl collection, out of it all, I used this piece the most due to it's easy and versatile use.

Now it's with a Noritake Tulane China collection with gold trim, which matches better than with my Noritake Greencourt collection with silver trim.

Noritake Tulane with gold trim and patterned details:




 My Nortiake Greencourt which is similar, but with silver trim:


I'm sure the new owner of my Hall China sugar packet holder will make many new memories with it when the China is rolled out for every special occasion.  


Saying Good-bye:  This piece brings back many special occasions with family, but after having everything from the kitchen in the dining room and living room from the kitchen remodel, I am happy it's found a new home in a new collection!

It's also a good reminder of how much more of my hoard I need to clear out and organize since I have two China sets from my Grandmother somewhere!  I used to use my Noritake and Platinum Whites daily until I moved and now it's lost in my hoard! 

What I Learned:

1.  The more of my hoard that find new homes, it seems the more I still need to disperse!  Just thinking about my Grandmother's China sets lost in my hoard overwhelms me and I wonder how to make room in the kitchen when I find it!

Many kitchen items will still need to be listed to make room and store two large sets of China or I'll need to decide to only keep one of them!  And even then there isn't room for anything more at the moment!

2.  I need to remind myself frequently of how the dining and living room looked with all the kitchen ware in it during the remodel, so I can continue moving forward and let go of so much more of it, especially if I want use my Grandmother's China again daily and have both sets stored in the kitchen.

3.  Such a small container as the sugar packet holder is such a big reminder of how much further I need to press on with my dehoarding to reach my goals!

Thank you Kathryn for your order from VintageToGoetsy and story which in a big way reminded me to keep going and motivated me to store my Grandmother's China!  Thank you for letting me know that the Golden Glo sugar holder is with you and your antique China collection.  Nothing is as complete as a happy ending!

Thank you Etsy for bringing me closer to my dream of a Minimalist Organic home with a music art room and a life free of hoard!

Thank you US, Spain, France, Ireland, Mexico and Sweden for your visits yesterday in support of my Hoarder RehabThe Destiny of Things via VintageToGoetsy!  click on any of the three links to see my hoard!  New hoard added daily!

Other Sets I have that I hope go to collectors: click on the links to view them:  Russel Wright's Carnation Sterling ChinaMidwinter Roselle, Fire King Azurite Charm and Akro Agate children's tea set.

Other stories of my hoard joining other collections:

1.  My Vernon Ware went to another collector who turned his collections into a museum!

2.  Sebring Ivory Porcelain Collector:  the end of my square tea cup collection is the beginning for another

3.  My 80s Sanrio Mugs:  went to a huge collector in Australia

4.  Room Service:  Doug Wilson's of Sigma the Tastesetter plates and egg cups

5.  Snack Set for Two:  went to a new home themed "clarity"

6.  Ecko Manual Hand Mixer:  now in Canada with a 50's kitchen collector




No comments:

Post a Comment